Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

I like to talk about food and I watch TV

Just saw an ad for products such as cauliflower crust pizza, Mexican style street corn, an acia dish, cauliflower mac-n-cheese and a VEGGIE HEMP BOWL...

who woulda thought? I can't imagine eating hemp. The seed are quite tasty ... flowers and leaf have chemicals to make it unpalatable.

• Like 3

1/2 pot of coffee down. Looking for something to do [besides housework]. With the wife pulling double duty, the trickle down means I get more work, too. So... it's time to crank up the music.I get to listen to the garage system, RP600M/Yamaha CR-840 on weekends. I sure enjoy the LS after listening to the little speakers. A quantum difference between. The RP's thump... but the LS are more refined

Boy is "cleaning" the cottage. Looks like he moving out or he is planning on moving his GF in. I see a lot of non WAF stuff put away. He hasn't said dookie about what he is up to

Had to chuckle at his cleaning efforts. He has rugs that have never been vacuumed. It's been over a year and he has dogs. Thought he  could clean them with one pass of the vac..  I went to fetch our vacuum back. While I was there, I did a thorough vacuuming on half of one of the rugs... leaving a clean spot.... I can be a real donkey when I want. Among many other jobs I have had, I used to clean furniture and carpet professionally.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, JohnJ said:

My brother loves the mexican street corn and say he's made a pretty close copy of it. Cauliflower, yep it has to have flavor on it, but to me it kills the other flavor. Dough is better under a pizza;)

I’ve made some pretty good Elote over charcoal on my Big Green Egg.

Most of my kids seem to like it as well.

• Like 2

That looks good! Remember making pizza when I was little... helping make it. Always munched on mozzarella dipped in the sauce that was the same as spaghetti except more oregano. We'd pop a can of biscuits open then spread and squish them out in the big pan. It was usually sausage, onion and bell pepper. Since I was a teen it's sausage, shrooms, pepperoni, ripe olives... best combo that I can eat after 7pm without the pepper & onion heartburn when I go to bed :lol:

• Like 1

You guys made me hungry. Had to pull the ravioli out of the fridge so I can put the pyrex in the oven in a couple hours for my meal today. I don't make `em, they were Celentano beef buy one get one. Made sauce with sauteed mushrooms, onion and garlic.

*Yep I take shortcuts when they put it together for less $ than I can

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

I like making pizza dough from scratch with slow rise yeast.

Letting the dough proof in the fridge for a day or two makes the flavor really nice.

The BGE can run up to around 750° which works well with a good pizza stone in it.

But, we eat a lot of frozen pizzas as well.

• Like 3

Here's your payback guys.

It was pretty good, I fixed the too much parm with pulling more sauce out from under them. Texting and hitting the bottom of the parm jar at the same time aren't advised! At least the phone didn't get in there.

PXL-20220124-183847123.jpg

Bogo got me three meals out of the first bag. So that's about $3.00 a meal with everything else included. & I'm stuffed after this. Wouldn't cut it as a thirty year old but it does now.

• Like 3

ECFC517B-D91A-45D5-98C2-C1C6886EB1C0.thumb.jpeg.788036b086e554bbb3395923f03e38ac.jpeg

That grill TOTALLY has a coolness rating of 9.5.  I've never seen one like that.  I guess it would work but how long do you have to cook it before the crust is done?  Is there a lid to keep the heat in?  Novel idea for sure.  Taste the charcoal/wood?  Make dough?  Yea, ok...  I usually just doctor up a frozen one.  :)

Yup, I'm working nite shift more and more.  Crib at 3 and up @1130.  I do have my coffee though.  :)  

More snow hitting to add to the 4 inches out there now.  Suited up yesterday to blow the drive and my neighbor had already done it.  Maybe he's getting tired of raking leaves to and wants me to drive around his yard w/the sweeper.  Either way I owe him one.  :)

@JohnJDon't start w/that food yet bud.  I just had a cube steak for breakfast.  😂

• Haha 2