Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Sometimes you just do things that you don't understand yourself. Today at noon, it was cloudy and windy, I went to our mailbox. To get there I have to walk about 0.2 mile down the hill. I got there and it was empty! Then I decided to walk a few more meters . That turned into about 12 miles. I went to our nearby lake and watched some technicians start up a Ferris wheel. At Easter there is a big lake festival. Hopefully we will have better weather then.

Rad1.thumb.jpg.343a5e598cadd502a57ab0374ab98c50.jpgRad2.thumb.jpg.e7d2faf747756b4d6767a895e23021ff.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hope we get rain for the next week or so.  I like a nice lawn and this place sucks!  Guess it's time to show a few of the dime store millionaires what a nice lawn looks like.  Ha.  Made a couple hour road trip to pick up 50# of grass seen.  Stopped and got 3 flats of yes, "pansies!"  Should look good in the front planner.   Got home, fired up the tractor, coupled the spreader and put it down.  Had some rain in the morning so that helped a bit.  Rain tomorrow and off and on for about another week so I should be good.  Maybe.  Yup, worthless today  :)  lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Hope we get rain for the next week or so.  I like a nice lawn and this place sucks!  Guess it's time to show a few of the dime store millionaires what a nice lawn looks like.  Ha.  Made a couple hour road trip to pick up 50# of grass seed. 

.  Yup, worthless today  :)  lol

Jim Stafford... Wild wood weed?

• Haha 1

feels like that here...

I did an experiment

We have cats... plenty

I dumped a #20 bag of birdseed on the ground. [No birds sprouted] When the birds came to feed, it was a scene from The Birds.Seemed like hundreds would rain down. They would hang out for, maybe, a minute and left the same way. The sound was kinda intimidating.

That bag of seed lasted a couple weeks, which was a lot longer than I expected.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yea, all I can think about here is people that just "feed" the wrens.  All they eat are thistle seed.  How come they don't have thistles???  Hey, maybe I could still feed them indirectly w/o the thistles.  Throw a few handfuls over in the neighbors yard.  Nope, they grow seeds too and would wind up in my yard.  I've had it!  Why don't those kids stay in their own yards and stay off my grass!  That's it.  It's those durn kids!  😂

• Haha 2

Geeze I'm beat. Did laundry, Walked to the store twice this morning. This afternoon I changed bedrooms to one with one window instead of three. The cars without exhaust, PLUS  a loose plug or wire so that all four aren't running... their reverb between the church and the two big windows won't bug me all hours of the night any more 👏🙌.

Then I got taken to a real grocery store for the first time since January, $250 today and I'm set except for milk and eggs until May! 

• Like 2

Not one for late dinners but today it's great. had my Shredded Wheat this morning with coffee but nothing since.

It was called Texas Hash by my mother. lb beef 2med yel onions 1 grn pepper salt, chili powder then *1 can tomatos, egg noodles and simmer a half hour. The siracha is just `cause I didn't want to cut the ripe j a p s  

PXL-20220409-014713418.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
* can't forget the tomatos!
  • Haha 3

I usually like a mueslix for a cold cereal with nuts and dates or raisins, but they had the big wheats ( they're light and hollow now) on sale and I got them maple syrups is good or brown sugar!

• Like 2

It's usually coffee for me. A box of cereal will last a month or two, but the meat and eggs plus grits... once a week or so. Got a bogo on English muffins week before last & some good Canadian bacon. Had eggs benedict for over a week straight 2 each morning!

• Like 1

Y'all make me feel like a  P I G.

My typical breakfast is 3 eggs... fried, scrambled or omelette. Fried potatoes, some kind of meat, coffee and 2 slices of toast.

I got some funny looks when I ordered a second plate of eggs Benedict when I was in Australia...

My first trip over there, I booked a room at a pub. Made it easy to get back after a night of drinking. The place served breakfast, but, you had to order it the night before, as they weren't open to the public for breaky... The room was $10/night... breakfast seemed expensive - $6 ...

However, breakfast consisted of 2 fried eggs, sausage, lamb chop, toast ,coffee and OJ

• Like 2