Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 10/27/2021 at 8:04 PM, dtel said:

even worse --

Police urging parents to inspect Halloween candy after ecstasy discovered

-https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/police-warn-parents-halloween-candy-drugs

@babadonoI'm sure it does cause I think he's running their integated but maybe not.  According to the info on the EVO 400 integrted he has this:                           

Inputs 5x Stereo RCA
Stereo RCA HT Bypass
Outputs 4 & 8 Ω
RCA Stereo/Mono Subwoofer
Stereo RCA Tape Out
1/4" Headphone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Hanging them over the fence w/the root ball upside down so all the goodies run to the buds?  3 months???  Really???  😂  😂  Life in the Land of Cactus!  :)

I don't have a bloody barn.I did devise a handy little rack for "not whole plants".

Curing is a little different down here. Our problem is keeping it from drying to a powder. There are some chemical processes that folks try to achieve. I know the flavor can change appreciably.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Ok so the Masterpiece is a Preamp so it should have line level out. Does the PL have a line level in? Like an Aux in or a tuner in?

Yes it does.  I was curious if the 300B tubes in the Transcendent pre would add anything positive to the PL integrated's power supply.  May not be worth the effort.....

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Yes it does.  I was curious if the 300B tubes in the Transcendent pre would add anything positive to the PL integrated's power supply.  May not be worth the effort.....

But may the PL Powerstage Tubes ( EL 34 ? ) will benefit by tuberolling  the prestage 12 AU7 (?) 

28 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

But may the PL Powerstage Tubes ( EL 34 ? ) will benefit by tuberolling  the prestage 12 AU7 (?) 

I have an octet of EL-34s but KT-120s are now installed.  I ordered a matched pair of nos Amperex (orange world logo) 12AU7s from Brent Jesse this morning to replace the RCA clear tops.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Tarheel said:

So we need more chatter you say?  Not earth shaking but I did climb my 24' ladder up to to three areas of the 1.5 story house to blow leaves and pine straw off.  Gutter guard does not help with straw!  Walking up and down valleys is getting a bit scary for this soon to be 73 year old but my errand boy was busy.

You should know better ‘Heel. Both of us are too old to risk a ladder mishap. Although I did climb my 24 ft. extension ladder for some interior work, I not only didn’t like doing it I knew I shouldn’t have.

If you can buy fancy Dan tubes for your hi-end tube amp you then can pay someone for your high wire work. Much, much cheaper than a catastrophic fall.

And beside, you still owe toasters to several people, me included. Falling from a ladder is poor excuse to get out from under a toaster debt. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Chilly here and rain tomorrow.  Indoor activities it looks like.  Netflix, music, billiards, eating, gun cleaning......

Chilly here and rain tomorrow.  Indoor activities it looks like.  Music, netflix, music and billards, eating (no double dipping the Tostitos in the salsa)while drinking and getting your rear handed to ya, real eating, then Becks "Bolero" while suggestively cleaning you gun  Got it!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We've had rainy, cloudy and one cloudless bright day this week. But have yet to break 50 degrees, even got into the high 30s one morning. Bugs come in and they're belly up another foot inside!

Thought I caught a big quick spider out of the corner of my eye the other evening... a couple lizards came inside to get warm!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, babadono said:

All Righty then.... Indian summer rages on out here...Bright sunny about 85 to 90 degrees....carry on.....

...if you can call +5` "Indian Summer", it's happening here, too

--------------------------

We got a "new" tv. Boy gave us one of his. Nice unit. Toshiba No, not "smart"... just the way I like them.

------------------

in the Norts Spews - anyone else used to read Tank McNamarra?

U AZ snapped their 20 game losing streak [football] with a win over Cal. A Cal player got a celebratory punch in the nuts from a U AZ player. Somehow, I think that should warrant a little more than an unsportsman like conduct penalty.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

60 today here so with that added hour I think I'll venture out into Sherwood forest with the lawn sweeper.  Can't wait for another fall cleaning up all the neighbor's leaves in my yard.  65 tomorrow but w/my luck the city will be around tomorrow sucking them up.  Don't wanna miss it!  hahaha  F my life!  Every year I get a celebratory punch in the nuts from the neighbors...  Guess I really piss 'em off!  😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

60 today here so with that added hour I think I'll venture out into Sherwood forest with the lawn sweeper.  Can't wait for another fall cleaning up all the neighbor's leaves in my yard.  65 tomorrow but w/my luck the city will be around tomorrow sucking them up.  Don't wanna miss it!  hahaha  F my life!  Every year I get a celebratory punch in the nuts from the neighbors...  Guess I really piss 'em off!  😂

NO ...For this you are awarded every year by your neighbors with the " leaf blower award, so don´t complain

150042574_laubblseraward.jpg.18390b58a594c6ca14b604acf2f883d4.jpg

• Haha 4