Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

I tried something different, last night I ordered a gallon of rust oleum paint and a gallon of mineral spirits plus a few 4" paint rollers from home depot.

Our local store is 15 miles away, one way, but for $8.99 they would deliver to the house which they did at 8am this morning. It saved a 30 mile drive and probably over an hour, not sure how they make much off of this service. There is a $45 minimum but was very handy, we would have spent half or more of the charge in just gas.

• Like 4

On 9/20/2021 at 3:02 PM, dtel said:

Good to hear from you, super busy is the way it goes, but family first, good man.

Thanks

On 9/20/2021 at 3:19 PM, grasshopper said:

good to hear from ya.

We were getting worried. Didn't move to LA?

No, we still talk, it's up in the air.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:27 PM, CECAA850 said:

Hey Bill!

On 9/20/2021 at 3:49 PM, babadono said:

All rumors of your demise are greatly exaggerated?:)

You know how rumors work.

Good album!

On 9/20/2021 at 7:37 PM, RandyH said:

thought you were in California --printing money :D  

I'm glad I didn't go when I was scheduled...the whole world changed about that time.

• Like 6

On 9/21/2021 at 4:56 AM, Tarheel said:

I think it would be fun to read what systems folks would cobble together at different price points.....say 25k, 50k, 100k. 

Anyone want to play?

honestly, at this point, I'd probably buy based on what looks the coolest. My hearing ain't so hot .... you know that when the doctor is looking at the test results and looks up at you and says, "oh, I'm sorry."  Soon, I won't be able to "hear" the difference amongst the various price points. Cool lighting ... that's where the true pleasure can be found. P.S. I'm a fan of blue and green lights. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

Your a mess BSM.

I'm here for you to look at and say "you know, my life ain't all that bad."

actually, despite everything (and there's been a bunch of it) in my life, I feel extremely blessed. Besides, as a Christian, I don't believe this world is all there is going to be, so I'm sure I'll fair better in the next one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm here for you to look at and say "you know, my life ain't all that bad."

actually, despite everything (and there's been a bunch of it) in my life, I feel extremely blessed. Besides, as a Christian, I don't believe this world is all there is going to be, so I'm sure I'll fair better in the next one. 

I have thought many times over the years I was odd, but being here it might not be as bad as I thought, or we are just all odd, either way it's good.

And yes I know I a blessed in many ways and yes there is more than this life.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RandyH said:

Steve --California  ,home sweet home ,all the Best -hopefully , this is very soon -

yes, it is home.  despite all the horrible crap, I still see Los Angeles on television and get homesick. 

I don't have any family left in Oakland ... well, I probably do; but distant ones that weren't a part of my regular life. 

My brother and I live together; but the rest of the siblings are all hundreds of miles apart and some in a different state. I haven't seen any of them in a couple of years. My family is a bit strange ... we all love each other; but all grew up and went our separate ways and never looked back. I have kept in contact with my brother; but for YEARS we weren't in contact either -- he was doing his thing and I was doing mine. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Shiva said:

looks like part of one of those "whisper chambers"

----------------------------------

Good mornin' all

a bit damp this AM. Almost enough rain to get wet ... almost.

Boy went off to VA to visit his LF and her folks. In the DC area. Asked him if he packed some dress clothes. Can't wear cowboy boots and blue jeans everywhere. Told him I got looks for wearing bib overalls....before I let my hair and beard grow.

Tossing about the idea of going to Tucson to do some shopping ... er... bring back an amp/receiver. The shop [that got a referral from the guy that closed] has vintage gear for sale... I didn't say "on sale". See what he has in my price range. i don't expect much.

I'd like to check the white elephant on my way there. Ya never know. That adcom amp/preamp on CL kinda appeals to me.

• Like 5