Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
3 hours ago, RandyH said:

just so that you know ,  your buddy may have fainted  from the severe pain , and he lapsed in shock , due to the serious injuries --   Godspeed 

I would think that's what happened, and loss of blood, he probably lost consiciousness before the alligator came back.

I would imgine his wife is some messed up. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Mornin; all

Yeah, I heated up the kitchen. I have lasagna to last a couple days. maybe. I made a pig of myself last night

thus is the nature of intermittents .... The doghouse avr remote is working.

thinking back on the whole tjing

it started after I did the hard shut down and has gone away after leaving things in standby instead of unplugged.

Doesn't change the fact I am shopping for a replacement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Mornin; all

Yeah, I heated up the kitchen. I have lasagna to last a couple days. maybe. I made a pig of myself last night

thus is the nature of intermittents .... The doghouse avr remote is working.

thinking back on the whole tjing

it started after I did the hard shut down and has gone away after leaving things in standby instead of unplugged.

Doesn't change the fact I am shopping for a replacement.

more likely the unit got transients and, protection circuits and polyswitches, thermistors kicked in, so once all settled , the unit is working correctly -Sony is Top Quality 

With you this week Willie, it's the receiver going bonkers. Lasagna huh? I'm a big fan if it's got meat in it!

With me for six months it's been my phone. It wasn't a year old when the connector on it for the charging wire failed and I couldn't charge it anymore. So I got them to send me another and it's a refurb *&%$.  I still had to pay off the original. At least I could recharge it but it's had intermittent issues of it's own. Put the RC version of android 12 on it today and it let me send MB pictures with texts again. That was my latest affliction the last couple of weeks!

It was a Screamin'-Sicilian Supreme out of the freezer tonight for me! Pretty good taste and a better than that crust.

Without a good crust I just won't mess with it!

PXL-20210909-010100481.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Except it sounds like shit.

yeah sure ,  SONY 's famous  High end amplifiers , and pre-amplifiers from the 70-80's and SONY ES series  , plus Their top of the Line SONY XA  series CD/SACD players   worth  several thousands of $  each sound like s...t ...,and wait ,   current award winning  Hi-Res Audio player and Class A Amplifier from SONY sound like s..t  ,

LOL 

http://www.sonypremiumhome.com/high-resolution-audio/HAP-Z1ES.php

http://www.sonypremiumhome.com/high-resolution-audio/TA-A1ES.php

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Get me started on the YAMAHAs from the 70s - early 90s.

Then their specs falling off the charts just years later.

I researched and I found a semi-respectable unit that won't do the same decibels, but might be better with the timbre of the music and sound quality... all crated up two hundred miles away right now😢

• Like 3

Pacer check up today and I'm back to abby-normal.  I got the boot for a year and a half. 

Got home and got a call to slip an hour away to go to an Albert Cummings show tomorrow night.  Cooling down a bit in the evenings now so might have to bundle up a bit.  Guy said he had a "pod" next to the stage.  Why am I having visuals of a St Bernard's outside igloo dog house?  Six heads vying for time peeking out the door of it?  He also told me to bring a lawn chair if I wanted to. Could be a nanu nanu moment.

Nanu Mork GIF - Nanu Mork Robin Williams GIFs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RandyH said:

yeah sure ,  SONY 's famous  High end amplifiers , and pre-amplifiers from the 70-80's and SONY ES series  , plus Their top of the Line SONY XA  series CD/SACD players   worth  several thousands of $  each sound like s...t ...,and wait ,   current award winning  Hi-Res Audio player and Class A Amplifier from SONY sound like s..t  ,

LOL 

http://www.sonypremiumhome.com/high-resolution-audio/HAP-Z1ES.php

http://www.sonypremiumhome.com/high-resolution-audio/TA-A1ES.php

Dude.  I don't think we were talking about the ES series.  Nor Class A.

"All wet, hey, you might need a raincoat
Shakedown, dreams walking in broad daylight"

"Three hundred sixty five degrees
Burning down the house"

• Haha 3

That old Yah looks my old RX1100. The tuners that came with them were the best I've ever had...before and afterwards too. Record Out is a cool feature, you could listen to something else while recording what you chose to record. It would need servicing though.

S-N Ratio ++++++

THD ----

Channel separation ++++

Crosstalk ---

Mine could double as a heater when it was cool and we had to open up to let the thc clouds out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting evening.  My "Pod" turned out to be an 10' circle on the blacktop in a parking lot next to the Marathon Oil Company's Civic Center in Findlay, Oh.  Pod cost was $100 so it was actually $15 each.  About 15 "Pods" total were put down for those worried about Covid.  The rest of the crowd paid $13 each to stand behind the bicycle fence behind us for 2 hours while we sat in our lawn chairs.  Total attending?  Like 200 people total.  Albert put on a great show and I had the opportunity to chat w/him a bit after.  Great guy!  Taught some of the farmers just a bit about the blues.  Summer concert series finale for the town.   45 minutes away so that worked too! 

IMG-20210909-194506.jpg

• Like 5

No new receiver, yet....

I may be getting another laptop ... for $10. My wife calls me frugal -- I say "cheap". I'll have to take a drive to Yuma for it. A reconditioned unit from a friend. I don't care about old/new... I don't use my "computer" for much more than communications device, photo processing and streaming music.

It will a nice time, to visit friends. Make big smoke, tell bigger stories  and have some laughs. That will happen mid Oct, when they get back from the PNW...

Still thinking I'll be able to get a receiver local. From a shop in Tucson. The stereo hospital referred old clients to a "new" guy... I assume he has some older stuff left behind...

• Like 2