Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Spent the day at a smaller water park up on lake Erie w/both grands.  Naturally I got a lounger near the pool with some good looking chick about 10 feet away w/a tribe she was hangin with.  :)  Mediocre afternoon actually.  $3 for an off-brand bottle of water, $6 for a slice of rough looking pizza and $12 for a 20 oz foam cup of soft serve ice cream.  That was AFTER $55 per kid and $35 for the old guy who wasn't gonna get wet.  Amazing place to say the least.  Complete w/an old battle axe checking ALL  bags when you went into the place .  Yup, looking for drinks naturally.  That's not gonna happen again anytime soon.

Did a "phone a friend" on the way out when they closed to find a good pizza shop close.  Scored on that one!  Great pizza!  Both crashed on the hour drive back home so they finally crashed about midnight.  

I'm on the two-lane straight shot from Cbus up to Lake Erie.  Usually pretty busy with lake traffic on the wkends and full of morons playing beat the clock to get to the lake.  Had some dude pass me in a jet black new Dodge at warp 3 on the way up.  He was running at LEAST 130 or more.  Figured a trooper would have him but didn't see him anywhere.  He was outta sight in no time.  Those things RUN!  Now I'm craving another Porsche but that's not gonna happen.  No more bubbles for me.  lol

Oh yea, coffee?  Might just have to since they have their electronics out and I'm hearing all of these strange sounds from the games.  Lawd help me...  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Today I learned about a musical instrument I have never heard of in my life. It is an " Aerophone " from the company Roland, Model AE-10 . Please, take 10 minutes, pump up the volume , no matter what, and listen to it. I find this instrument with its digital audio - network simply sensational....or hasanybody  listened to it before ?

• Like 3

Back on the air.. did ya miss me?

No.. too bad. I'm back anyway.

Wife says she had a good time in MT, despite it being "cold" Kid did good on the plane.

I wasn't sure I was gonna make it to the airport to pick them up. Lots of very dark clouds and a little water in some of the washes.

• Like 3

was noticing some new features/format. Prolly why things slowed down. Was the site down/slow over the whole weekend?

----------------------------

first thing wife wanted when she got home was some good coffee. This dude ranch serves Folgers in the one cup "tea bags"... blech

my bad --- an on-topic comment

nothing exciting happened to me over my absence. Not much exciting happens here. When it does, the SWAT team is usually involved

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

was noticing some new features/format. Prolly why things slowed down. Was the site down/slow over the whole weekend?

----------------------------

first thing wife wanted when she got home was some good coffee. This dude ranch serves Folgers in the one cup "tea bags"... blech

my bad --- an on-topic comment

Coffee aint off topic here EVER;)

Not for me it started yesterday evening. Still slow to post, the likes I did this am aren't there anymore I just re-did a couple.

• Like 3

Wellllll the coffee WOULD suck.  Guy from here hit HI with his wife for a week then decided to stay two and fly both his kids out.  hahaha  I sent him a text and asked him to bring 5 pounds of Lappert's back for me...  As if that's gonna happen.

Hopefully this place sorts itself soon.  Ugh!  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

hahaha  I sent him a text and asked him to bring 5 pounds of Lappert's back for me...  As if that's gonna happen.

Hopefully this place sorts itself soon.  Ugh!  

You never know!

Still slow for me tonight, but not impossible.

• Like 3

On 8/15/2021 at 6:29 AM, JohnJ said:

You ever, when running out of one bag of beans put a dissimilar bean in the hopper and mix the two flavors?

our local roaster has some beans called Arivaca Blend. French roast mixed with a central American [Guatemalan, I think]  beans... dark roast and light... I like it.

-----------------------------------------

Wife's secretary went to Alaska for a few days. She brought an ulu [knife] back for me. I can see doing some real damage with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've preferred the South American beans forever. But that "blend" the other morning just wasn't too good!

Had to look up the Ulu knife, Looks handy for slicing & dicing ;)

A medieval weapon for sure. Probably somewhere in stuff from that fantastic Game of Thrones production.

Untitled.png

• Like 3

it's primary use is for skinning and cutting meat... the one I got is nowhere near as fancy as the one you pictured.

------------------------

We had a freezer full of ahi when I lived on Kauai. Once a week, we would go out. If family matters had not brought me back to the mainland abruptly, the boat owner and I were going to fish commercially

• Like 4

I'd hurt myself with one of those things!  Simple.  :)

H3ll week is starting about tomorrow.  The town's (12k ppl) annual Bratwurst Festival begins on Thursday and runs thru Saturday.  Gonna be sketchy for me this year.  I'm not into 150k ppl coming into Duckburg over 3 days for a partay!  It'll be parades, food stands lining both sides of the main drag and wall to wall ppl walking up and down the streets eating.  Then the beer gardens all have bands at night in addition to 3 main stages w/entertainment on them all day long.

Anyone bored and down for a road trip inbox me and I'll hook ya up.  House is always open to friends and have plenty of room.  House gets full there are a couple nice large tents in the garage here I can break out for the overflow.  Yup, it's been done before w/np.  :)  Great jazz guitarist coming in Friday night and some great bands hitting the beer gardens every night.  Just lemme know!  My doors always open for family.  :)

• Like 2