Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Mornin' all

Gearing up to do some shopping. Red robe, rake out my hair and beard.. We're ready

Just little things - stocking stuffers. Wife did good... brought home a 17lb rib roast. Hope it is good... was only $5/lb.... cheaper than steaks.

Not too early to wish @Full Range a merry Christmas on the beach with  his bbq

I’m still awake at 11pm on Christmas Eve as I’m on Santa Claus duty 

Got to make it memorable for the almost 2yo granddaughter 😎

Yes we are having a BBQ with family, but our contribution this year is the potato salad and a pineapple cheese cake 

I make a special and unusual potato salad with ingenious use of ingredients that one would normally think they should not go together 

Anyway my wife and I are famous for it in our family circle ️ 

Have a great day when your timeline arrives as the earth spins around and enjoy the festivities. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

This morning’s coffee, some freshly ground Sumatran beans in the Chemex.

Everyone else is still asleep so it’s nice and peaceful.

There ya go! Takes a little more time but the taste of those good Sumatra beans ought to be real nice.

I just cracked a mug from bottom to top pouring the coffee in it. It matched a set I used to have about thirty years ago. Saw a pair on ebay and snatched em. I had even pre heated it with hot water `cause the Bunn puts it out at about 205 degrees. Packaged incredibly well but must have been handled rough before... it's old stuff.

PXL-20211224-134745281.jpg

Important thing is, I saved that first cup of coffee! Got three more to try out this week ;)

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

There ya go! Takes a little more time but the taste of those good Sumatra beans ought to be real nice.

I just cracked a mug from bottom to top pouring the coffee in it. It matched a set I used to have about thirty years ago. Saw a pair on ebay and snatched em. I had even pre heated it with hot water `cause the Bunn puts it out at about 205 degrees. Packaged incredibly well but must have been handled rough before... it's old stuff.

PXL-20211224-134745281.jpg

Important thing is, I saved that first cup of coffee! Got three more to try out this week ;)

The mug in my picture is the last of a set that @Marvel and Carna gave us.

I have a couple of other favorite mugs in rotation with this one including one that I made while working as an assistant potter 25 years ago.

• Like 3

Yep I'll get a favorite something or another every now and then... it only causes problems since things never seem to last forever with me. With the exception of a few 70s LPs! Love that corroded bronze look, but the plates were square, bowls were huge. 80s thing & china can be only so tough.

Nice to "meet" you from what I can garner you're a Bruce Lee fan? Like good coffee & guitars. Oh... & @Marvel is your pop!

You're more one of "us' than I am :D

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

The mug in my picture is the last of a set that @Marvel and Carna gave us.

I have a couple of other favorite mugs in rotation with this one including one that I made while working as an assistant potter 25 years ago.

There's still some old stuff around here. Accidents happen, though, and it gets broken.

• Like 6