Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Like to find some of that Dom's B&B, remember that from long ago. My mom gave me a spoonful when I was sick with a bad cough and I asked for another, she said NO.

I recall it warmed me up like maybe what the giant St Bernard snow rescue dogs had in the barrel on their collars :rolleyes:.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Brats are the staple around here.  All German, so yup quite a few different recipes over the years.  Used to be a lot of markets then the old guys died off and they closed.  One major place here in town but a couple other markets have their own recipes.  Then ya have the wannabes and their recipes.  Kroger has a couple varieties.  They don't know squat about brats.  lol

Around these parts, turf wars were fought over who made better beer, and who made better sausages. Usinger Famous Sausage has been operating the same business, same place, still doing it the old way, since 1880. I can walk right in the door of their original factory location and buy it directly from them. It's like when I go to Colby, Wisconsin (Pop. 2038) just to buy Colby cheese, because, yeah they invented it. Not even going to try to engage the battle of the beer barrons around here though.

For those of you who live on the coast, and your like, "Bro, what is a brat anyway", just check the blog...

https://blog.usinger.com/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Every once in a decade, I feel like I need to endulge in some real heart attack enducing cuisine. Today's meal came from a familiar place, but one I rarely have the chance to go to anymore.

Jimmy' Grotto. No big deal. A total dive to go in. But it's literally the only place that I ever heard of around here that makes this one dish. 

It's called a Ponza Rotta here, but it technically is a Panzerotti. Think of it as your favorite pizza, put on steroids, rolled up like a giant pizza pocket, then deep fried. It's the kind of thing you need to check with your doctor to ask if your healthy enough for this. Better roll up those sleeves, and bring like 12 napkins.

ff35c9310a7d5016e76853b0df7d033449d793b6f6dc2e4a0b4bc844add6c385.jpeg

r8s6dre58rid41os5hxk77mof7a2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2022 at 4:53 PM, jason str said:

I quit drinking and lighter fluid mixed with anything still tastes like lighter fluid.

Early times and coke was good.

Asked the bartender if she had Early times and she replies we open at 9:00 on weekdays. 😟

And when you asked, "Can I see the menu, please?", did she reply, "The men I please are none of your business."?

• Haha 4

can't say I've had those either.

Morning all.

The "storm" blew through. We dinna get much more than lots of wind.... A smattering of rain. I didn't see any snow. I didn't look, TBH. Tucson got more weather than here. Laughing at the reporters. Drive 50 miles to get to some snow. All dressed in arctic gear and trying to make snow angels.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tried cotton candy once when I was past 20 and I could not stand how sweet it was. I'd rather have pancakes with good maple syrup and sausage than a funnel cake too!

Sucks being me lately, I've had my c cards back to zero every month for a good while now. If bro waits too long I'll order one and take it out of somewhere somehow. In a bad version of the Twilight Zone since last summer. The old fridge that I bleached the heck out of when I came here croaked and I lost $$ in frozen meats this mornin'.

At least it was a 70 degree day here, muggy but it sure was nice!

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

did ya have a big bbq? or was it too far gone?

Too far for me man, the meat was totally thawed even a roast was soft throughout.

After the big transplant "they" gave me 8 years for a life expectancy. It'll be 21 yrs on 4/1 this year!!

So... soft venison with dates of 20-21 season on them are gone. Two 3lb packages of Wrights bacon... out the door, bogo chicken-prosciutto tortellini and angus meatballs also bogo gone.

• Sad 2

Quiet here for the most part.  Weather coming with some snow and cold then warming up some.  Who knows?  

I did spy w/my wittle eye on fb that The Museum is having a drawing for a pair of Khorns Serial Numbers 1 & 2 down in Hope in March.  800 tickets @ $25 each or 5 for $100.  Might have to jump a lil instead watching the results and wondering if...  #1 and 2?  Prolly the closest as I'll get to owning them but maybe.   :)

Info in the PWK Birthday Bash thread  :)  

• Like 2

That makes two of us Bill.  Ya never know though and it only takes one to take 'em home.  Fly down to Hope, harass the troops, rent a Uhaul van and head North!  Perfect road trip!  Nope, not to your place but back here.  :)  Wonder if they even have a Uhaul place there.  Hmmmm , thinking about it more that would cost some bucks.  Maybe I can con someone out of their pick-up...  I'll figure out the logistics when they notify me.  

• Haha 1

I've been exercising the RP600M's and the [vintage] Yamaha receiver with some ZZ Top. I don't have a lot of music that begs to be cranked up. The speakers and amp performed nicely. I only pushed it to half volume... That was loud enough to rattle things. This amp generates some heat. It only got so warm and then stabilized [after I tossed some burgers on]... jk jk. 

Anyone remember the vibrating "electric" football games? I was watching stuff bouncing around on the [plastic] lid of my tobacco can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1