Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, wstrickland1 said:

So what is extraordinarily high? Like what's the number?

Ohhh, just pulling a number out of thin air, say around 60k. Give or take a thousand or two. But that’s just a guess, there is no post count etiquette that I’m aware of. Even Google won’t touch this - 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

757 posts,  joined 7/2001.

@wstrickland1 you have nothing to be ashamed about

Thanks

JJ

Most people here are not even aware that I have been actively reading this Forum since 2006. My profile shows that I joined in 2016, which is true. It took me an entire decade to get up enough nerve for post #1 prior to that. No posts meant no account needed, for me during that part of my life.

I am not regretful or ashamed I didn't actively participate then. If I had a question, I could easily find the answer, because I wasn't the first to ask. Eventually I got more involved in the hobby, gained more experience, knowledge, ideas, and felt I had more to add to the community, so I created my account then. I don't feel the need to catch up to anyone in post counts, but I do enjoy when my posts get a few likes. :D 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Coffee at 6:30 pm? Why not.

It's been chilly and this old place heats unevenly, so I put some wool on.

Made some malted mochas with a heavy Ovaltine mix. After dinner it doesn't have to be black coffee for me, that's my breakfast staple. Snow has stopped, it was just enough to look like a good frost.

PXL-20220121-235140181.jpg

At least my hands are warm again!

• Like 4

• Moderators
On 2/6/2014 at 8:33 AM, Tarheel said:

My morning routine has me enjoying a cup or two of non GMO, environmentally friendly, green, expensive, co-op purchased, coffee while reading the latest in the cable debate now on page 19 in one thread and a "hot topic" in two others.

Pursuing Cal's thread that wandered a bit and ended up in a discussion of coffee I would like to pick the brain of the serious coffee drinkers here and get some suggestions, tips, and advice.

Here are the particulars. I usually do not grind my own beans. I drink two cups in the morning....that's it. Expensive to me is more than $10 a pound. I am not particularly loyal to any brand or purveyor. I have a Keurig but routinely use a Mr. Coffee. I guess among serious coffee drinkers, to use an audio comparison, I am in the boom box stage.

So what would be a step up?

Coming up on 7 years on this thread. Coffee while reading a cable thread, now to find that thread. 

• Like 1

Mornin' all

The usual Mexican beans. Wife prefers the Peruvian, but... when I'm buying, I get  what I like. The Peruvian is good [and a mghty fine substitution], but the light roast [acid] upsets my stomach. Drinking a glass of milk first helps...

Happy to see the thread back...

and where is @Tarheel? Snow/iced in?

6AM.... about time to roust the neighbors with a trip to doghouse.  Me being "quiet" is enough to be heard off the property... LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Morning grasshopper!  Haven't been on the forum much lately.

Ice and 24 degrees here getting up to 40 today.  Power went out around 5:45 am preventing the auto coffee grinder to keep it's 6:00 appointment.  Lit the gas stove to boil water and then the power comes back on.  So one cup under the belt and headed back to the kitchen.

As for the lock I guess we all need to stick to the 97 out of 100 things we can discuss and leave the other 3% for Face Book.  Nuff said about that.........

• Like 4

Thought it was a little bit more unique than that @wstrickland1 ! After searching and finding out that juvenile show lives in fan-wikis and is legendary now in Japan I tried to watch the first episode. He had that flashlight thing-a-ma-bob but didn't say anything the first time... and I could not take anymore of that dubbed pre-teen show.

@Tarheel 

Sorry, I do think I was guilty of "engaging" thought * (part of it) was for positivity...

It's history.

Edited by JohnJ

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Thought it was a little bit more unique than that @wstrickland1 ! After searching and finding out that juvenile show lives in fan-wikis and is legendary now in Japan I tried to watch the first episode. He had that flashlight thing-a-ma-bob but didn't say anything the first time... and I could not take anymore of that dubbed pre-teen show.

It was the Beta Capsule and Hayata didn't say anything when he "ignited" it, rather Ultraman would say scwatch when his light was blinking and he had to fly away. As you may or may not know, Ultraman's energy depletes rapidly in earth's atmosphere and if that light on his chest quits blinking,  well let's say it won't be a good time....

• Like 1