Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Spent yesterday at one of our remote sites to help Charter/Spectrum troubleshoot what was happening when they tried to upgrade our fiber optic connection at the main office.

This was the fourth time they tried it and after a couple hours they ended up trying it with a different piece of equipment and it magically worked.

oh well, at least it wasn’t my equipment or configuration that was causing the issue.

I walked outside after we finished and was greeted with this view.

9B450C70-71ED-4861-AA04-6EB5231822D1.thumb.jpeg.41dc871233bf43f037b02376d5628523.jpeg

I also picked up some coffee while I was over that way.

2AE87D83-329D-4EB8-B493-115604E09ECB.thumb.jpeg.ccc70ebe2f90243b5dabbff2ff5b1330.jpeg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, RandyH said:

gotta try that .

Find a recipe for a real Eastern NC vinegar based sauce instead of doing like my experiment and it would be more like the real thing. The hickory chips did help to make mine better that time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@Invidiosulus I've used mesquite with salmon before and dang that was such a good thing I've done it several times!

I’ve used mesquite on the salmon before as well but last night I used some cherry wood chips. 

Mesquite is usually my favorite but the kids get a little tired of how “spicy” the smoke flavor gets so I tend to switch it up with some fruit woods.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Aren't you where you could scavenge for dried out mesquite @grasshopper ?

I've used hickory for pork, made red pepper and vinegar sauce to marinate it in. Wasn't great like Eastern NC Bar-B-Que but resembled it!

mesquite IS firewood here

when I was on Kauai, I kept hearing of this magical bbq wood...kiewe

turns out that kiewe is Hawaiian for mesquite. Yeah... it grows there, too

...and Happy Easter

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, grasshopper said:

mesquite IS firewood here

when I was on Kauai, I kept hearing of this magical bbq wood...kiewe

turns out that kiewe is Hawaiian for mesquite. Yeah... it grows there, too

...and Happy Easter

All of the main trainers in the Pokémon series are named after different trees.

In Pokémon Sun and Moon when they are in the “Alola” region one of the main characters is a trainer named Kiawe who specializes in fire-type Pokémon.

• Like 2

I'll buy that but the only thing I know about Pokeman anything is about 20 years ago the neighbor girl and my two were playing under a tree out back.  I started the cub cadet up to mow and the neighbor girl told me to not run over her Pokeman chips they were playig with in the grass.  I told her to pick them up cause I wasn't mowing around them.  She got all cutesy with me.  The second lap around the house the were still laying in a pile so I mowed over them and just kept on driving.  Spit chunks of those chips everywhere.  Wanna talk melt down?

She did get even though I had just finished a Mario game on the "kids" Nintendo 64.  I was all proud of myself.  When I was done naturally I fired up the Nintendo.  She'd erased my game.  Lil red headed witch she was.  Still laffs at me about it.  lol  

Moral to the story?  There isn't any or is there?  😂  Lil witch!

• Haha 4