Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

14 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Only redeeming value is that it's moving really fast. 

49 minutes ago, dtel said:

I seen that a few minutes ago, after reading the discussion they think it will be a pretty good strength before it makes land.

But what they said there is uncertainy, which is what they and everyone does best with these things.  

All the best of luck to everyone ,  TN  was hit hard    stay safe , guys 

• Like 3

On 8/24/2021 at 10:33 PM, BigStewMan said:

Truth be told, I'd rather have a wife and be buying her stuff; but so life goes. 

wait till you get back to California , there is nothing like California Women -

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

ready for a nap now.

No time for a nap, were burning daylight. :lol:

Got the second beam upright and bolted down, now to work on all the beams between the two stands to support and screw down the plywood. 

Chains and straps to ths ceiling is so it can't fall on me when adding other parts. 

image (1).jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, RandyH said:

wait till you get back to California , there is nothing like California Women -

land of surgically enhanced women.

speaking of ... why do women get work done on their faces?  has their even been a face lift that turned out well?  I get the boob jobs and liposuction; but stay away from the face and PLEASE stop this puffy lip fad -- it's hideous. (before @DizRotus reads this, I am not getting these procedures, I meant I understand). 

sorry for the rant ... you can return to your regularly scheduled program. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

spacer.png

Know it's late to the tropical party but.... pulled a rubbermaid out of the shed the other day `cause it said cold clothes on the tape on top 

John ... I just opened two boxes of clothes that I had stored and I'm pulling out all kinds of cool shirts that I forgot that I had ... it's like Christmas in August. Tomorrow, I'll open up the last of the sealed boxes to see what cool stuff is inside of it. In the previous box, I found a Venice Beach Choppers t-shirt, a Fender t-shirt, a gray wool trench coat and a full length leather trench coat. 

Being a single man, I don't pay attention to the rules of fashion, moisturizers, or laundry so I wanted to freshen up these items so I put them in the washer. That leather trench coat came out weighing a ton!  I practically had to get a spotter to help me lift it out of the washing machine. Then I was confused at the full length gray coat because I thought it was hanging on the chair, so I checked and I have a waist length pea coat on the chair ... this one goes all the way to the ankle. They are very warm though. Not as warm as my Chinese army Yak jacket -- that thing goes below the knee and weights 10 pounds; but I've been walking in the snow and 19 degrees outside -- walked for over an hour and didn't get the slightest bit cold. 

• Like 4

since you cats are generally all hopped up on coffee, hopefully your brains are working better than mine. When I hover over my avatar, a box opens and it shows Post, Reputation, and Badges.   What they heck are badges?   Not that I want one; but I don't have any.  And it says I have to get so many points before I'm at the next level (Currently level 8/9), I wasn't aware that we were earning points ... does points in this regard mean posts?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

What they heck are badges?  

We don't need no stinkin badges. 

I have no idea, no one has any badges it seems.  I have no idea about any of it, I guess it was added with the latest change ?  The little rocket ships are kind of strange, looks like it going up Floyd's nose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Chains and straps to ths ceiling is so it can't fall on me when adding other parts. 

You plan on flying something in there we don't know about or gonna start pulling engines?  lol

1 hour ago, dtel said:

We don't need no stinkin badges. 

Me thinks @RandyH is starting another new thread if he finds out he can get badges for posting.  Gonna take this place to a new level!  :)  Each badge equals one loaf of bread for his toaster!  

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

You plan on flying something in there we don't know about or gonna start pulling engines?  lol

Me thinks @RandyH is starting another new thread if he finds out he can get badges for posting.  Gonna take this place to a new level!  :)  Each badge equals one loaf of bread for his toaster!  

Eldon is very crafty - real nice work -

I got plenty of  klipsch factory copper Heritage  and Industrial badges ,  even some NOS  ---plus  new custom klipsch copper  experimental badges  blending the Old and the New in 1 badge -- but none fit my toaster :wub:

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I hope not, I hate working on cars. Got an old I beam trolly and a chainfall I will redo.....but hope I never use them. 

Just going to be storage up there.

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

Eldon is very crafty - real nice work -

I call it cheap, I am good at that, the most expensive part will be the 5 sheets of plywood. I just like making things and always need something to do, I am not very good at doing nothing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, dtel said:

I am not very good at doing nothing.

Difference between you and me!  😂  Might change though w/this new pacer.  They've actually turned this into an routine surgery.  Might have to do a lil mowing today before all that left-over rain from NYC hits.  See you all are lockin down already.  Get that "lil shed" buttoned up and stay safe down there. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

See you all are lockin down already.  Get that "lil shed" buttoned up and stay safe down there. :)

Never did anything yet, the shed just needs the doors closed and it's done. But I will need to take down bird feeders and hummingbird feeders plus the 2 flags and 6 ferns. Then we may stay or leave, if it turns into a 3 we will probably leave. 

• Like 3

Mornin' all

Trying some different beans . Bought a bag of Bolivian beans. Had a name attached to it... wife tossed/put away the bag and can't remember exactly what the name is.... Appreciating the Mexican beans now. We like them more.

We've had a "guest" the passed couple nights. A baby tarantula. Tried to coax it out the night before last, but, it was buggered from the cats chasing it and was uncooperative. It ran [they are fast, when they want to be] and hid under the china hutch. Made n appearance last night. Came right up to us while we were watching tv. Put an empty tobacco can over it, slid a piece of cardboard under the can and took it outside. Really surprised the cats dinna git it while it was indoors. They're slipping.

We're looking at some tropical based rain early next week. A storm is headed up the Sea of Cortez/Gulf of California. Could be very wet or just cloudy, hot and humid... we'll see how it works out

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

We've had a "guest" the passed couple nights. A baby tarantula. Tried to coax it out the night before last, but, it was buggered from the cats chasing it and was uncooperative. It ran [they are fast, when they want to be] and hid under the china hutch. Made n appearance last night. Came right up to us while we were watching tv. Put an empty tobacco can over it, slid a piece of cardboard under the can and took it outside. Really surprised the cats dinna git it while it was indoors. They're slipping.

Just no, instead of a can I would have put something large and heavy on it in a hurry, that is if it lived through all the chemicials I would regularly be pumping everywhere. OK who am I kidding, I wouldn't live where they have those things in the first place. nope 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2