Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, dtel said:

Nope it's Hope, but have been to Jamaica many times, it's somewhat safer than it was  in the past when a drug lord ran the country.

Yeah  BAD BOYS , crying when they were taken down ---:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
10 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

so what's the dope on hope ...lol..

I think PKW was on to something... subliminal messages

There have been many jokes about that, from just the names of speakers. 

MCM 1900

MWM    Magnificent woofing machine or Motengators

Heresy

Cornwall

• Like 5

Warm here....should take the Bubble for a top down spin.  Experimenting on car window cleaning recently.  First alcohol and water.  Next vinegar and distilled water.  Third 2 drops of Dawn and distilled water.  Microfiber cloth with each.  Happiest with #3 but now I read they make a waffle microfiber cloth that's better.  Saw a guy on youtube use a clay bar on the windows so I may try that as I already have a few😑

Want to play with my new preamp but it resides at my house and I don't.  The house share person stays up till two and sleeps till 11am😙  Well at least I can look at a photo of it........

3467168-2d1fece5-transcendent-sound-300b-otl-masterpiece-preamp.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Warm here....should take the Bubble for a top down spin.  Experimenting on car window cleaning recently.  First alcohol and water.  Next vinegar and distilled water.  Third 2 drops of Dawn and distilled water.  Microfiber cloth with each.  Happiest with #3 but now I read they make a waffle microfiber cloth that's better.  Saw a guy on youtube use a clay bar on the windows so I may try that as I already have a few😑

Want to play with my new preamp but it resides at my house and I don't.  The house share person stays up till two and sleeps till 11am😙  Well at least I can look at a photo of it........

you can send it me.... I will tell you all about !

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Bon ami works great on stubborn glass stains. 

Should not scratch glass but just in case test in a inconspicuous area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

& I found denatured alcohol worked really well on maple syrup. It came out of the sugar maples that a doofus planted next to the driveway where I grew up!

Just didn't make sense in south Charlotte, blocks from where the Corvette club met every year the week of the big September race.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

I have heard news paper is good for cleaning glass ?

As a former professional window cleaner, I do not recommend this. Clean newsprint paper, perhaps, but nothing with print on it. The old carbon-based inks would transfer to the glass making it "sparkle" but it was not clean. I can't tell you how many houses I cleaned where the black yuck dripped off the window. Almost as bad as tobacco smoke residue.

Water and a bit of Dawn dish liquid is the secret recipe of most pros. Add a little vinegar if the windows are particularly dirty. The real secret on home windows is to use a good quality squeegee, but that is pretty difficult on curved car windows. Go for the microfiber towel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, CWelsh said:

As a former professional window cleaner, I do not recommend this. Clean newsprint paper, perhaps, but nothing with print on it. The old carbon-based inks would transfer to the glass making it "sparkle" but it was not clean. I can't tell you how many houses I cleaned where the black yuck dripped off the window. Almost as bad as tobacco smoke residue.

Water and a bit of Dawn dish liquid is the secret recipe of most pros. Add a little vinegar if the windows are particularly dirty. The real secret on home windows is to use a good quality squeegee, but that is pretty difficult on curved car windows. Go for the microfiber towel.

Yes Dawn and distilled water was the better of the three attempts.  Ordered 8 waffle weave microfiber cloths from Amazon today.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Oh man, please do tell what you think about this...or have you and I missed....Yummy

• Like 2