Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Big day tomorrow!  Time for a lil birthday partay in here!   ALWAYS a laff as long as I've been a member of this gaggle.  Hats off to @Tarheel for starting the thread Feb 6, 2014. 

It started with coffee, then just kept growing.  Cables,  Cocktails & Cycles have all been added over the years. 

"They say change is good" but is it really?  Eight years later we've been "introduced" to Red Bull, Monster's and Starbucks to name a few.  Seriously??? 

Just give me my coffee,  Forget the name on the cup cause you even screw that up and could care less.  Forget the cream and sweetner cause that's NEVER right either AND H3LL will freeze over before I sit in line waiting @ the drive thru window!.  Just gimme my darn cup of coffee.   Never mind, I'll make my own.

Need a new coffee maker?  This IS the place!  Ya, need anything at all you get an answer in here.  Kinda, maybe!  lol

Sooooo, do ya wash your mug or just keep reusing it cause it adds a lil "flavor?

Tarheel

February 6, 2014 · Report post

My morning routine has me enjoying a cup or two of non GMO, environmentally friendly, green, expensive, co-op purchased, coffee while reading the latest in the cable debate now on page 19 in one thread and a "hot topic" in two others.

Pursuing Cal's thread that wandered a bit and ended up in a discussion of coffee I would like to pick the brain of the serious coffee drinkers here and get some suggestions, tips, and advice.

Here are the particulars. I usually do not grind my own beans. I drink two cups in the morning....that's it. Expensive to me is more than $10 a pound. I am not particularly loyal to any brand or purveyor. I have a Keurig but routinely use a Mr. Coffee. I guess among serious coffee drinkers, to use an audio comparison, I am in the boom box stage.

So what would be a step up?

Thanks Chuck!  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eight years....where does the time go?  Happy birthday to all the regulars and the occasional guest who pass through looking for a light read and end of making a friend or two along the way!  It has been a blast and to the extent all who visit are made to feel welcome regardless of their audio acumen then I'm pleased.

Great work guys and let's go for a few more years😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Mornin' all

Our winter is subsiding. 70's toward the end of the week.

Back to one of our "regular" coffees. Peruvian.  That is the wife's preference and she went to the store. We resorted to a dark/light blend for a few days. Wife sez "This tastes burned", and bought some light roast.

the nice weather is making me want to stir some dirt and plant some seeds. Lettuce will do OK with the cold nights. Getting about time to start tomatoes, too. I'll have to make a space for them indoors.

• Like 3

Peruvian huh? Had some I've liked, but love my Colombian if I can find any that that tases good. Can not find that flavor that I remember from buying big red 2 1/2 lb cans at the grocery store for $6.00 anymore though. Colombian Pink Bourbon La Cinta? Tried it but $40 for a pound and a half is too much.

Got two pounds of Sumatra for that and those are nice rich tasting beans even if I get medium instead of dark roast.

& like Dave said above no sugar allowed.. those two varieties are sweet already... ya know like carrots are really sweet or cooked onions are too? Need to make dinner, it's ten `till six think I'm hungry again.

• Haha 2

Yep it's too much $ in my mind also @grasshopper but the slippery slide from those cans to $10/lb at harbucks in the early 90s when my favorite Folgers changed has had me searching since. Without transpo for almost a year now and you know who at the helm almost everything I buy I'd rather let rot on the shelf at that price.

But man.... this stuff I'm drinking still at 11:30 is mighty good:)

• Like 2

On 2/7/2022 at 10:22 AM, grasshopper said:

Getting about time to start tomatoes, too. I'll have to make a space for them indoors.

Do you solemnly swear you're only starting tomatoes?

IF you're talking about the Waste Management PGA stop in Phoenix it just started yesterday.  Youngest is working at the pro-dudes door to the clubhouse.  Then switches off with another chica back on 16.  Guess that's the "locals" hole where they watch and hang.

I saw about 5 videos of her's the other day.  She was playing w/some dude who I heard telling her what to do on Sunday.  Can't be any good or he'd have been playing somewhere for big bucks.  hahaha  

• Haha 1

The Red Sails leaf lettuce has been my fave the last decade, it is healthy and it tastes GOOD. Not like a handful of grass out of the backyard:wacko2:

Outta bread will have to do better but I'm full anyhow, had to stop halfway so it could be for tomorrow also that's where the coffee comes in handy... the biscotti too!

PXL-20220210-234647660.jpg

PXL-20220211-000811139.jpg

YUM!

• Like 3