Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Crazy day and everything w/the change out went smooth as silk.  Walked in and my heartbeat was 63, after the change it was 93.  No wonder I was hurtin! 

Didn't put me under, which was great but they did give me one heck of a ride.  Got some O and then they hit me with the gas.  Just prior to that, the anesthesiologist asked what kind of music I wanted to hear.  I said well anything that's good.  He turns up the system and I'm hearing hymns???  I said was the last guy that worried or what?  He laffed and cranked up some Guns & Roses.  hahaha 

The gas?  Ummm I dunno but it was one heck of a ride for an hour.  :)  Btw Steve, buy the guitar!  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Btw Steve, buy the guitar!

I just bought the guitar Dave. I wish they'd stop making guitars ... this is getting to be an expensive habit. But, even when I'm not playing one, they sure look good hanging on the wall. 

Still not at my cousin's friends level ... he has a Fender Telecaster on loan to the Rock Hall of Fame. 

I think listening to hymns would be nice ... peaceful, encouraging music to calm your nerves. I love Rock and Roll; but there are times when it just isn't important. 

Glad you made it through and hope you're feeling great very soon. 

Peace my friend. 

• Like 5

• Moderators

Good to hear Dave. :emotion-21: " smooth as silk" is exactly what you want. 

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Truth be told, I'd rather have a wife and be buying her stuff; but so life goes. 

There is a plan, were just on the ride, but I don't blame you.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

There is a plan, were just on the ride, but I don't blame you.

I do admit that when I see couples arguing nowadays, I am thankful that I'm not married. But, then I lose out on all the positives of being in a relationship too. 

• Like 2

mornin' all

Happy to hear your thing went well, Dave

I guess we have a skunk making the rounds the pasted few days -- including this AM. No guessing, really. Not in the yard. More like a person that wears too much cologne. Residual. PU. A strong whiff and gone.

Lots of flies in the house yesterday... Took a scene from Tommy Boy to fix. Rather than trying to swat them all, I got out the vacuum. LOL

Getting a "break" [not that we wanted one] from the rains and into excessive heat. Glad I'm not in Phoenix or Tucson. Does give me an excuse for being excessively lazy, though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Crazy day and everything w/the change out went smooth as silk.  Walked in and my heartbeat was 63, after the change it was 93.  No wonder I was hurtin! 

Great to hear Dave!! Now get back to whatever the heck you want to get back to!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

as you know, I'm a single man ... so after a few adult beverages, I'm about to buy another guitar. I said "Honey, do you mind  if I buy another guitar?"  I didn't hear her say no. 

Truth be told, I'd rather have a wife and be buying her stuff; but so life goes. 

The guitars  are a problem only when paired with adult beverages.  Tuck the keyboard away, enjoy a sip or three and kick back with some tunes. Cheaper in the long run —

• Like 5

Mornn' all

found out that I have something [else] wrong with me.

a condition called synesthesia.  When I jam on my keyboard, I see what I am playing in colors when I close my eyes.

another lazy day. Already getting warm/ Drank a pot of coffee and ate a plateful of chorizo and eggs... ready for a nap now.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

spacer.png

Hey it's working again! I was about to call it quits when this place wouldn't let me do squat yesterday except to log in and out.

Know it's late to the tropical party but.... pulled a rubbermaid out of the shed the other day `cause it said cold clothes on the tape on top <_< I was looking for my flannels and sweatshirts and one jacket because it does snow down here more than I'm used to back in my old town.

But... it was full of short sleeve hanging stuff, I've got my t-shirts so don't need that but I hung them up until we go back there tomorrow. Here's the shirt that my mom told me her heartthrob was wearing driving the red Ferrari in HI on tv.

*Think a lid got swapped!

Not really working right but it's better in here.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Haha 4

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Headed toward you not me at present. 

Of course........subject to change without notice.

I seen that a few minutes ago, after reading the discussion they think it will be a pretty good strength before it makes land.

But what they said there is uncertainy, which is what they and everyone does best with these things.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

found out that I have something [else] wrong with me.

a condition called synesthesia.  When I jam on my keyboard, I see what I am playing in colors when I close my eyes.

And to think you did not have to pay extra for that. Sounds pretty cool actually 

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Here's the shirt that my mom told me her heartthrob was wearing driving the red Ferrari in HI on tv.

Nice, I would wear it, but that might have just lowered the bar on how it looks to others ?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, dtel said:

I seen that a few minutes ago, after reading the discussion they think it will be a pretty good strength before it makes land.

But what they said there is uncertainy, which is what they and everyone does best with these things.  

Only redeeming value is that it's moving really fast. 

• Like 2