Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

9 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Power Ball at 523 million.  I have 4 tickets so I should win🤔

I hope your numbers come up.  if they do, are you going to be bold and tell them "double or nothing next week?"  Now, THAT would make you a gambler.  I bought tickets last week for the first time in a couple of years.  Matched enough to get a free ticket; but a free ticket isn't tempting enough to warrant another trip to the store and the hassle of cashing it in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Got up at 6:15 and had coffee and a bowl of cheese grits.  Washed the bubble and refreshed the ceramic coating (2 stage process)..  Use Modesta products.  All done by 8:30.

LF off to play tennis.  Swanky sleeping.  Nice early fall temps.

Power Ball at 523 million.  I have 4 tickets so I should win🤔

It all sounds good except the 6:15 part, I would go to the bathroom and go back to sleep. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 9/23/2021 at 11:09 AM, geezin' said:

Partly sunny mid 60s and 51° dewpoint. What a relief. Gonna jump on the Harley and run some errands. Yeah that's it.

Have a go fast bike and a BMW sitting in the basement and haven't been able to ride. Weather is perfect but the work on my speakers and painting has gotten in my way. Today my wife asked me- if you had to choose between the motorcycles and the stereo system what would go? I was thinking silently, my wife.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Yes, it is a nice fall day.

fresh Mexican coffee... picked a few tomatoes... 5 or 10lb and a 5gal bucket of jujubes.

-----------------------

that was yesterday

today... it is thunder and lightning. Some rain to go with it. Not copious amounts, but, I won't have to water the garden for a couple of day... especially if we get the rain that is predicted.  We have chances [higher than zero] the next few days. Give me a chance to think about putting some of the tomatoes up. They are coming fast. Hardly any thru the summer and then everything comes ripe at one time. I have some Kiwano melons getting close, too. Even if you don't eat them, they make a good conversation piece. Little orange footballs with large fleshy spikes... Something from StarWars

• Like 4

I've got some bacon and lettuce, good bread too... too bad those fresh tomatos got used up here before I made the bacon this am.

But as long as I've got the coffee I'm good. It was 6:09 for me today, I hit the snooze once but made the pit stop before it went off again. My phone has the first few stanzas of Floyd's "Time" for that alarm. It is almost as good as one of those "Big Ben" manual alarm clocks with the metal chimes on top.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

The wife had this pop up on her facebook thing and laughed. It was when I was a senior, we walked out to protest not being able to have long hair, they gave in.

It's funny to see this after all these years expecially since my hair is now shorter than it's ever been.   

house.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I got kicked off the freshman track team because my hair touched my collar and ears.... I remember those days well.

was more like I quit the track team because they wanted me to cut my hair. Being a knothead, I refused

----------------------------

We're getting fall like weather. I see a low in the sub 50's this week and a couple days below 80`. Brrrr

------------------------------

I am thinking my livingroom cancels bass. Gonna bring the RP600's in to see. I noticed that the R15Ms sound fuller when I moved them to the doghouse... using the same [Sony] amp that was in the house.  I know the wood floor and walls are somewhat reflective, and the rock work around the fireplace, too... but, the doghouse has concrete floor, paneled walls. The doghouse is nearly square [approx 12 X 12] and has a 7ft ceiling. The little speakers sound a lot mote "punchy" in there. Trying to figure it out ....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

The wife had this pop up on her facebook thing and laughed. It was when I was a senior, we walked out to protest not being able to have long hair, they gave in.

It's funny to see this after all these years expecially since my hair is now shorter than it's ever been.   

house.jpg

Always knew dtel was a rebel rouser! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, dtel said:

house.jpg

Friggin hippies!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/25/2021 at 10:42 PM, RickD said:

Have a go fast bike and a BMW sitting in the basement and haven't been able to ride. Weather is perfect but the work on my speakers and painting has gotten in my way. Today my wife asked me- if you had to choose between the motorcycles and the stereo system what would go? I was thinking silently, my wife.

My go fast bike IS a BMW. My go slow bike is made in the USA.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

...if I hadn't given up riding, I doubt I would be here to tell the stories. Left to myself, I do OK... it's the random stuff that gets me. Like a jackrabbit running under the rear wheel or a butterfly splattering on your faceshield and blowing up under it, to make a smear on yer face... The waitress, "Bill, you have some mustard on your face"... "Errr, no, it isn't"

• Haha 3

Rather get splattered than have a coronary sitting on the couch. Not to say I take unnecessary risks but a safe (i.e. boring) life is one I have no interest in. Raced open class MX for decades and held 14 landpseed records along with a few other disciplines. Been clocked at a certified 178MPH........on a Harley. Well that's what he gas tank said. Adrenaline junky I guess. Nothing like a close call to wake up the senses. :D 

• Like 3

& I thought big raindrops hurt at even a slowed down 60mph :blink:

You two had a guardian angel those days!

Could not imagine anything as big as even a small bird. Big fat bumblebees at 45 could smart and they could sting at the same time, found out once.

• Like 2

June bugs are lots of fun... so are "cyclone gnats"... huge swarms at 2ft to 4ft above the ground. They WILL get in/under your helmet and into your eyes, ears and nose...

---------------------------------------

having a lazy day. Ran the vacuum and did a load of laundry. Made a loaf of bread. Hard to make tomato and cheese sandwiches w/o bread. I improvised and made tomato burritos. Melt cheddar on a tortilla and roll diced fresh tomato into it. We're out of tortillas now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Wasp  in my helmet was fun. Tagged me 5 times.  Pulled over and fell over in shock. Trooper saw me about 15 minutes later laying by the roadside. Asked if I needed an ambulance. He told me he was going to circle back in 15 and I wasn't gone I was going to the hospital.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3