Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

We seem to be running out of steam here.  Think I'll have a cup of coffee and think about it😐

Ah H*ll.

I cleaned the stainless carafe yesterday for the first time since I got the replacement this summer.

Half a dishwasher tablet broken up in the filter, then let it soak. Wash it with regular dish soap then run a full pot of hot water through it 3 or 4 times.

Looks shiny and new and only tastes like what I'm brewing instead of that dark amber color of the walls inside it.

Natural processed and the honey the red variations of it have me the happiest with the flavor since before Marley's company went under with their fantastic Jamaican Blue Mountain. Or the plain ol Colombian flavor that is just no more.

https://www.seattlecoffeeworks.com/blog/What-on-Earth-is-Honey-Process

that old page tells about the "unwashed" variants 

• Like 3

I'm spoiling myself.  The bowling alley has started serving breakfast so slippin in and out of there on a regular basis.  Great biscuits & gravy and decent jambalya.  Well kinda decent.  Coffee is great and they keep me full so I'm good.  About ready to fire mine up for the winter next week.  60's or close thru Sunday around here.  It'll sort and I'll be ready!  :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, richieb said:

Oh you hi-tech coffee bean drinkers. I’m a simple man living a simple life, in turn I let Mrs. Olsen scrub my Folgers coffee beans. Mmm, mmm - that’s a tasty cup of Joe -

I thought you liked the coffee from either Vietnam or Thailand..

that the monkey's eat . And get cleansed through their digestive tract...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I also like coffee very much , today I received 2 new varieties " La Mocca " . This balanced medium roast from Ethiopia impresses with its pronounced citrus and caramel notes and dark chocolate in the taste.

The " Viennese Mild " comes from Austria . It is offered and sold only in a Viennese coffee roastery. This blend impresses with its light roast with very mild and delicate character.

caffee.thumb.jpg.9e39c07a956df4f1951ea37052be9b32.jpg

Then I love Chai teas from India. These are black teas with exotic spices , such as ginger , cinnamon , carmadon , clove and other spices . These teas are prepared with one-third water and two-thirds hot milk.

Chai.thumb.jpg.74f572077bc263282158f1440c4ecc43.jpg

• Like 5

I use to get Trung Nguyen Gourmet Blend. has a chocolaty bit that wasn't mentioned on the cans, but in fact there is a 0.1 % bit of chocolate in it. I hate fru fru coffees, but really like this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

My daily is Eight O'Clock Original Blend whole bean ground fresh and percolated. Sometimes I'll get some Italian Roast or 100% Columbian. Probably order 5 lbs. Coffee Bean Direct Peppermint Bark for winter.

8 o'clock is some good java.

• Like 4

... after repeated tryptophan poisonings, I think I have revived

been eating like a pig.... and needing to sleep it off

====================

drinking the "regular" Mexican beans. We live pretty frugally and good coffee is an indulgence we allow ourselves.

the weather people are straining hard to complain about the weather, Yeah... record and near record temps.... but 80` in Dec is really hard to whine about.

• Like 6

Good deal Willie, mine didn't last through Sunday.

Need to hone my skills and how to prepare for the unexpected now. & my little bird? It was a breast with everything else cut off. That's why it was $, and why I had good turkey sandwiches for several days. What do you do with leftover cranberry sauce??

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

What do you do with leftover cranberry sauce??

Love the stuff, I just eat it if there is leftovers.

Haven't posted much lately just been busy, my old small shop space is being changed into more space for wifes workspace she needs it badly. 

• Like 7