Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Have a good one guys & gals.

Gotta run up to the local grocer and see if I can get a good bottom round roast. After the only redmeat for me has been venison for the past month I want some of the sweet stuff this week.

Turkey was $3.00/lb for an under 10#er, geeze. Should have looked at the warehouse but forgot to.

87c/lb for turkey this week here, should go lower, or at least it used to.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Brian in TX ? and Mike in NY with 1980s prices. I'm less than 200 miles from 40 minutes east of Charlotte almost all the way to Chuck's at the coast slap full of turkeys, pigs and chickens. Holly Farms, Perdue and Smithfield all accounted for.

And I've got that freaking $20 runt of a bird in the freezer.

F'em.

Angus bottom round for $5 a pound and that's a bit better than what I had at home.

)*&%^4 

• Haha 3

I went to wally while wife was in the Dr. Snagged a #15 bird for 87 cent/lb. I was OK with that. If we can get another cheaper.... fine. We'll buy. We have a freezer.

Grabbed a few turkey dinner stuff while I was there. I wasn't in the store 45min, went back to the Dr office. Waited 5 min and wife was done.  We were home in 3 hr.

• Like 4

This is actually part two of a few thoughts I have about this forum...  It began over in the Vinyl Spinning thread Full Range started since I usually hang there or here cause that's me.  :)  So you may want to start over there.  Or not start at all :)

Finished up my system today so thought I'd share a few thoughts with you all.  I'm not goin anywhere.  So, suck it up buttercup.  You're stuck with me.  Feel free to opt out at anytime but you'll get a feather in your hat if you stick around :)

You've NO IDEA at all how elated I am with what I put together.  I do ZERO forums but this place was different..  PWK was amazing in every way.  He did it ALL. 

I read the LS ads in the mid 60's and drooled a lot then cause I knew he was right.  Yet wandered aimlessly searching even though I'd never heard them up here in Ohio.  Down South yea but up here?  How?  Drooled over those raw birch... 

FINALLY I jumped but how to totally nail it?  So I came in here so you can all blame @dtel since he was the first guy I actually talked to.  He warned me about that "slippery slope" but no problemo.  I was ready to go.  So yea, it's on him.  😂

You ALL get feathers for those hats.  I've learned so darn much reading and chatting with you guys.  You've no idea.  ALL my bases were covered in the 6 or so years I've been here.  NONE of that would have been possible without you ALL.  Seriously, met one heck of a bunch of good guys in here so thanks for everything.  Ya head to this neck of the woods feel free to inbox me and lemme know.

Again, thanks for everything.   Yea, yea it's that "slippery slope" thing...  

***  Yes, if you read this and are wanting "The Rest of The Story" you have to go into Vinyl Record Spinning  to pick it up.  See what I did there???  :)  Curiosity killed the cat.  Or did it?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Glad to have you here Dave and happy the music at su casa is sounding fine!  It's great when it all comes together isn't it?

I was probably spinning some tunes yesterday about the same time and too was happy with some modest tweaking I had done (speaker placement and gain preamp tubes).

About that slippery slope.....just saw a Transcendent Sound Grounded Grid pre for $400....condition "9" and had to hide my bill fold🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

About that slippery slope.....just saw a Transcendent Sound Grounded grid pre for $400....condition "9" and had to hide my bill fold🙃

- that must be quite the chore hiding a bill fold as Fat as yours - 💵💵💰💰

• Haha 5

Yesterday?  Hmmmm...

Viet Nam Diary November, 1969:
I dream of milk and bread, of water that is clean and odorless, walking barefoot on carpet, laying on green grass and seeing nothing but clouds in the sky. I dream of a soft bed with clean, white sheets, staying clean for a day, a hot shower, flush toilets and other modern plumbing, of walking without the ankle-deep mud and sleeping with both eyes closed. I dream of looking through a real glass window, concrete sidewalks, and sitting in a big, soft chair in my pajamas. I dream of watching happy people, hearing the birds sing, seeing a cat and walking through a field or woods without concern. I dream of going anywhere I want for no reason at all, feeling the cold of winter and seeing snowflakes fall. I dream of the day when I can sleep as late as I want, fix a sandwhich after raiding the refrigerator, and whistle out of contentment. I dream of the people I love who are waiting at home for me to return and a million other things. My dreams are what keeps me going because there isn't much about this reality that makes life worth living.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

sounds like you found my "doghouse"

----------------------------------

speaking of clouds, Dave ....

our weather forecast for next next week, calls for some. This kind gentleman reminded not to panic because "The sun won't  be so bright"

----------------------------------

I need to drink some milk before hitting this Peruvian coffee. It's a light roast and the acid is killing me. Doesn't taste acid... my stomach is differing with my taste buds....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I need to drink some milk before hitting this Peruvian coffee. It's a light roast and the acid is killing me. Doesn't taste acid... my stomach is differing with my taste buds....

I have found the Peruvian to have more side effects than the Honduran.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2