Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, CWelsh said:

As a former professional window cleaner, I do not recommend this. Clean newsprint paper, perhaps, but nothing with print on it. The old carbon-based inks would transfer to the glass making it "sparkle" but it was not clean. I can't tell you how many houses I cleaned where the black yuck dripped off the window. Almost as bad as tobacco smoke residue.

Water and a bit of Dawn dish liquid is the secret recipe of most pros. Add a little vinegar if the windows are particularly dirty. The real secret on home windows is to use a good quality squeegee, but that is pretty difficult on curved car windows. Go for the microfiber towel.

Good to know, someone who cleaned houses and condos told me that, i never tried it and glad I didn't now.

What is good to get water spotsoff the outside of a window ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

What is good to get water spotsoff the outside of a window ?

Mmmm, a healthy shot of Dawn in warm water doesn't leave water spots w/all the emulsifiers in it  I bought a lambs wool scrubber & good squeege @ Lowe's for about $30.  Hit it easy, rinse w/the hose and hit it with the squeege.  Get any lines of water on the glass just Bounty it off and around the edges.  Cake.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Mmmm, a healthy shot of Dawn in warm water doesn't leave water spots w/all the emulsifiers in it  I bought a lambs wool scrubber & good squeege @ Lowe's for about $30.  Hit it easy, rinse w/the hose and hit it with the squeege.  Get any lines of water on the glass just Bounty it off and around the edges.  Cake.

And, if the spots are really tough, try a 1/4 cup of ammonia per gallon of water and Dawn. The lambs wool scrubber and elbow grease will help, too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When I moved into this place I was perplexed when the back windows had streaks after cleaning. The pool robot’s tail was spraying the salt water pool water on them. Even though it was a salt water pool it was etching the glass. I took lemon halves to scrub the glass which helped a lot and bought a robot that didn’t exhaust the water overboard. I also used lemon to clean the water spots off of my shower glass cubes and door. Give it a try.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I use white vinegar and water to clean windows. Does a pretty good job on water spots. WIpe with paper towel. I would use a squeegee if I had one.

---------------------------

...with the holidays creeping up,

I love stuffing. I feel a turkey is the perfect vessel for cooking it in.

Now, about what is put in the stuffing.

I prefer the basic recipe... white bread, onion and celery [sauteed in lots of butter],chicken stock... oh, a little S&P and poultry seasoning. I am thinking about making my own bread with the seasonings in it. We'll see about that.

What is your stuffing preference?

• Like 3

Bugs?  Baking soda works great.  Dedicate a GOOD sea sponge just for the baking soda, dump some on and give it a wipe.  Two minutes later a light scrub will get rid of those splats.  The nose and windshield of a 928 are bug magnets for sure especially when ya open them up.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had paint protective film applied to the M3 forward of the front doors including the windshield. Spray with water connected to water softener and the bugs wash away; harder one might take just a finger rub to come off. The PPF and ceramic coating was worth the expense.

• Like 4

On 11/19/2021 at 8:11 AM, grasshopper said:

that clay bar trick sounds a little iffy to me. I would worry about scratching the glass.... and would try it in an inconspicuous place first.

It's simple.

RTFM!

Ya have to clean first then dry it off with soft cotton towels... talking car paint here.

If and when the clay bar scarfs up soil, you turn it immediately so a scratch can't occur. It is a time consuming process, maybe NuFinish 2000 was better;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yup it's almost 7AM round these parts.  Getting ready to head out and snag some vittles for the next couple weeks.  Stalked the local Kroger store yesterday and it was packed on two diff occasions so I guess it's all going to happen early this year.

Normal driving routine from Thanksgiving until after New Years is buckling up, putting the helmet on, looking 6 ways before and after I start the car ANYWHERE.  Put it in gear, look 6 ways again before I EVEN touch the gas!  Not gonna get tagged in some parking lot by a woman running warp 3 on a mission from God!  Yes, tis the season.

Need some Justin Johnson to smooth things out while I suit up and finish that last mugga!  

Y'all have a good one this mornin!  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2