Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I've always done ham, blackeyes, turnip greens and cornbread for New Years Eve. Then some foreigners ruined smithfield, the only brand of store bought pork I have ever bought in my entire life.

Their ham isn't salt cured anymore. No I don't like Country Ham that much either except in a good biscuit then I have to scrape the excess salt off. So It doesn't really impart a salty flavor... but without that process the ham tastes awful. In my state of being a germ-freak since the new filter I haven't found any local brands that I really trust to use their pork products.

But it's going to be good eating anyhow, got chili simmering and an egg-nog base in the fridge since I can't get Promised Land's real & not from a test tube nog at the stores here. ALL the others are just gross, mine's got *six ingredients plus Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve in it! Didn't have it for Thanksgiving or Christmas so this is my last chance and I'll see if I can catch a game on youtube.

PXL-20211231-182028682.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
yolks & whites put in separate are only one thing
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Good that you're alright Carl!

The Wellers are not obtainable around here unless you get on somebody's list.

For some reason this part of the country gets some good bottles.  The W12 wasn't on the shelf but the owner asked me if I wanted one.  Right before Christmas I got a VanWinkle 12 year.  Can't complain. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Booker's, Weller and anything else on the planet that is great bourbon is alllll lottery here in Ohio.  THEN those that aren't picked up by the winners of the lottery can be sold to anyone with a connection it sounds like.  Hit the Reserve line in a bar and pay $75 a shot?  Not in my lifetime.

Finding a new niche in life.  Hoarding the good Scotch.  :)  

Always glad to hear of a negative test Carl.  Have fun and as Ohio's Liquor Controls says, "Drink Responsibly!"  😂

• Like 2

my cats find her entertaining

weather is ... well... I don't want to be outdoors. The wind is whipping and it's raining. It's not cold, yet. That comes after the storms passes. A hard freeze for Tucson Sun AM.

My SIL is sposed to be coming down this evening. Talking about going to the bar. It's her b'day. I am little skeptical about her getting here. Good chance there is water in the washes.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

The new look of our web site takes getting use to.  Think I prefer the previous look.  Just my 2 cents!

went with @Tarheel

61570a0cb50f60298a8b387c_o_U_v2.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.
TODAY

Mick Jagger explains how he went unrecognized at North Carolina dive bar

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

It's dead here on the forum!

Anyone recall the name of the shipping company that has been recommended for shipping heavy speakers without damaging?  May need to get something shipped from Florida to coastal NC.

Airforward?

Uship?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not exactly a cocktail but this Thick Haze IPA from Oskar Blues is alright.

BC5C266F-4BEA-4BCC-83DD-647664FCA365.thumb.jpeg.251ef5edf17b0b0e10a6aaff5a0e3722.jpeg

Currently working on rearranging some stuff so I can get the Heresys downstairs and setup with the bedroom system so I can get some audio on my Xbox and play with the kiddos.

• Like 2