Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

You shoulda been here when we had the BS Forum...He was the only one who would discuss the Dead Sea Scrolls with me. 😎

I would have, but only entered there a couple of times. I miss him, too.

Did you ever read his blog where he talked about his daughter passing away? Great writing and would bring tears from a stone.

• Like 4

I  wanted to remind  everybody that Dave  @Mallette  was a party to a  Petition for Preserving Texarkana and  Stop the Demolition of the Claude Foulke Home-     well looks like Dave won -

Texarkana, Arkansas, commission stops demolition of historic house

TEXARKANA, Ark. -- The city Historic District Commission on Wednesday voted unanimously to deny Beech Street First Baptist Church permission to demolish a historic house on Pecan Street that the church owns. by Karl Richter Jun. 16 2021 @ 12:31pm

https://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/texarkana/story/2021/jun/16/texarkana-arkansas-commission-stops-demolition-historic-house/875189/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, RandyH said:

the tatami allows you to sleep straight , give it 1-2  weeks and the back issues are gone  , but  is it as comfy , maybe not -

The problem I would have with that is once I wake up I would have to stand up, being old and not being so bendy plus 6'3" from the floor to upright is no fun.  

But I can sleep anywhere and fall asleep fast.

Oh just remembered, my poster came in today, one day I will get around to framing it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Oh just remembered, my poster came in today, one day I will get around to framing it

You did -----wow -you're lucky to have gotten one ,  the last batch were damaged -

• Sad 1

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, RandyH said:

You did -----wow -you're lucky to have gotten one ,  the last batch were damaged -

There was very light damage on the bottom where it bumped on the end of the tube during shipping I guess, but it's going to be matted so that will be covered. I do need to check it again to be sure that's all that is wrong with it. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dtel said:

There was very light damage on the bottom where it bumped on the end of the tube during shipping I guess, but it's going to be matted so that will be covered. I do need to check it again to be sure that's all that is wrong with it. 

we order calibrations sheets for equipment , roughly  3 x 3 feet ----they are worth a few hundred dollars per sheet , the least crease or scratch , the sheet is scrapped  --they ship them in tubes , 1 in 2 sheets is unusable  , so we have them shipped in tubes inside big boxes , costs 50$  to ship -

• Like 3

Got my brother and x - kin ticked off at me I guess. :dry:

How can folks get upset over a nickname for a class of inanimate objects? 

Not sure if it came from a cartoon with that character pepe-le-pu or I heard it or came up with it.

So remember how gross aerosol glade was when it came out in the early 70s? Or that's when I noticed it. I thought striking a stick match in the bathroom was better, the fire ate the stinky air up. Or better yet light a candle with it. To me covering it with perfume did not do it, it just added another offensive smell to the mix!

The offending phrase? stinky flowers. Guess I'm not a keto friendly beta boy with manicured nails and slinkys under my blue jeans. Yea slinkys is another nickname I have for something that you should be able to figure out.

And I'm the bad guy? 

Got to get the he)( out of here, these people are nuts!

Know what I mean? 

facepalm.gif

• Haha 2

Well that air perfume in a plug in that heats up oil she fills it with is what got me in trouble.

I'm so worried I'm jammin on Santana and will be eating my sausage spaghetti again soon with leftover dark roast coffee-milk!

• Like 2