Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

58 minutes ago, babadono said:

Yowzer.....talk about ginger....makes a interesting drink mixed with gin. Yummmm

This is the cocktail thread, right?

Gin works! Up for a Moscow Mule? Dark & Stormy? I prefer the Mule. 

A Moscow mule is a cocktail made with vodka, spicy ginger beer, and lime juice, garnished with a slice or wedge of lime. It is a type of buck, therefore sometimes called a vodka buck. 

A Dark ’n’ Stormy is a highball cocktail made with dark rum and ginger beer served over ice and garnished with a slice of lime. Lime juice and simple syrup are also frequently added. The original Dark 'n' Stormy was made with Gosling Black Seal rum and Barritt's Ginger Beer. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Subway said:

A Moscow mule is a cocktail made with vodka, spicy ginger beer, and lime juice, garnished with a slice or wedge of lime. It is a type of buck, therefore sometimes called a vodka buck. 

A Dark ’n’ Stormy is a highball cocktail made with dark rum and ginger beer served over ice and garnished with a slice of lime. Lime juice and simple syrup are also frequently added. The original Dark 'n' Stormy was made with Gosling Black Seal rum and Barritt's Ginger Beer. 

YEAH  tastes great ...

1900673884_moscaumule.thumb.jpg.2976f0f74641096abc551fd0feda97aa.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Subway said:

Thanks, I was not aware of this....so basically I made and enjoyed a variation of a Moscow Mule,   who knew.

You would have to use a LOT of lime to detect it in this stuff.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

Do bald heads also have a lucky streak ?

27 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Absolutely 

Don’t buy into the narrative Micro, it’s fake news. If it were true me and Tarheel would have already shaved our luxuriously thick, flowing, envious locks.

Carl would gladly trade his luck for our heads of hair - 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, richieb said:

Don’t buy into the narrative Micro, it’s fake news. If it were true me and Tarheel would have already shaved our luxuriously thick, flowing, envious locks.

Carl would gladly trade his luck for our heads of hair - 

As long as I didn't have to take the face that went with the hair. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Edgar said:

"Plop, plop, fizz, fizz" was Alka-Seltzer. 

My mistake.  Thanks for the correction.  In any case, the idea was to double the recommended dosage, strictly to make more money.  Just like the shampoo rinse-and-repeat recommendation, but nearly everyone ignores that one.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dtel said:

I have a bunch of these, some store years ago wanted to get rid of them and almost gave them away. I opened one and never finished it in years. It may be very similar to what your talking about, it is black and thick as tar, it can hardly be spread on it is so thick, but it stays in place and seems to work.  

G1982_01_800x800.jpg

great product ,-👍

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Islander said:

In any case, the idea was to double the recommended dosage, strictly to make more money.  

If you only use one of the two tablets in the foil pack, then the other absorbs humidity from the air and becomes useless. I've tried!

• Like 3

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Islander said:
3 hours ago, Edgar said:

If you only use one of the two tablets in the foil pack, then the other absorbs humidity from the air and becomes useless. I've tried!

Tricksters, they are!

Well you could always go the beach and throw them to the seagulls. Never tried it but they say after they eat one they will pop. :o 

I wish it would work on squirrels. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A little change of subjects and maybe a tiny bit of whining.

I'm listening to less and less music yet I have two complete systems and some pieces of gear weren't cheap.  If I had more energy I would box it all up and sell it for pennies on the dollar.....but there is that energy thing.

On top of that I find myself playing the same media choices because it makes my gear sound better.  I think I like gear or the promise of gear better than I like music.  Gear head? 

Ever experience that?

Will the next generation systems be able to multitask?  Like mix a drink or make toast or maybe give you a hair cut while playing in a godda davita?

Hope so..........

Till then I'll play Cristofori's Dream by David Lanz for the foreseeable future.  At least it sound good.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

A little change of subjects and maybe a tiny bit of whining.

I'm listening to less and less music yet I have two complete systems and some pieces of gear weren't cheap.  If I had more energy I would box it all up and sell it for pennies on the dollar.....but there is that energy thing.

On top of that I find myself playing the same media choices because it makes my gear sound better.  I think I like gear or the promise of gear better than I like music.  Gear head? 

Ever experience that?

Will the next generation systems be able to multitask?  Like mix a drink or make toast or maybe give you a hair cut while playing in a godda davita?

Hope so..........

Till then I'll play Cristofori's Dream by David Lanz for the foreseeable future.  At least it sound good.

It's all part of the cosmic unconsciousness.

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I think I like gear or the promise of gear better than I like music.  Gear head? 

Ever experience that?

No, I do like new things but it's all about the music. Make a drink and listen to some new music until you find something interesting ?

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Will the next generation systems be able to multitask?

I'd be happy if they can single task, seems many need a hand holding for most things.

• Like 3