Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

never was a big fan of halloween.  I did the trick or treat thing when I was a kid like everyone else and likely ate candy while walking around and not waiting for my parent's to "inspect" it, which I don't recall them ever doing anyway. 

We didn't use no plastic jack o lanterns -- we filled pillow cases and had the intel going about which houses had the "good candy."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DUDE!!! @BigStewMan must be younger than me:P I remember before the shards of blades in the apples in TX started all that. We didn't take apples except for the fresh made caramel ones the lady on Delchester Dr. made every year, had to walk through their haunted decorated house to get them and everyone knew they were worth it!

King sized pillowcases that we ate and traded candy from every day of the year and threw out the leftovers the next year when Halloween was there. We'd stash `em between the big rocks at the creek and get the next ones out to fill.

Oh, and yea was forced to brush my teeth more than twice a day almost until New Years Day.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Mornin' all

still no tv. I'm getting a lot of little things done.

got an on topic Q... mark this day on the calendar

boy gave us a french press.

I could use some tips on its use.

I know there is a certain amt of science involved. Water temp. Grind of coffee. Length of steep....

Grind the beans a good bit more coarse, the screen would let small grinds through and it wouldn't be "good until the last drop" that way! Let it steep like + or - four minutes before you press it slowly and steadily down. That was in instructions for a fragile one that broke on me years ago.

*205 degrees is what all the coffee-geek websites say, just shy of a boil. Wanna get more technical, pour water over the grinds slowly in a circular motion when the bubble starts to form in the middle let it sit for a minute before putting the top on the thing. That bubble in the grinds rising like bread in the oven is the bloom.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@JohnJ I'd be sooooo losted!  I just get to thinking about a french press and think of wimmen.  Can't handle those either especially a french one.  The coffee?  Totally clueless.  Think @richiebis starting to get what I've had for a few years now.

No TV?  HOW are you existing Bill???  Still taking your time wandering aimlessly in that garden or ya finally done?  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

still no tv. I'm getting a lot of little things done.

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

No TV?  HOW are you existing Bill??? 

That's funny.

We cut the satellite last week, got hulu+ instead at less than half of what the sat cost. After checking to see if everything we watched was included including live sports we switched. Hulu is a little harder to get around on (still learning) and slightly less convenient but for about $64 and plus still saving that much over sat it's good.  

Sat had a couple hundred channels we never watched but you had to have to get the few we wanted, they work it like that, well not for me anymore. Picture is just as good, from looks and acording to what resulition the tv say it is gitting. 

• Like 4

62 and never owned a TV. Not to say I haven't watched TV just too cheap to purchase one and then pay to use it. I occasionally check out stuff online but not a regular happening. $100+ monthly for something I haven't the time to devote to it is just out of the question.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, geezin' said:

62 and never owned a TV. Not to say I haven't watched TV just too cheap to purchase one and then pay to use it. I occasionally check out stuff online but not a regular happening. $100+ monthly for something I haven't the time to devote to it is just out of the question.

Good for you. Wish I could say the same.  What I will say is that I CAN live without any TV, but I could never live without music. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dave1291 said:

@WestcoastdrumsWhoa!  Have you told her that since it was her bday that all these people passing out candy were giving it to her for her Bday?  hahaha

Haha. Honestly, I was delerious in the hospital for her birth after being awake for almost 3 days straight from working and family.   She was supposed to be born on the 30th.   I wished no matter what it would be Halloween.   Low and behold, 0630 she was born!  Best day of my life. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Its my daughter's bday today. No BS.  I will have to care about Halloween my entire life.   This will be her first time "trick or treating". 

You're a  Halloween Daddy for Life , how lucky can that be 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, geezin' said:

you should get the Google TV  Chromecast   -roughly 60$  -it's all free to air TV- 0$ monthly plans  -basically TV for people who dont want  regular TV-   

• Like 1