Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:
On 10/7/2021 at 12:00 PM, BigStewMan said:

brunettes are the way to go! 

Asian, I know what you mean.  Makes perfect sense to me. 

I don't know I like them all, excluding the crazy ones, now there is a challenge. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

That's my plan, from what I hear from single friends the not crazy part is alot to ask.

Any woman that I work with (A LOT in the hospital) that isn't married, engaged or in a long term relationship by 35 likely has SERIOUS issues or has been divorced is what I have come to discover. I think you are stuck mate.  Cling on and enjoy the ride. Little birdies tell me your wife ain't too bad 🍻😈

• Like 1

• Moderators

Done with the storage space or whatever it's called, painted the frame and added 3/4" plywood to the deck  with the bottom painted white to make space under it brighter. Moved the lights to about where they were above the deck to below.

Started puting everything back where it goes, just put some things on top to get them out the way, need to get up there and slightly organize what I pitched up there.

It turns out it is easier to get around up there than I thought it would be, about 4' in the middle.

image (4).jpeg

image (1).jpeg

• Like 9

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Any woman that I work with (A LOT in the hospital) that isn't married, engaged or in a long term relationship by 35 likely has SERIOUS issues or has been divorced is what I have come to discover. I think you are stuck mate.  Cling on and enjoy the ride. Little birdies tell me your wife ain't too bad 🍻😈

Sounds about right, I am stuck but happy with it, 43 years. Crazy, both of us at times I guess but by now we know what to espect, mostly.   I do tend to get in trouble at times, but if I do I deserve it most of the time.

12 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Nice DTEL.  My garage needs surgery surely.  Time to call some friends and offer premium bourbon for aid. 

I just realized the other day how long I have been working on the shop, started building it in December, so 10 months so far.

But that did include doing alot of work on tools, but there is music out there, speakers were the first thing i put in, sounds good too. :emotion-21:

I told my wife I will add some hooks on the beams and hang a hammock, I need that. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

That's funny, but I like building things and need to stay busy or I create new projects, it's how the outside bar happened I got bored and worked on it for months and added things later.

• Like 4

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

You know what I learned in the east coast?  You can say the most ridiculous, racist, tabooo off the wall shit you want AS LONG AS you say "bless your heart" FIRST.   True story. 

Down here it's old and only rarely gets used except intenionally to say someone is stupid more or less. You never really hear it but you know when you hear it what it means. I wonder how old that really is ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Down here it's old and only rarely gets used except intenionally to say someone is stupid more or less. You never really hear it but you know when you hear it what it means. I wonder how old that really is ?

I only heard it from quote older (75 + folk in the east coast) folk and it almost seemed an excuse to say just about anything that surely had my eyebrows raised above where they likely have been before.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I just realized the other day how long I have been working on the shop, started building it in December, so 10 months so far.

But that did include doing alot of work on tools, but there is music out there, speakers were the first thing i put in, sounds good too. :emotion-21:

I told my wife I will add some hooks on the beams and hang a hammock, I need that. 

I remember the first pictures of the base-plate. Sure turned out a great man cave.

2 hours ago, dtel said:

That's funny, but I like building things and need to stay busy or I create new projects

My grand-dad was just like that, always something to do. Amazing what he did to the house were my grandparents had retired to.

Dtel, what is/ used to be Your profession, if I may ask?

I love these offers on German eBay! Asking 1.200€ as basis for negotiations for these KG5.5:

Klipsch Lautsprecher Boxen, 1 Meter hoch in Waldmohr

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/klipsch-lautsprecher-boxen-1-meter-hoch/1895809358-172-376

For contrast; two weeks ago a guy was offering a pair of realy nice KG4.5 for 300€! (Idiot I am i didn´t go for those...).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Dtel, what is/ used to be Your profession, if I may ask?

Well thank you.

Well I did a bunch of things over the years, seems like I would get bored at about 5-7 years and change jobs compleatly.

GM training school to work on cars, for a short time, no fun. A shipfitter building boats/ships but seen to many people get hurt or killed. Electrial work on land and offshore. Then restaurant mgr for years, fun but very long hours then insurance untill it burned me out and finally a long hobby turned into a business, landscaping/irrigation and sprinkler systems. The last one was fun and we did it for 20 years. Loved the designing part and making people happy.

DTEL = Down to earth landscaping was the name, ok I had to come up with a name when I signed up here that was easy to remember. :lol: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2