Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Believe that all us Curmudgeons do!!

It was the ordinary folks that needed another paycheck before the paint that drove them a couple of weeks before getting that shine on them. Or the one guy with that Roadrunner that never got it painted.. the first matte finished car I saw was not a wrap on a truck, it was primered and done!

• Like 3

My faves are the early 70s for the trucks. Imagine doing the body that matte rusty red color with a glaze that was a semi-gloss at most. Then the backside of the tailgate (and the front grille) in black? I'd have to have a computer program to see if that would sink or swim though.

The opposite of those old factory hot-rod Mopars with the matte black backside and racing stripes.

• Like 3

Just bought another chain saw like I need one at my age.  Home Depot had the 60V 18" bar cordless saw for $90 off with battery and charger.  Took down and cut up a dead Dogwood tree next to the house this morning.  Good torque and no pull cord nor gasoline to bother with.

Now I'm tired.........

• Like 4

I've been dancing with the weedeater. About done for the day.

ate a handful of Jujubes... not candy - the fruit, from a tree. Also called Chinese Date. They resemble a date. Sorta taste like one, if you turn the sweet to 1/10 of a date. Not something I would seek out at the grocery ... but, since we have a stand or trees, I eat them. They are coming ripe. They're good as a seasonal "treat". If we could get them year long, they lose a lot of appeal.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Just bought another chain saw like I need one at my age.  Home Depot had the 60V 18" bar cordless saw for $90 off with battery and charger.  Took down and cut up a dead Dogwood tree next to the house this morning.  Good torque and no pull cord nor gasoline to bother with.

Now I'm tired.........

Still has chain oil though? correct?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dtel said:

Well go plug-in and recharge, you will be better in no time. 

Leaving in a little while, so until next week be good.  

have a good time in HOPE  - it's roughly what  450 miles away  , 6 hours  ?

19 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Now I'm tired.........

Griffon_124-1294.jpg?quality=90&strip=al

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Change of seasons does seem refreshing almost every time to me.

Now what's not so much fun is waking up in the middle of the night feeling like you're rested and ready to go. Go where, do what.. it's all wet outside, wave my hand over the phone it says 3:30 am:blink:.

Lay there and stared at the ceiling fan slowly turning than I can actually hear the revolutions very softly...:huh2: it's got mileage on it or it's been hit before. Got up at 4 and now I'm starting my caffeine soak that should last a leisurely hour.

Dang the game is 12 hours away, already toasted a bagel I'll hold off on my supplements until at least daylight.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yea-man enjoying my coffee, and responding to folks that are usually in bed when I'm awake! Still got two more discs that are expected any day now. Pulled my chair out from the table to where the speakers are aimed at the middle of the room yesterday and for a while just sat there and smiled with that Crimson Projekct! Not ready yet but I do have RadioGarden up and on low in msft edge right now... that browser sounds better than chromium by a wide margin.

• Like 3