Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
On 11/21/2021 at 9:57 AM, JohnJ said:

It's been chilly here, low thirties in the am that didn't double in the afternoon.

That's good, chilly goes great with cold weather. 

On 11/21/2021 at 9:57 AM, JohnJ said:

Costa Rican for me for the past month and the rest of the year probably.

So she is going to stick around, as long as your happy with that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

She wouldn't get too fat here @dirtmudd The buy one get one free Edy's Butter Pecan & Double Fudge Chocolate from last month are gone now.

But it was cold fried chicken for breakfast the rest heated up for dinner, The oven heats this place up nicely, wish it could help with the humidity!

My little bird is thawing, got my Neeses sausage ready for the stuffing and the sausage/cheese/bisquick balls. Yes there will be green bean casserole. No pie this year, got some green apples for an apple crisp!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you nuts!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

That's why I do it, I also switched rice for cauliflower rice. I love cauliflower so it works for me, not that you would mystake it for rice but I like it more.

I needed to do something to lose weight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

LF is traveling to a family reunion so I have an early seating at the bar at Henry's Restaurant.  Since I will be alone I asked to sit in the bar area.....same menu just less formal. 

Cold and windy this morning.  LF is backing out of her tennis match so we will have breakfast at The Toastery near the beach.  Crab cakes benedict with potatoes for me.  She will have the same replacing the yummy potatoes with fruit.

So there you have it....one of you guys alert the press!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

cauliflower? Tried it, had to dip it into a flavor before I finished it. Then had a funny pizza with an older relative that does not look her age. It was not good but it was cauliflower instead of flour for the crust.

Guess cutting back on some things works! Doesn't sound like the Holidays though.

Heed the Law,    Stop the Disguised HATE! 

wish I could say more :emotion-50:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

... because my wife doesn't like my stuffing [the things I do for her]

I am sacrificing the turkey as a cooking vessel for the bread stuffing to make rice stuffing in. Oh.. I am still making bread stuffing. It will go in pans. I'm OK with rice... not daily, though. And I imagine the [rice] stuffing I put together will be tasty.... but, I'm kinda set in my ways and look forward to MY bread stuffing.

I made spiced/herb bread for stuffing.  Dug the bird from the freezer. Should have done that yesterday... oh well. Make pumpkin pies tomorrow. I bet only one [of 2] will live to see Thanksgiving. I have to sample.. and once the pie is cut, Katy bar the door!

Oh... bought a 10lb bag of potatoes. Nothing special about that, except there are less than 10 potatoes in the bag. They're huge. Not complaining. Easy to peel. Might present a situation with baked potatoes. One spud will feed more than one person. SO, you could have to carve the potato.

Wintering the house a little today. Sealing doors so the wind slows some on it's way thru... I don't worry about carbon monoxide... house is way too drafty. The old double hung windows rattle in the wind.. You can [could] see light around the doors.  Not so much air flowing thru the house now.... not to mention slowing the critters from trying to enter.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

cauliflower? Tried it, had to dip it into a flavor before I finished it. Then had a funny pizza with an older relative that does not look her age. It was not good but it was cauliflower instead of flour for the crust.

Guess cutting back on some things works! Doesn't sound like the Holidays though.

Heed the Law,    Stop the Disguised HATE! 

wish I could say more :emotion-50:  

I slightly brown it with seasoning, a local place does the pizza crust can't tell the difference, it just looked different from the bottom. thaought we were being BS'd.

But your right some things just cannot replace others without it being obvious. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Steely Dan lyrics 

Yes and there really are "Santa Ana" winds. They blow the warmer(sometimes hot) air from the Mohave desert east of coastal So Cal towards the ocean. Usually the winds blow in the opposite direction from the ocean towards the east.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1