Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

From below the cape up to St Augustine and back with my baby behind me on a cool upper 80s afternoon and evening winter ride. US1 and A1A swapped back and forth a few times. No thunderstorms to hide out from, just a less than 30 bike group raising $, having fun and good food at several stops along the way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

Why doesn't anyone tell the story of a glorious late summer evening ride through the mountains with a nice companion? It's always some catastrophe. WTF is wrong with you guys?

Too many of those stories to tell. I live in the foothills of the appalachins and the appalachins is where 99%  of my riding takes place. Fall colors are about to appear on the winding roads. Waterfalls, perfect pavement banked curves - where do I start?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JohnJ said:

& I thought big raindrops hurt at even a slowed down 60mph :blink:

You two had a guardian angel those days!

Could not imagine anything as big as even a small bird. Big fat bumblebees at 45 could smart and they could sting at the same time, found out once.

I had a beetle hit my kneecap going about 70 once, at least that's what I thought it was by looking at what was left on my pants.  Felt like a rock.  Anyone ever ridden in love bugs?  Feels like rain and stinks like hell once you stop.  Takes forever to get them off the bike and if you dont do it quickly the acid will etch the paint and the chrome.

• Sad 2

Had to thoroughly clean the bike a couple of times because of those things. Worse is that in FL they were so thick I had to pull over because I could not breath anything except for them when I was moving. Always had denim on, more than not with at least a t-shirt but it's was my face that usually got hit by the stuff that was "in the wind" like Ron White says!

Another day more fun here with life on the highway. Deputies are searching the premises next door, guns drawn as they approached taking textbook precautions. Got to have some kind of rush going on when there isn't any good Tiger news going on around here at all this season.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Had to thoroughly clean the bike a couple of times because of those things. Worse is that in FL they were so thick I had to pull over because I could not breath anything except for them when I was moving. Always had denim on, more than not with at least a t-shirt but it's was my face that usually got hit by the stuff that was "in the wind" like Ron White says!

Another day more fun here with life on the highway. Deputies are searching the premises next door, guns drawn as they approached taking textbook precautions. Got to have some kind of rush going on when there isn't any good Tiger news going on around here at all this season.

Feels like you're riding in the rain when you go through them.

• Like 1

Ha, I'm a survivor!  Out to Phoenix and back home in one piece!  Talk about a great time w/my youngest?  A TOTAL hoot to say the least!  Her favorite "wrap" place was pretty stinking incredible.  Fantastic is an under-statement.  Drive-thru with someone physically taking your order in the line.  Hand them a card and a quick pickup at the window and poof you're gone.  Yesterday morning I asked her if she wanted some ketchup for her burrito.  She said, "Dad, that's salsa not ketchup!"  Dunked it and it was even better.  Yea, we were both laffin hard then.  Damn you and your ketchup thoughts @BigStewMan 😂

The Eagles show at Talking Stick, Suns Arena or whatever it's called this week?  New venue and done the right way for once!  Walk in the front door and there is one HUGE bar with 14 bartenders staffing it.  That, in itself, was amaze balls!  $14.21 sucked for a large Bud Light though!  Merch concessions were run by the venue and tastefully done with prime locations throughout.  All card only sales.  Same at the bar. Quick and done.  Barkin for beers and t shirt crowds are gone I guess.  hahaha  Sad!  That used to be fun!  :)

IMG-20210925-215450608.jpg

I opted for the cheaper floor seats just for a change up so I could sit back and take it all in.  Night 2 there so everything was totally dialed in from the previous night.  Sound was fantastic!  The guys?  Didn't miss a thing.  Joe took 'em all down to the river for a baptism imo.  He bent those strings like never before.  Killer!  Mairssa (my youngest) did the vid work on her phone.  She actually laffed at the dude who told her it was her 3rd and FINAL warning.  hahaha  Chip off the old block cause he never came back.  :)

Set list?  You tell me...  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/eagles/2021/footprint-center-phoenix-az-38dadcf.html

The addition of a symphony and choir for the Hotel Cali album set was also a beautiful twist and it's why I snagged this show.  They're out and killin it!  There were only 10 or 11 stops w/the choir/symphony.  The rest are w/o that touch.

My thoughts?  You already know...  Grab someone, snag the tickets and head to the river.  Joe and the boys will be there waiting.  Money?  Pffffft it's only money.  Now get on the phone, grab Momma and get there or be square.  Worth every penny!  :)

Yes, covid cards or a negative test w/in 24 hours of the show time IS enforced upon entry as well as masks are asked to be worn during the show.  I did see a few masked peeps inside but not many.  

"They will never forget you ''til somebody new comes along..."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

so... you didn't have a good time? lol

and you didn't get down here... so you could fall out of the chair [like another guest did]. That was pretty funny. The look his wife gave was priceless. I suggested we get some fresh air - take a little cruise. Told him to leave his 4 X 4 here. Wouldn't want him to break something .. and then piled them into my Oldsmobile for a drive down dirt road.

• Haha 3

Had a great time but was soooo losted wondering which way you were from me.  I mean I knew but w/the way the youngest drives?  Seriously?  There weren't enough seat belts in that car for me.  People are NUTS out there on the road.  She just dusted them all off in fine fashion like they didn't even exist.  hahaha  I'll be down there next time I head out.  She'll get tired of me hanging around eventually.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had a cup of coffee today so that should renew my permission to post in this thread. It was dunkin decaf (I no longer consume ANY caffeine) and I girlied it up by putting some French vanilla creamer and sweet & low in it.  I normally get Hazelnut Creme; but I'm OCD and had issues with ALL of the hazelnut offerings at the store. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I had a cup of coffee today so that should renew my permission to post in this thread. It was dunkin decaf (I no longer consume ANY caffeine) and I girlied it up by putting some French vanilla creamer and sweet & low in it.  I normally get Hazelnut Creme; but I'm OCD and had issues with ALL of the hazelnut offerings at the store. 

Sounds good Steve ..pitty that we can´t drink it together ....

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Shiva said:

A thing some are building on the speaker/sub diy section over at AVS, is called the HoverBoss.  It is built beneath ones couch or chair.  Anyone here want one?

There was a ride at Disney like that when I was little!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

There was a ride at Disney like that when I was little!

And beds in Las Vegas, they would take quarters. 

46 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Anyone here want one?

Reminds me of bass shakers from years ago. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I do the same but with caffeine, but no sweet & low, truvia instead, taste better and not as bad for you. It's either Hazlenut of french vanilla for me, sugar free for either. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

I do the same but with caffeine,

historically, I've been a huge caffeine guy ... I used to drink diet cokes all day long at work. But, when I developed PVCs, the cardiologist said that caffeine can sometimes bring them on ... so I gave up caffeine. That thumping feeling in my chest gets real annoying, so anything I can do to make it stop!   I don't know if caffeine has a taste of its own; but I don't notice a taste difference between regular and decaf.  Plus, I never got wired from caffeine anyway, I could drink coffee or soda late in the evening and it didn't affect my sleep at all. 

• Like 2