Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

Moderating from 30,000 feet , I like it 😜

I do better, well feel better anyway, I think I do. :blush:

Post needing approval light up so if i just check in for a second I look for those, sometimes look at a couple threads when I have time. There are alot of sections and many threads in each, you could go crazy trying to watch it all. So I don't :lol:

12 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

BOOM!  Jubes at that price you deserve a raise.  High altitude flight pay or something.  Check your check this week. Might be a lil extra pocket lint in there.

They said they were going to triple our pay :emotion-21: so let's see, 3x 0 is :o 

The good part if they let me go I lose nothing, and you think they would have done that by now.

The crazy part is we were out of town for 10 days years ago and I never look here when not home. Come to find out they took a poll and I was one of the ones picked, I was not told anything. I get back from vacation and sign in and see moderator by my name and freaked out sending messages up the chain, then I was told, not asked never was.

Still deciding if I want to accept this job, I figure if I suck enough doing it...wait nevermind there is NO list of volunteers, probably why they never asked. :emotion-55: But they are getting's there moneys worth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dtel said:

The crazy part is we were out of town for 10 days years ago and I never look here when not home. Come to find out they took a poll and I was one of the ones picked, I was not told anything. I get back from vacation and sign in and see moderator by my name

We appreciate all the volunteer work you do here on the forum and at the Klipsch Museum.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So we need more chatter you say?  Not earth shaking but I did climb my 24' ladder up to to three areas of the 1.5 story house to blow leaves and pine straw off.  Gutter guard does not help with straw!  Walking up and down valleys is getting a bit scary for this soon to be 73 year old but my errand boy was busy.

On a happier note I ordered a matched pair of Amperex 12AU7s (orange world logo-Holland) from Brent Jesse this morning.  Will try them in the two center positions of the PrimaLuna integrated.  A bit of a skeptic about tube rolling I must say.

Lastly you may remember I bought the Transcendent Sound Masterpiece but it resides at my other house.  Was wondering if I brought it here could I run the PL integrated through the Masterpiece pre amp?  If so tell me how please.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

So we need more chatter you say?  Not earth shaking but I did climb my 24' ladder up to to three areas of the 1.5 story house to blow leaves and pine straw off.  Gutter guard does not help with straw!  Walking up and down valleys is getting a bit scary for this soon to be 73 year old but my errand boy was busy.

The Horrors :o

You mean after all those numbnuts on tv tell you that is BAD.

Solicitors coming to you door say your perfectly good gutters are a hazard. You MUST have the new and improved leafguard gutters at the limited time offer of 50% off? 

Then every woman in the neighborhood wagging her finger telling you it's too hot or too cold to be outside, too risky to climb that ladder and dangerous to be on your own roof! "Let's Go ------"

You're da Man @Tarheel

my hero!

:emotion-22:

• Haha 4

Mornin' all

thought I'd check in. Garden is about wrapped up. Just waiting for the curing process to happen -- could be 3 mo.

I had an out of house experience yesterday. Drove wife's secretary to the Dr.... oh boy!?! 

just for schitz and giggles, I pulled the little sub from the doghouse and brought it in to the livingroom and LS. The 2 rooms seem to be acoustically polar opposites. The LR neutralizes low bass. The doghouse .... even the little R15Ms would pin you to the wall. Now I want a better sub.

...if I was really ambitous, I would take the LS to the doghouse and see how they do there. The distance/s from the main listening position are pretty near the same. Difference is LR is 12 X 25. Doghouse 12 X 12. LR has a sloping ceiling

• Like 5

12 hours ago, dtel said:

The good part if they let me go I lose nothing, and you think they would have done that by now.

12 hours ago, dtel said:

Still deciding if I want to accept this job, I figure if I suck enough doing it...wait nevermind there is NO list of volunteers, probably why they never asked. :emotion-55: But they are getting's there moneys worth.

You're stuck brother we ALL know that!  Thing is we all know it and appreciate it more than you know.  Just reach down in your pocket along the seam and work some of that pocket lint out.  Make a lil ball and pray.  Some day it could happen.  Doubtful but maybe.  😂

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

my errand boy was busy.

Patience is a virtue.   Ladders suck and nope not anymore w/a blower.  Give a kid $20 and hold the ladder, hand them the blower and watch em laffin at you.  :)

https://tenor.com/view/apocalypsenow-horror-gif-4763006

43 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Garden is about wrapped up. Just waiting for the curing process to happen -- could be 3 mo.

Hanging them over the fence w/the root ball upside down so all the goodies run to the buds?  3 months???  Really???  😂  😂  Life in the Land of Cactus!  :)

• Haha 3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Khornukopia said:

We appreciate all the volunteer work you do here on the forum and at the Klipsch Museum.

54 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

You're stuck brother we ALL know that!  Thing is we all know it and appreciate it more than you know.  Just reach down in your pocket along the seam and work some of that pocket lint out.  Make a lil ball and pray.  Some day it could happen.  Doubtful but maybe.  😂

Well thank you, I'm not complaning, and I would NOT want to get paid to do this I just joke about that, if we did get paid then I would have to actually do it, better anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ohhhhhhh, we all know you're jokin about cash.  Clocking in and out every day, worrying about how long you take for lunch?  Yea, that kinda stuff.  Just reach down in your pocket every once in a while and feel that lil ball of lint...  You're a keeper and there's no doubt about it.  😂  😎

• Haha 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Not earth shaking but I did climb my 24' ladder up to to three areas of the 1.5 story house to blow leaves and pine straw off.  Gutter guard does not help with straw!  Walking up and down valleys is getting a bit scary for this soon to be 73 year old but my errand boy was busy.

Not a good thing, at 73 you should not be up on the ladder that high anyway, or on the roof. No reason, there is nothing up there to get hurt over or kill yourself. Nothing up there is in that much of a rush to not wait on the errand boy, your old dude, don't end it all like that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Was wondering if I brought it here could I run the PL integrated through the Masterpiece pre amp?  If so tell me how please.

The PL must have a separate pre-out that can be connected to the Masterpiece power amplifier and the power amplifier of the PL must be able to be disconnected, then it can work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seeeeeee  ^^^^^^^^^@Tarheel stick to slushies and relax.  :) 

@MicroMara heck I dunno I never looked.  Chuckie is at the top of the PrimaLuna food chain and wants to hook it up so let him look.  😂  My response in a msg to him was WHY? would you want to change it?

Look at me...  Ya can't fix stupid.  I just spin moosic and smile here.  That stuff is outta my job description!

I'll wait.  :)

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

A bit of a skeptic about tube rolling I must say.

Even if you spend a lot of money on a tube amp, for cost reasons is first saved on the tubes, does not mean that the tubes used by the manufacturer do not sound good. Nevertheless, if you use NOS tubes you should hear sonic differences. I was also skeptical about the influence of the tubes on the sound and have found that NOS tubes from Siemens / Philips USA and RCA USA have brought my mono amplifiers sonically right forward. BUT .....you should basically only make a tuberolling when all tubes have several  hundred hours of operation, only then can the tonal difference be heard out. Even the new tubes need a burn in again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Seeeeeee  ^^^^^^^^^@Tarheel stick to slushies and relax.  :) 

@MicroMara heck I dunno I never looked.  Chuckie is at the top of the PrimaLuna food chain and wants to hook it up so let him look.  😂  My response in a msg to him was WHY? would you want to change it?

Look at me...  Ya can't fix stupid.  I just spin moosic and smile here.  That stuff is outta my job description!

I'll wait.  :)

No doubt that a PL doesn´t sound good, otherwise they were not so popular .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

So we need more chatter you say?  Not earth shaking but I did climb my 24' ladder up to to three areas of the 1.5 story house to blow leaves and pine straw off.

good job -   63 or 73 , it's ok , as long as you are careful -

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a stand up guy from work who was 58.  He was a special deputy, ems certified, township fire department and everything else you could ask for.  Great guy.  Decided to put a ladder up in a maple tree and trim a couple branches off.  Long story short he did everything right yet fell about 15 feet and hit a couple limbs on the way down.  One of them broke his neck.  I'm 72 and tarheel is 73.  Not in my job description but if your available...     :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1