Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Now that Merino Wool... it's my socks and underwear year round the past couple of years

Are you nuts?  Free ball brother free ball!!!   😂

That hurricane coming in is gonna be a 4 and Katrina was only a 3?  Ohio is nice this time of year  :)  Bring your A game.  :)

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Are you nuts?  Free ball brother free ball!!!   😂

That hurricane coming in is gonna be a 4 and Katrina was only a 3?  Ohio is nice this time of year  :)  Bring your A game.  :)

Used to, but this is close enough to that now a days. & they aren't suffocated either 

sbe.png

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

@dtel you guys be safe.

Will try, so I guess the wearing a bathing suit and watching from the roof is out of the question ? Like Ron White says, " it's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing. "

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Yeah and bring those Humming birds in.

I'm old and they are way to fast, they are on there own.

59 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I don't remember what katrina was, but we had 140 mph winds here, we were right on the edge of the eye. They have now changed the warning for this area from Hurricane to tropical storm warning. Hope they are right, must be a skinny storm?

Just to check just for research purposes I will go out to the tiki bar tomorrow night and watch what heppens, might have to numb myself a little in case I get hit with something, just to be cautious. Hope the electricity stays on so I can play the radio. 

59 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Bring your A game.  :)

It's been long gone, it's been replaced with the whatever, I don't care game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Will try, so I guess the wearing a bathing suit and watching from the roof is out of the question ? Like Ron White says, " it's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing. "

I'm old and they are way to fast, they are on there own.

I don't remember what katrina was, but we had 140 mph winds here, we were right on the edge of the eye. They have now changed the warning for this area from Hurricane to tropical storm warning. Hope they are right, must be a skinny storm?

Just to check just for research purposes I will go out to the tiki bar tomorrow night and watch what heppens, might have to numb myself a little in case I get hit with something, just to be cautious. Hope the electricity stays on so I can play the radio. 

It's been long gone, it's been replaced with the whatever, I don't care game.

When the hurricane before Rita came through my oldest daughter and I drank Hurricanes.   I know its cliché but thats what she wanted.  I don't recall how many we had.  Don't recall the hurricane either.  Lol.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

When the hurricane before Rita came through my oldest daughter and I drank Hurricanes.   I know its cliché but thats what she wanted.  I don't recall how many we had.  Don't recall the hurricane either.  Lol.

Those drinks can be deceiving, they don't taste that strong but feel like it in the end.

• Like 1

Be safe all of you in harm's way. Still don't know how/why you folks do this ... annually or a couple times a year for that matter. I guess I was spoiled growing up in Los Angeles ... all we had to do was worry if we forgot our sunglasses at home and that could make the afternoon drive pretty sketchy.  Maybe an Earthquake every 10 - 20 years, some SMOG, gangs, ridiculously overpriced homes; but NO hurricanes or tornados. 

It must be really nice there the rest of the year for you faithful to stick it out there. 

Stay well and be careful. 

• Like 3

Might be a good time to have a yard sale. We had forest fires in the east about 5 or six years ago, North Georga, North Carolina and Eastern Tennesee. The fire never got close to my house but the smoke was so bad I was getting ready to leave. It was like a dense fog. Fortunately the winds shifted over night and brought fresh air in from the gulf.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, dtel said:

If they get mean I will find a recipe, never tried it but might ? 

The best time to cook one up is when they first arrive back in the springtime where they have been eating corn in Mexico all winter. They use the trade winds and don't work hard enough to toughen them up on the way back north. They are no good to eat after they have been here all summer digging and eating mud. I'm old, but a few hunters, trappers and fishermen showed me this when they were old, a long time ago.

• Like 3