Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

it's   Paska Easter Bread ,  sweet , with  raisins  , some add glaze  or sugar , for  spring  , and the crop to come .

Ukrainian Food - 23 Popular and Delicious Recipes Recommended by a Local -  Nomad Paradise

I will be baking some Paska here in the next couple of weeks.  I add Turmeric for a more savory flavor and slightly yellow-er presentation.  Good stuff!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, babadono said:

Not legal in Germany too?

No, not yet legal. However, the new government wants to change this by law in the current legislative period and officially legalize the sale of cannabis. Up to 5 grams of cannabis in private possession and as a private consumer is already not punishable.

• Like 2

@JohnJ   I was counting egg shells in that waste basket.  😂

Monday was tax prep which sucked beyond belief.  lol  Funny how kids laff at old ppl and politics always whining about taxes...  Some day they might get it.  Maybe!

THEN I headed out for a 1.5 hour drive each way to my dentist's office.  Walked in and his receptionist says, "What are you doing here?  Your appointment is Wednesday @ 2 not today.  Back in the car and another 1.5 hours home.  THAT is totally out of character for me to screw up like that.  So took a day off today and to a VM.  Yup, one of the girls at the office calling me to "remind" me of my appt on WEDNESDAY @ 2.    THEN I got a phone call from one of the other girls later reminding me again.  Yup, you're right I got ANOTHER reminder a while later.    TOMORROW they pay! hahaha.  Gonna tell 'em they need more to do.  hahaha  :)

Talking 75 tomorrow w/wind gusts possibly 50mph.  SOME day it may just break and become spring again.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Monday was tax prep which sucked beyond belief.  lol  Funny how kids laff at old ppl and politics always whining about taxes...  Some day they might get it.  Maybe!

THEN I headed out for a 1.5 hour drive each way to my dentist's office.  in.

a glutton for punishment, are you?  I won't challenge "worse"... The dentist could have muzak piped in thru bose....

Our weather passed by. rain, wind, hail and a little sunshine between...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

That's easy, at least you didn't try to count the pismashio shells!

Yep pismashios... you would have to have been there when we were snowed in for that five day weekend.

One line in this describes it well:smile:

Good morning All!

• Haha 3

.... and ya get down to the ones that are barely split....

wouldn't know anything happened yesterday. Sun is blazing. The ground is a little soft. I'll have to look better, but I'm thinking we got close to 1/2in of rain. That will bring the weeds up. The plants, down here, are amazing. If the seed sprouts, it will make seed/s. The plant might be an inch tall.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, grasshopper said:

.... and ya get down to the ones that are barely split....

Ah h&((, you're right on time!

That's exactly where it came from when our fingers were stained red and they were the last in the bowl !!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

THEN I headed out for a 1.5 hour drive each way to my dentist's office.  Walked in and his receptionist says, "What are you doing here?  Your appointment is Wednesday @ 2 not today.  Back in the car and another 1.5 hours home.  THAT is totally out of character for me to screw up like that.  So took a day off today and to a VM.  Yup, one of the girls at the office calling me to "remind" me of my appt on WEDNESDAY @ 2.    THEN I got a phone call from one of the other girls later reminding me again.  Yup, you're right I got ANOTHER reminder a while later.    TOMORROW they pay! hahaha.  Gonna tell 'em they need more to do.  hahaha  :)

Talking 75 tomorrow w/wind gusts possibly 50mph.  SOME day it may just break and become spring again.

7 hours ago, NADman said:

If my dentist couldn't arrange something after that drive I would be looking for a new dentist.

This guy married a friend and he's a fantastic dentist.  Just a good ole boy from West Va. originally with 30 years of being a dentist.  He really doesn't rape wallets like so many do today.  He's funny as crap and yup they all decided they were gonna call the old man and remind him of his appointment.  

Youngest is in Phoenix, helped this dentist's wife in her business for about a year so he was her dentist.  He's a high dollar dentist and makes piles of money she said.  Youngest goes in for a cleaning and has a small cavity filled for $1300.  So on the way out he runs his drill across her lower lip opening it up?  That much fun for that kinda money?   She said he felt terrible and said he'd work with it and "fix it" up for no charge.  Of course he took her money. 

Here in Duckburg, you may as well forget about it.  12k people and just as many dentists as there are pizza places.  All equally bad imo.  Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon!  :)

:)

• Like 2