Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Hmmmmm

my remote control on the doghouse system has developed an intermittent problem. I did do some KISS troubleshooting. Replace batts. Power everything down/hard shutdown. ..unplugged... I powered things down last night. Lightning was popping. Closed the window. When I powered things back up... the receiver remote didn't work very good or at all.

Oh darn... I will have to get a "new" receiver.  The display is almost visible on the receiver, too. I don't think/know if it's worth repairing. It's an older Sony 5.1. 110W/ch

Guess I will be doing some shopping. Don't need a showcase piece... just something that works enough to push these RP600s. Appearance isn't critical.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Oh darn... I will have to get a "new" receiver. 

Take the top off, there are usually a couple fuses inside, it's free to check.

If not many people bought from this place refurbished but in some casses a longer warranty.

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/avreceiver/home-audio/receivers-amps/home-theater-receivers/1.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about your friend, Elden and Christy. JEESH attacked and killed by an alligator! I'll stick with my tarantulas thank you very much.

Labor Day weekend and boy did I ever. Not much to show for it, there only so much one can do when its 105 degrees.

Yea but its a dry heat hahaha:)

• Haha 3

• Moderators
15 hours ago, RandyH said:

Right , the Alligator sees legs  in the water , that's  food  right there , he's gonna attack  for sure , you're in his hunting zone 

They usually hunt above the water, then go under and slowly swim up underwater to right where they want to attack, or they just swim right up on top and go after whatever they want.

10 hours ago, babadono said:

Sorry to hear about your friend, Elden and Christy. JEESH attacked and killed by an alligator! I'll stick with my tarantulas thank you very much.

I would rather see a alligator than a spider, a spider has to do nothing and I may have heart failure.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Chores today... every day.... Gets real bad when I shirk my duties and take a day off.

thinking about making lasagna for dinner. Need to see what is available to toss in it. This is one dish I make vegetarian. Summer squash, mushrooms, onions, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli and about any veg that ends in an "I", lots of cheese/s.

i'll get a 9 X 9in and a 13 X 9in pans.. I can't make a small batch. The filling always seems to make a gallon.

Then I get to do my Garfield impression.... for breakfast, lunch and dinner fr a few days.....and enjoying it the whole time

• Like 2

15 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Hmmmmm

my remote control on the doghouse system has developed an intermittent problem. I did do some KISS troubleshooting. Replace batts. Power everything down/hard shutdown. ..unplugged... I powered things down last night. Lightning was popping. Closed the window. When I powered things back up... the receiver remote didn't work very good or at all.

Oh darn... I will have to get a "new" receiver.  The display is almost visible on the receiver, too. I don't think/know if it's worth repairing. It's an older Sony 5.1. 110W/ch

Guess I will be doing some shopping. Don't need a showcase piece... just something that works enough to push these RP600s. Appearance isn't critical.

I’m in a similar position with an older Onkyo.  I’ll probably get something from https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/brand_category/DENON/1.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3ITv0pbt8gIVz2tvBB1pwwKBEAAYASAAEgLJV_D_BwE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dtel said:

Take the top off, there are usually a couple fuses inside, it's free to check.

and they put a "No user serviceable part" on the box.... typical.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the remote and not the amp.The display issue is and has been coming on for a while. Makes it tough to set up.

• Like 1

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, babadono said:

Veg lasagna..sounds really good. I dislike turning on the oven this time of year..its too dang hot.

Make a solar powered oven on your patio, almost any black closed in box might work. :lol:'

When I smoke in the summer i only need to raise the temp about 125 degrees and much less if I move it into the sun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Make a solar powered oven on your patio, almost any black closed in box might work. :lol:'

When I smoke in the summer i only need to raise the temp about 125 degrees and much less if I move it into the sun.

funny you should say that.

I have considered using my Weber w/o charcoal. I bet I could smoke things in it ... if I can get the smoke into it w/o raising the temp...

• Like 1

I called the cardiologist, to make an appt -yearly follow up. Can't get in. He has taken ill, and may not be returning....

Sad when the patient is healthier than the Dr. I haven't had any symptoms to cause me to see a Dr.... so, I saved myself a 2hr [one way] trip.

While I was in a telephone mood, I decided to call the stereo hospital in Tucson. about a reconditioned amp... he went  and retired... Strike two.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, dtel said:

They usually hunt above the water, then go under and slowly swim up underwater to right where they want to attack, or they just swim right up on top and go after whatever they want.

just so that you know ,  your buddy may have fainted  from the severe pain , and he lapsed in shock , due to the serious injuries --   Godspeed 

• Like 1