Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Daughter is back in Phoenix outta Detroit with only one added stop, which delayed her about an hour yesterday.  

Layed over in Houston for a about an hour on my flight out last fall.  I got up and hit the commode while on the ground.  Couldn't find the light switch but saw the sink filled w/water n paper towels when I opened the door.  THINK i hit the commode but not really sure and didn't really care at that point. 😂 :)

Rainy, mid 40-50's then a cold front is sliding down.  Could be interesting.  

Old lady next door decided to put on a standing seam roof, which was pre-cut and just layed over her old fiberglass shingles.  Back side tomorrow and they're outta here.  Woke up about 1030 and saw 3 pickups and a couple junk cars sitting out here then heard the screw guns.  98 years old and she's paying for a new roof...  Nutso.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Boy's GF is sposed to be flying into Tucson [from DC] today. If she can get a non-stop to Phoenix, she might make it ... assuming someone doesn't get road rage and need to de-plane early

IF she can get a non-stop, Assumimg no road rage - you know it is 2021/2022, right? Just sayin’ - 

• Haha 2

Been rainy here also, the trip to Clt was in record time this am leaving around 5:30. Trip back... twice as long from 10:30 until a little while ago.

Good thing I carried aspirin with me `cause my late season flu shot gave me a rip-roaring headache this time.

• Sad 2

The tar paper should hold if the wind doesn't push upwards on that side of the house.

5 hours ago, RandyH001 said:

I know a few guys who still use TT's in 2022  :D

Darn Skippy!     

(Tell me the last time you heard that... with an m in there) It popped up earlier today and had me holding my sides for a couple minutes! 

Hope to be one of them soon, I've got one based on the "looks" of the Linn with updated guts that worked extremely well the last couple years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hope to be one of them soon, I've got one based on the "looks" of the Linn with updated guts that worked extremely well the last couple years.

the Pro-Ject TT is also very nice sounding , and it looks great to boot

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

the Pro-Ject TT is also very nice sounding , and it looks great to boot

I love mine, if I could have waited another year and got the one with the speed selector I could play my 12" 45s... 

Project put out some good tube preamps also!

• Like 3

Went and got a covid test this morning as I've been a little under the weather and had strep throat recently.   We're having company tonight and wanted to be sure all was good.  Tested negative so the party is on.  On the way home I picked up a Bookers and a Weller 12 so the morning wasn't a total waste.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Went and got a covid test this morning as I've been a little under the weather and had strep throat recently.   We're having company tonight and wanted to be sure all was good.  Tested negative so the party is on.  On the way home I picked up a Bookers and a Weller 12 so the morning wasn't a total waste.

Bookers was one of my favorites when I used to drink. Well  priced for the quality. 

• Like 3