Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Funny @NADman some of those are true.

Lightning started popping all around here a while ago and I shut things down. Cool enough lately I don't really need the ac, but I'll put it back on in a few to help lower the darn humidity. It's not raining right this minute but we have not dried out the puddles between storms and rain since Monday here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

She looks healthy but.. eccentric.

@BigStewMan go for it though.. whatever trips your trigger. :emotion-21: 

ketchup on french fries - good. on hamburgers - ok. on scrambled eggs - not so much.

on corn dogs - maybe. on hot dogs - he!! no. on steak - you've got to be kidding me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mornin' all

Been a little busy. Rounding up a few days of fuelwood. Predictions for 70` as a high means a fire in the AM. Just a bucket full of twigs will take the edge off until the sun takes over.

Wife's secretary had a procedure done to her back and isn't much able atm. I've been trying to cook and coordinate with the others... so that she has a continuous supply of fresh eats. She's supposed to be flat back 20hrs a day... for 2 weeks  ... Yeah right. You don't know this woman.

still trying to get to town and Yuma. I might end up doing both in the same run....When I do get to Tucson, I am bringing an amp/receiver back. This is a very bust time of year, for me and I may not get time until Nov... maybe later. I find going to town a chore and don't really enjoy the traffic and all. Not any more.

• Like 3

The sun came out! First I've seen it since Sunday. Geeze this morning was the worst too. Roads were flooded again when we went to the Publix at 7. Took a while to go five miles.

I was making slaw for my barbeque, finally did go out and fetch some more rock from the mailbox. Now I'm full and got to go clean up the kitchen... but I've got a smile on my face.

Woke up at 3am today first coffee at 4, dang that's messed up. I'll have some more tea and try to get back on track.

• Like 3

All quiet around here and "they" are saying the final round of showers are supposed to go thru tonight.  High of 80 for Sunday and and some nice weather after.  The other day I went out and put some fertilizer on the yard when "they" said only a 30% chance of showers.  That's actually figured on 30% of Ohio.  I'm good right?  WRONG So much for the weeds and junk dying.  Rained an hour after I finished.

Wed evening I saw a freakin mouse running thru the kitchen.  Yea a real darn mouse!  Yesterday I was out buying a 2-pack of traps for $3.  Slapped some cheese on 'em and kept my fingers somehow before putting them down.  This morning there was the cheese on the floor and the trap under a hutch in the kitchen.  I get the broom, come back in and the stinking trap AND the mouse that was in it are GONE.  That's it.  GONE.  Where i don't know and i'm tired of looking.  Now reverted to code yellow.

Finished up the sub woofer today w/the new grill cloth installed inside the wire mesh  Clear Gorilla glue spray then laid the cloth in.  Worked slick!   

At least part of the week went well.  hahaha

@grasshopper ask your cats where it is please cause I can't find it anywhere.  Slipped in the french screen doors somehow and it's a first for me.  hahaha  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

To Farmers Supply in the AM.  Fungus in LF's yard and the guy that has been treating says it's bad.  Wonder if he realizes it happened on his watch!   So 20 pounds of Heritage G and then wait and see........

Bought a preamp yesterday on impulse.  A Transcendent Sound "The Masterpiece".  Need more equipment like I need another hole in my head but someones got to do it......right.  It was shipped today.  Will replace the Quicksilver Audio unit that was a bit long in the teeth.  It will be in my second system at my other house so I'll rarely hear it😐

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Woke up at 3am today first coffee at 4, dang that's messed up.

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

up at 3 and coffee at 4... yeah. that's messed up.

I am drinking cold/leftover while I'm waiting for the fresh to finish brewing

Those hours are messed up, even at 4 I would go back to sleep for hours, 5 or 6 probably.

I drink leftover coffee all the time, it's 99.5% only me drinking it so unless I make very little a bunch of times a day it's the way it is. But I do not keep it hot, I warm it one at a time. Thought about one of them Keurig machine's but fill my own cups ?

• Like 4

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

My life is messed up then. Wake up at 0430 3 days a week. Good news is, I am off more days than I work. 

No for me it would be messed up, I tend to stay up late and get up roughly 8 hours later, no clocks just whenever I get up. But I only (mostly) have just things I want to do so unless were going somewhere, it makes no difference.

But off more than you work is great, sure beats 5+ days a week, I do not miss that even when I loved my job. 

• Like 4