Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

it's not worth it in most cases.  With Avion, I bought there $150 a bottle stuff and didn't like it near as much as their $60 offering -- even their $49 bottle is better than the Avion 44.

The most expensive bottle I've had was a $120 plus bottle of DJ but I preferred the Reposado. I can get that in Mexico for around $23. Have a relative who works directly for the owner of Patron. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

@RickD deer were never around there I chose that stretch as the best around only at the time I was headed to work.

I live at a lake, when I first moved  here hunters were allowed to shoot them. Over time many more houses were built and the deer are over populated. Have to be careful driving a car.

One of our dogs chased an older doe down and knock it over. He was sure proud of himself.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

there wasn't a whole lot of Harley-Davidson left on that motorcycle when we were done with it.

the Confederate Motorcycle with the Biggest S&S Motor  may be very fast , but I dont think it can reach 178mph , that would have to be one hell of a modified HD  motor to reach such a speed -

Top ten most expensive production motorcycles of 2020 | Visordown

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, RickD said:

Those straight pipes are actually rockets.

I just read that HD makes a FXDR   , that can do 160mph , that's  pretty good -and it looks great , but there's one thing missing , the 2nd seat for riding 2 up with the Wife -

Harley-Davidson FXDR Softail (2019) | Review

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RickD said:

Question is: how can it handle in a legs forward position and raked front fork? It's a city cruiser.

Harley Motorcycles have a Character , this one is definitely a Boulevard bike for acceleration  , you dont ride this bike for a very long time , to ride long ways , you need floorboards and higher , wider , handlebars -

38 minutes ago, RandyH said:

I just read that HD makes a FXDR   , that can do 160mph , that's  pretty good -and it looks great , but there's one thing missing , the 2nd seat for riding 2 up with the Wife -

Harley-Davidson FXDR Softail (2019) | Review

Been a long time since I've been on Main St, Daytona Beach. That bike would draw a few folks around! See a ram-air intake below the tank?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Been a long time since I've been on Main St, Daytona Beach. That bike would draw a few folks around! See a ram-air intake below the tank?

that's what a Harley is all about , styling  , a unique sound , , and Made in the USA 

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

the Confederate Motorcycle with the Biggest S&S Motor  may be very fast , but I dont think it can reach 178mph , that would have to be one hell of a modified HD  motor to reach such a speed -

Top ten most expensive production motorcycles of 2020 | Visordown

Uhmmm....I said there wasn't much Harley left. Think like this.

spacer.png

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Uhmmm....I said there wasn't much Harley left. Think like this.

stroked Evolution S&S motor and cases  , cylinders , heads  , maybe a 96 cubic inch or higher , and a Turbo KIT / intercooler

----https://www.rbracing-rsr.com

this looks quite similar to the Russ Collins  RC Engineering turbo  kits for Jap bikes , but fitted for a HD 

https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/history

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

My MT-10 has "Ram Air" on both sides of the tank. Both fake. As is the gas tank. Tank is more like a gas can 

buried under metal and plastic. Bike is a ***** to work on. My BMW is the opposite, easy to maintain

3 hours ago, RickD said:

Flat Trackers?

LE MANS  racing winner -   kawasaki  900 Z1 bikes of the 70's , the story is in the link -

they took a few ZI bikes , lightened the wheels and added a monoshock suspension, racing engines  --brakes- headers -forks -oil coolers , they were the 1st American endurance racing  team running  4 stroke Japanese 4 cylinder bikes , to reach  speeds of +  165 mph -  

https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/aboutrb.htm

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RandyH said:

stroked Evolution S&S motor and cases  , cylinders , heads  , maybe a 96 cubic inch or higher , and a Turbo KIT / intercooler

----https://www.rbracing-rsr.com

this looks quite similar to the Russ Collins  RC Engineering turbo  kits for Jap bikes , but fitted for a HD 

https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/history

That's a photo of an RB Racing Orca single cam with one of their turbos from the website. Just a quick grab off the 'net for example. Ours was similar but not an RB kit.

• Like 3