Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@Tarheel

sounds like me trying to figure my LS. Was noticing how much the sound changes in relation to ear height. The squawker needs to be at ear level - yeah.. I know that is what "the book" sez, too.

that translates into raising them 6- 8in.  I can do it by myself, if I'm a little careful. Don't go thinking I'm going to lift them... not all at one time. I can lift one side.... that's all I need. Shove a 2X4 under the side that is up , then do the same on the other side.... back and forth

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

can add another turntable

No Way  @Dave1291   A few months ago you told me that I should not buy my dream TT with three arms, that would be nonsense, so I haven´t done it so far ..

Micro_Seiki_DQX-.jpg.4916bcb4e928c7b3cccba0168071b522.jpg

Now you want to buy a second TT  ????????

smilie-gross_341.jpg

• Haha 3

It's cold and gray , 35 Fahrenheit , 4.25 pm. it's already getting dark outside , just cooking a German menu . It's a stew with pointed cabbage, potatoes boiling in a vegetable stock and German Kasseler, which is smoked pork chops, HMMM this will be delicious ..

Eintopf.thumb.jpg.6ef875b0a490067db8e759af95212441.jpg

• Like 10

I can almost smell that @MicroMara!

Took me a while yesterday but I found the source of the hot wire odor. A TrippLite ISOBAR4ULTRA that I have four of for important stuff like the coffee pot, or the phone charger, and tv & roku.

Got replacement stuff coming in, it was ebay this time that was the bargain for the appliances. Although I won't replace the wave, it's not mine. Power company and the isp did their jobs and rectified the issue and replaced gear too. Filled out the form at TrippLite this morning, geeze those things are $70 now. They're worth it, but I'm glad I don't have to buy that too!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Now you want to buy a second TT  ????????

I'm not BUYING anything!  Already have that TD-160 that I had gone over.  It's done soooo Linn to the butcher block table and the Thorens on the sound organisation wall rack.  IF you recall, Mr THREE turntable arms, I mentioned I'd never be down because of something gong down again.  The TD-160 will look better sitting there w/the dust cove than sitting it it's card board box upstairs! 

I'd hurt myself w/that thing!   :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I'm not BUYING anything!  Already have that TD-160 that I had gone over.  It's done soooo Linn to the butcher block table and the Thorens on the sound organisation wall rack.  IF you recall, Mr THREE turntable arms, I mentioned I'd never be down because of something gong down again.  The TD-160 will look better sitting there w/the dust cove than sitting it it's card board box upstairs! 

I'd hurt myself w/that thing!   :)

So you don´t mind if I buy a new TT  ^^^^^^^^^^ ...I´m quiet busy in this matter , looking for a fully serviced Vintage Micro Seiki DQX 1000 , but with two warm only ..one 10 " and one 12 " arms ... for different pick ups ....hope to catch one within the next few weeks ...

• Like 3

Better ask you're wife first!  Not me...  Oldtimer?  Eh, don't worry about him he's focused on my Linn when I croak.  Just think, then we can hold a Pilgrimage in Ohio instead of Hope.  My girls would laff at you guys fighting over stuff.  "First pressing specials are over at the other card table.  Yes, I know it's marked 200. but I guess I could take 10 for it."   😂  😂  😂

• Haha 3