Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Nope, he was gonna eyeball it last Friday but haven't heard anything yet.  Said he was doin a high dollar install and with a $30k Linn table.  He'll be back to look at the TD-160 and when it's ready I'm on the road so he can turn mine around same day for me.  Then I'll have my Linn as primary and the TD-160 as secondary.  Won't be without a table EVER again.  The down side is a 6 hour road trip to ichigan.  New LP count is 21 laying here to unzip.  Yea, I'm nuts.  Got it  :)

what's wrong with the Linn ,  these power supplies dont go bad , but the motor can slow down  , the repair is a few new capacitors  ,  unsolder  the old , solder the new  caps , 20 more years ,,,,,1  hour job -

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think I'll do coffee this morning since the rain is coming in and I'm in a mood.

Friend of mine I've known forever walked out in his back yard Wednesday morning and pulled the trigger.  A local cop for 40 years, always thin and in shape and was actually one of the best cops you could ask for. 

He did his job, loved the community and the community loved him.  After retirement he rode his bike every evening through the neighborhood kibbitzing with those he saw out.  Then a couple months ago he stopped doing it.  I wondered why but now I know.  He found out he was in the final stages of prostate cancer.

Divorced with two grown sons living out of town and him living alone with  cancer took it's toll.  Had I known I'd have been there cause he only lives maybe 200 yards from me but he didn't tell anyone.  Called the PD and told them, they dispatched every city vehicle we had and he heard them running hot then walked out in the back yard.

Such a good guy and I guess the moral to the story is cancer kills in more ways than one.  Take care of your fellow man and be there to help if they need it.  Yea, I heard it all but didn't know til an hour later when I got a phone call.  This too shall pass but man it hurts.  Sooo much fun w/a guy, so many laffs and now it's gone.  Sad times in Duckburg so take care of your fellow man.

Time for coffee.

• Sad 7

Yea, it really sucks but that's just how Al was.  He'd seen it before and in talking with his son he covered all the bases just like calling it in.  I can't imagine what the dispatcher thought.  Nice to hear his voice but the rest of it's crazy, stunning and totally sucks.  All at the same time.  I can't imagine what she thought or how she feels.  Let alone all the guys @ the cop shop. 

I wasn't looking for sympathy when I posted.  It was just a post to let everyone know to take care of those you know.  It only takes a couple minutes and a laff or two to make someone else's day.  Al did it every day.  Be like Al...

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I wasn't looking for sympathy when I posted.  It was just a post to let everyone know to take care of those you know.  It only takes a couple minutes and a laff or two to make someone else's day.  Al did it every day.  Be like Al...

Shower the people you love with love.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yes well I've gone and done it now.  Entered the realm of high end cables.  Since I bought the Transcendent Sound "Masterpiece" I decided to replace the generic computer power cords.  Went to Amazon and didn't even flinch ordering two WAudio 10 awg cords for $45.99 each😑

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

Yes well I've gone and done it now.  Entered the realm of high end cables.  Since I bought the Transcendent Sound "Masterpiece" I decided to replace the generic computer power cords.  Went to Amazon and didn't even flinch ordering two WAudio 10 awg cords for $45.99 each😑

You're such a Medwin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

big spender remember you can't take it with you....

wish my pockets were as deep as yours.. 

• Haha 3

Wow the humidity is below 50% here at 1:30 pm and on top of that it's 63 degrees!!! Opened windows when I just got back here for free ac today. I swear to... it hasn't been under 90% since I arrived to my limbo situation.

Felt good when I woke at 5 today, it was 70 inside, 42 outside. Decent insulation I'd say from being at 78 inside Saturday.

This feels like fall finally. Going to broil some Orange Roughy for dinner since the windows are open.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sunday dinner will never be the same as it was.

But at least there are leftovers now!

Decided to bake it so I could have rolls with the broccoli and potatos. Lemon, butter and pepper on the Roughy, veggies were fresh. Full now, and think others would have liked it too.

PXL-20211017-191339874.jpg

• Like 2