Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

CLEVELAND -  Neil Morse Band "Innocense & Danger" tour last night?  Road trip up to the show and WOW what a show it was.  Went up with some guys who I've hung with since kids.  I was the vinyl man and they were gonna learn how to play.  Today I'm STILL the vinyl man and those guys are great so we all hit the road.  Yup, prog/fusion slays me and these guys ARE going places.  Neal is fantastic as are the rest of the guys.  Michael Portnoy on drums?  THAT sealed the deal.  Hit YouTube for their videos.  The venue "Beachland Ballroom" is also a great venue.  Small and FAMILY oriented.  That means no pot, plenty of beer and zero morons.  You're down and cookin!  Ticket prices?  $60???  Unheard of today for a 3-hour tour.  There's your heads up soooo hit their website and check out the tour.  IF ya don't like the show I'll refund your ticket money.  Don't hold your breath on that one but you WILL thank me later!  :)

Yes my cell is 10 years old and it stinks for photos but I only cut off the lead guitar.  lol  FML...  😂

IMG-20220215-214620282.jpg

• Like 5

Having my coffee this AM and we get buzzed by4 red helis with unfamiliar/no markings and one black heli w/o markings.

That was new/different. Wonder what's goin' on. Didn't spend any time lingering and took off due east... that was different, too. They usually follow the roadways.

Dave,

looks like fun. I'd have to drink soda/s. I can barely finish a [one glass of] beer w/o finding myself sitting on the floor.

I'm a cheap date.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Wonder what's goin' on.

Change is good "they" say!  It'll sort.

Cheap date?  I was drinkin diet Pepsi and gnawin on a "Nashville Chicken" sammich.  Naturally it was their hottest sauce, smothered in cole slaw and topped with a couple pickle slices.  5 star imo!  They actually had CANNED beer.  Haven't seen that in YEARS @ a venue.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yaaaassss the snow is melting off and I almost have a moat around my house.  Funny!  Now high winds, a drop from a mid-50's high today down into the 30's with heavy rain  and snow coming in.  Should be peachy!  Then high temps this wkend for another melt down.  Who cares have plenty of coffee.  :)

No red choppers this morning that i saw @grasshopper.  All quiet!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Always thought Gin smelled like lighter fluid

Can't do it at all

On 2/15/2022 at 9:29 AM, jason str said:

Always thought Gin smelled like lighter fluid. Sometimes liked a good Long Island iced tea though.

Try Tanqueray with 7UP on ice ,   you might like it , some use Ginger ale  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 001 said:

Try Tanqueray with 7UP on ice ,   you might like it , some use Ginger ale  

I quit drinking and lighter fluid mixed with anything still tastes like lighter fluid.

Early times and coke was good.

Asked the bartender if she had Early times and she replies we open at 9:00 on weekdays. 😟

• Haha 3

Did the tonic water change like ate-up did a few years back? 

C is for chicken tonight! Although it didn't turn out right... you need a chili-pot to make dumplings. A 4.5 qt just doesn't work for a 6 or so qt recipe, course if I had held back with the 5lb chicken and the whole box of Anne's Dumplings it might have worked.

Still tastes like one of my all time favorite meals!

& Blue Oyster Cult had the ambience duty tonight.

PXL-20220218-234242498.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Did the tonic water change like ate-up did a few years back? 

C is for chicken tonight! Although it didn't turn out right... you need a chili-pot to make dumplings. A 4.5 qt just doesn't work for a 6 or so qt recipe, course if I had held back with the 5lb chicken and the whole box of Anne's Dumplings it might have worked.

Still tastes like one of my all time favorite meals!

& Blue Oyster Cult had the ambience duty tonight.

PXL-20220218-234242498.jpg

the other night, wife sez she wants mashed potatoes.

OK.. that's easy. Keeping with "easy", I nuked a couple brats [hot dogs actually - 1/4lb hot dogs] and what goes with that? Sauerkraut, of course

Haven't had that since I was a kid .... still tasted good.

• Like 4

Brats are the staple around here.  All German, so yup quite a few different recipes over the years.  Used to be a lot of markets then the old guys died off and they closed.  One major place here in town but a couple other markets have their own recipes.  Then ya have the wannabes and their recipes.  Kroger has a couple varieties.  They don't know squat about brats.  lol

• Like 3

On 2/15/2022 at 7:57 AM, Invidiosulus said:

You can’t believe everything you see on the internet.

Booth and I were chatting about the prairie oyster drink and how the character in the anime Cowboy Bebop appears to make one with gin.

In the show all the labels are drawn slightly different from the familiar brands in our present reality.

Hence, Boofeater, etc.

235E7A45-6BB3-4AF9-AC07-C3FD57944EC8.jpeg.5c986c7eabade8ab7bf0eddfa44172d1.jpeg

Have you seen the live action Cowboy Bebop?  It’s great!  You can get it on Netflix.  It was a series, but sadly wasn’t renewed after the first season, so there are only ten episodes, but I enjoyed them all.  It’s 18+, because of “Sexuality, Nudity, Drugs, Violence, Gore, and Smoking”.  That last one made me laugh.  John Cho plays the Japanese guy, Mustafa Shakir plays the black guy, and Daniella Pineda plays the tricky hottie, who can’t be trusted.  The dog is in it, but doesn’t get a lot of character development.  And yes, the brands of things are just a bit off, like in the anime.

The violence is over-the-top John Wick-style stuff, which makes it funny rather than sickening, but it’s definitely a darker show than the anime.  Check it out!  Maybe if it gets enough viewers we’ll get to see a second season or more.

• Like 3

On 2/15/2022 at 6:29 AM, jason str said:

Always thought Gin smelled like lighter fluid. Sometimes liked a good Long Island iced tea though.

Some whiskeys taste like lacquer thinner to me, but I’ve always got room for Baileys.  I’ve always liked liqueurs more than regular drinks anyway.

• Like 3