Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

We have Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts here but the place where folks line up is Britt's Donuts at Carolina Beach, NC.  Melt in your mouth (no chewing required).

That said....I am at a 10 year high with weight.  6'2", 198.  187 is the goal....just deciding between my stand by (Atkins), Keto, or ad lib. 

Of course this will start after my visit to an upscale steak house Saturday night and party Sunday night😀

• Like 2

Have a carry-out that get's Dunkin daily off the truck and also a Tim Horton's.  Lots of people hit that place early in the morning.  I just smile cause I caught them one evening brewing up the next mornings coffee.  Two big 5 gallon containers being filled by the pot.  Yup, pay the big bucks drinking the night before's coffee.  Perfect1  :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Britt's Donuts

IMG_5053.jpg

CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WWAY) — Carolina Beach’s iconic donut shop Britts Donuts is set to close for the season on Sunday.

Located on the boardwalk, the shop has been open since 1939. Selling only the original glazed donut, many have no problem waiting in long lines to get their hands on one.

This weekend’s hours are Friday from 4:00 p.m. – 10 p.m., Saturday from 8:30 a.m. – 10 p.m., and Sunday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. or till donuts run out.

The shop typically reopens in late March or early April.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't remember that passage.... I'm having trouble remembering where I left my car keys...

wife came home from Tucson... a day later than she expected. Right on time by my expectations.

She bought Christmas lights. LED... color shifting/steady white or colored. Too many choices. Now, I have to plan a display, as opposed to simply getting them as high in the trees as I could....

Dinner tonight? Turkey and dumplings. Kid will be here. I have to temper my use of spices. All this has is salt and pepper. Spicing it up would be adding more salt [by my Swedish grandmother. She had a pepper shaker - display only... it was empty]

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/10/2021 at 5:29 AM, Tarheel said:

That said....I am at a 10 year high with weight.  6'2", 198.  187 is the goal....just deciding between my stand by (Atkins), Keto, or ad lib. 

Of course this will start after my visit to an upscale steak house Saturday night and party Sunday night😀

What the hell, might as well wait for NewYears:)

• Haha 4

Funny guy @grasshopper my X would have been home early just to try and surprise me in the bathroom with a q-tip in my ear! Had some Christmas-time heat for lunch and it finally made it to 50 degrees. My Xochitl chips have been hard to find here for a while except for the no salt tortilla chips... why bother!  So found the lightly sea-salted ones at the warehouse in big bags with dye. Such a good price I got three and I'm almost done with the first!

The Texas Hash isn't hot but enough Ancho Pepper in it to tame the venison meat. Had to switch up on the ripe j a p s got the green out this month.

PXL-20211213-181322449.jpg

• Like 5