Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 hours ago, Islander said:

Not only does Walmart use hostile pricing like that, they’ve been known to try to bypass a town council that doesn’t want them to open a store in their town.  They’ve actually stated that they believe that the potential customers in the town need to have a local Walmart, regardless of what the elected officials believe.  The citizens know Walmart’s history and support the Council, but that’s irrelevant to Walmart, who have gone to court to be allowed to set up in places where they aren’t even wanted.

True, they decimated many towns across the USA when they put stores that had been there forever out of business.

I recall saying in my HS years that I'd never live further than walking distance from a K-mart. That's my generation.

Not being able to go and "fetch" necessary things, I used amazon fresh last year with limited success: fresh veggies - NO, Red Hots by Dietz & Watson - heck yeah! Xochitl or Late July tortilla chips - nope... crumbled from one but from wally.com packaged nicely and sent by reputable shipper = way less for the bottom of the chili or queso bowl more for the cookie sheet of nachos!

• Like 3

Great day!

Not that I've wanted to use it much, but found out the ac went out with the early Dec power surge a while back. A few nights were not good, won't leave windows open with 98% humidity. Set the machine to 60 and it will run twice an hour after the initial de-humidify. Let the cooler air in everyday when darksky verified it was lower that about 70%, turned off the dry the wet air machine then. It's set at 78 (that's l o o o w w for me) and cooling down the whole place right now

So it wasn't the surge, it was the manufacturer attaching electrical wires to the coolant line, which rubbed over the decade or so and had shorted just for me!

• Like 3

that stuff happens. Kinda wonder if the past servicing might have picked up on it before it let magic smoke

A little different today. Overcast. Temp is fine. Windows and doors wide open, except for an [over] abundance of air flow. Wind is normal. Clouds are odd. They were saying that May is our driest month.. with an average of 0.2 in for the month

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Islander said:

Not only does Walmart use hostile pricing like that, they’ve been known to try to bypass a town council that doesn’t want them to open a store in their town.  They’ve actually stated that they believe that the potential customers in the town need to have a local Walmart, regardless of what the elected officials believe.  The citizens know Walmart’s history and support the Council, but that’s irrelevant to Walmart, who have gone to court to be allowed to set up in places where they aren’t even wanted.

Example-Salmon Arm B.C.

• Thanks 1

With the state of things today whoever can give the best deal will get my $ if I need something. Now a days that has to include shipping. Including whether or not it might go through that state in the NE where that ten day black hole exists for one entity! It got me twice since the sci-fi existence or not great reset or whatever you call it started late `19. 

Twice in the last week or so getting up at 5am to go to the city, woke up at quarter till after sleeping heavily last night. Vacuumed and moped floors already, rainy out, dehumid set at 55 running about once an hour, second coffee at 8am.

• Like 2

It's just after 10 pm, I'm tired, spent the whole sunny day in the garden, mowed about 2000 square meters of lawn, cut the slope in front of the pool with the brush cutter, started to empty the pool. I´m done  for today... see ya all

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MicroMara said:

We have a saying: the early bird catches the worm

I've also heard that my whole life George, got a lot done early on but not much since mid-afternoon .

• Like 3

The models look good I particularly like the exhaust stains on the engines. Now where's the Millennium Falcon and the death star?  

* that video is great!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2

Pffffffft...  Randy in control???  Nope, have a nice flight.  I'll leave early an catch a military hop to Ramstein AFB and rent a VW hippie van.  Catch you all there unless I find a hot lil German chickie on the way.  I'll be there at some point.  Shouldn't be a problem cause that has to be a busy lil place right now.  :)

• Like 1