Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

20 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

Maybe, it looked like it must have been a really low speed impact.

A lot of people at the far end of the street use my neighbors driveway to turn around.

a scratch in their paint is bucks....

I'm trying to stay indoors today. I'm half afraid I would get blown to Phoenix.... to say it delicately... a little blustery 20 - 25mph continuous .... never mind the gusts

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That constant wind like before a ts or hurricane hits used to come in late Jan or in Feb every year where I was living in NC. Something about where the mountains were in relation to the weather system moving through. Even that 25 constant is noticeable if you're trying to paint outside you might have to reschedule.  

Kielbasa anyone?

I just noticed that this is the same as my Chicken Cacciotti except for the fried chicken and pasta. Didn't have any bowties or anything so used egg noodles. Like it grilled with pepper and onions, this has a clove and gets tomatos and the pasta.

Just smells great at this point when it's almost browned good.

PXL-20220422-155435363.jpg

• Like 6

Talking 80's here this weekend then dropping with temps in the 30's at nite mid-week.  Typically Ohio weather in the spring.  Hope spring just doesn't shoot right into summer too soon like it's done the past several years.  Few more appointments next week and I'll be caught up for a few months.  Doctors must need the money.  Think I'll go do some dishes.  Might just throw a steak on later.  Propane tanks prollly empty though.  lol  Ha!  Got a letter for jury duty here in Duckburg yesterday.  $75 a day.  Like I need a part time job for 3 months?  

I run it w/google maps so it can yell that shortest route to me.  Gotta turn this on, that on, make sure this is running then maybe.  The other day I prolly spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why it wouldn't work then I realized I have to push the lil cassette into the radio.  Perfect but it cost me 30 minutes of drive time.  Amazing.  Kids?  3 minutes...  Go figure. :)

• Like 2

Bought the biggest SIM card for my phone.  Had the oldest daughter moving stuff but it was AFTER she took my big card and put it in her phone.  She just had a lil one in her's.  Told me I'd never use that big of a card anyway.  Right...  Shenegan's if you ask me!  lol

• Haha 2

....out in the doghouse

still battling with signal strength on the wi-fi

buffering       buffering

with what it's getting, the poor machine can't walk and chew gum at the same time. 

this Yammy receiver has 1 aux and 2 tape in. Took a few seconds to figure who I needed to monitor to play the computer 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

.  Shenegan's if you ask me!  lol

cracks me up  everytime  .....my new cell phone has 2 Sim cards. ....   but , I never told the kids or the Waf  ...hehehe 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

....out in the doghouse

still battling with signal strength on the wi-fi

buffering       buffering

you can use the internet from your phone  , just dont watch movies or videos

• Haha 1

Tossed some charcoal and a bunch of mesquite chunks in the BGE last night.

I let a couple of pork butts go for a couple hours before I wrapped em in paper.

I walked out this morning at 6:45 and the temp in the egg was still right on target.

CF5BE23F-64F8-4FFA-9628-ED0142474AFB.thumb.jpeg.a5c23dbf3efc27d8fb1cfdc4f40da168.jpeg

E194827D-1213-445D-AFD8-E857D4006925.thumb.jpeg.ff76f7ed9e7190ff8ea763e4d7ad4d01.jpeg

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Still 250 after 6 to 8 hours? I see how that $$ ceramic grill can earn it's keep!

Pork looks close to being right.

The best part is that once the temp stabilizes I don’t really have to check on it so I get a full nights sleep.

• Like 2

not much going on here....

cat brought a baby cottontail home. That made for a little something.

I'm surprised it was alive. This cat could severe a finger... I have no doubt. He routinely eats chicken thigh bones... starting with the knuckle 

I cut my hair and beard. Look like one of those fuzzy GI Joe's. If ya get rid of the chiseled chin and muscular build and has gray hair

and I am getting Gandhi comments from the wife... I think it's my ears. I dunno. She's not the first to say

.... and this keyboard is still taking some [more] time to get adjusting to. It;s small... sort of. None of the F keys. No number pad. The keyboard is regular size other than that ...

............it's more a typewriter

• Like 2

On 4/22/2022 at 7:19 AM, JohnJ said:

The ubiquitous skinny Florida room with the glass louvered windows from about two feet up must have been a fad for a period of time too.

You're talking about jalousie windows... they have a lot of those in the Philippines. Not sure if they are going into new construction, but that type of window is still made here, too.

• Sad 1