Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I've got a bunch of things to do today.... so, I'm gonna take my sweet az time about it

Pie dough is made. Taking a break. coffee and a smoko.

then things get messy. Rolling the dough out.

-------------

threw the wife for a loop last night. She came home to RobertPalmer Addictions... a calypso tune was on. Funny as. she did a double take. "Ive never heard this before. Who is it?" I let the CD play on. "Oh.. him"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Little bird in the oven, other stuff done already. I won't try to do it at the last minute ever again, murphy gets me all the twenty times I've tried. Enjoy @grasshopper

Worst was a cuz-in-law that was lit, she pulled the pan off the top of the fridge out of curiosity.... Dumped turkey drippings/broth all over her and the kitchen. I did feel bad for her, didn't have her kind of clothes to change into after she showered.

New addition.. bacon burgers have been added by my bro. Surprises never cease!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Thanks @MicroMara Thinking gratefully can be a reset that can help out.

Does not have to be this one time a year. You've had that too in your life. What better way to share it than over a good meal with family!

On October 3, 2021, we celebrate not only the Day of German Unity but also the Harvest Festival. Thanksgiving Sunday is one of the oldest religious festivals, which is associated with some customs, similar to your " Thanksgiving".

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Thinking gratefully can be a reset that can help out.

Get Grateful!

You woke up on this side of the dirt.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all.

Prep starts tonight...homemade cranberry sauce...fresh whipped by me whipped cream....green bean casserole...

Tomorrow morning fire up the Kamado(big green egg) and get the turkey going...guests arrive around noon bearing pumpkin and apple pies and who knows what else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

On October 3, 2021, we celebrate not only the Day of German Unity but also the Harvest Festival. Thanksgiving Sunday is one of the oldest religious festivals, which is associated with some customs, similar to your " Thanksgiving".

You forgot to mention Oktoberfest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6BC8D6DF-7213-40DA-91E2-E3671034CA87.thumb.jpeg.8fc4687a0a32ce625096328f00833e4f.jpeg

Yesterday Comcast Business installed Internet and phone for our home-based business.  So far so good.  It was a good omen when the technician looked at my basement setup and said, “Heresys.  Can I hear them?”  He has been contemplating purchasing Heresys of some variant.

I turned off the four Anarchy Exodus tapped horn subs and explained how my HIPs with Crites CT120 tweeters, re-coned EV woofers and modified network’s were not exactly representative of all other Heresys.  Eventually he asked to add in the subs.  He seemed pleased.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, NADman said:

You forgot to mention Oktoberfest.

there wasn´t any Octoberfest in whole of germany in 2021 ....we got the fourth  covid wave in germany , even with approx. 70 %  vaccinated population. The whole country is under the 2G rule ( Vaccinated or convalescent) in public life, 3G partially ( Vaccinated Convalescent, Tested )  unvaccinated are excluded from public life in the meantime, so it is with the personal rights to a free life in Germany.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

6BC8D6DF-7213-40DA-91E2-E3671034CA87.thumb.jpeg.8fc4687a0a32ce625096328f00833e4f.jpeg

Yesterday Comcast Business installed Internet and phone for our home-based business.  So far so good.  It was a good omen when the technician looked at my basement setup and said, “Heresys.  Can I hear them?”  He has been contemplating purchasing Heresys of some variant.

I turned off the four Anarchy Exodus tapped horn subs and explained how my HIPs with Crites CT120 tweeters, re-coned EV woofers and modified network’s were not exactly representative of all other Heresys.  Eventually he asked to add in the subs.  He seemed pleased.

Seem´s to be fun ...

lautsprecher-bauen-svetazi.jpg.4c3609d68eff18b627c86ba8d387ca2e.jpg

• Haha 3

the same from me... y'all have a good and safe....

bird is in the oven. We are gonna have lots of stuffing/dressing. Just for the record, I call it stuffing if you take it out of the bird... dressing if it's made in a pan, on the side.

I can take a nap now.

Last night, I ate half a pumpkin pie, making sure it was edible. I'm not sure yet... May need to do another sampling

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2