Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 5/7/2022 at 12:52 AM, Dave1291 said:

Beautiful place @MicroMara No disco ball in the pavilion or still using those pin spot strobes?   😂

Pppfffffhhhh ...Disco Balls ?  Strobes ?

Once a week I´m the DJ in our garden and invite some friends

laser2.gif.d3aea876345dc21a5b3af010737fe7ad.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I kinda slept in... 5:30

Polished off yesterday's coffee and am working on fresh mud.

Doors are open and the cats are ripping thru the place. Skidding around the turns on the wood floors. That's my entertainment.

Wife is sleeping thru it all

wind is up. Red flag. I'll be leaning into it.

Oh... I have an adapter to plug my camera's sd card into this new device. I managed to get pics into wherever it goes on this thing... the cloud. I've stumbled into the photo manipulation. Getting the pics to post is the new hurdle. I'll get it eventually.

I figured out how to set one of those digital watches with timers and stop watch [if my memory is correct. It was an Ironman Triathalon... I found it]...w/o the benefit of any instruction

• Like 2

FINALLY got about 7 hours of sleep last nite.  Ready to fire up the coffee shortly then thinking about breaking out the grill since it's supposed to be a decent day today.  Hope everyone has a nice Mother's day today.  Lots of memories of my mom today but I'm sure everyone has thoughts almost every day or so of their mother after they've passed.  Another bittersweet moment of the life cycle, which sucks but happens.

Temps going up into the high 70's this week w/a couple days in the low 80's.  THAT I can deal with.  Time to plant some flowers and become domesticated once again.  :)

Computers suck.  I've had a new laptop laying here for 3 years and I keep shaking my head every time I look at it.  Beyond me too @grasshopper looks nice laying here though.  :)

@Shiva he's a seasoned veteran when it comes to coffee.  It's that bowling alley mindset.  If it's there ya drink it til it's gone.  Kinda like beer yanno?  Factor in a sarong and the cats everywhere he's good to go!  Momma's prolly sleeping in w/the end of school coming soon.  Me?  I'm workin on bed sores when I crash anymore!    😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Shiva

Dave pretty much said it all. The beans I use are locally roasted Mexican. It was left in the pot overnight. And I drink it cold. Yes... it is good. Believe it or don't

good enough to open my eyes so I can make fresh w/o incident

Making chicken enchiladas. Roasting my chiles. Not attempting to make tortillas. That is one of those very simple recipes that require a tremendous amount of technique to execute properly

It's usually made with leftover cooked white meat. Today, we are cooking meat to use....

Pull the meat. Add sour cream, diced chiles, grated cheddar, green onion, sliced black olives and cilantro. Roll that into flour tortillas. Line them up in a pan. Cover with green enchilada sauce and bake until bubbly. If there is extra filling... not to worry. It's just chicken salad, really

• Like 2

The South and Central American beans have been the better ones affordable for me last couple years. Used to buy Kona once a year about this time. The blight they had then volcano damage all within a couple of years six or so ago messed them up. It wasn't worth the money last time. Jamaican? Nope too high:P and I mean the $.

Got my mind blown a while ago. Jumbo eggs were only 10 cents more that XLarge so I got `em.

Opened two and got three yolks!

What a trip

PXL-20220508-162943200.jpg

PXL-20220508-162950323.jpg

• Like 2

My dad's sister laughed with me about it and just said I wasn't a country boy! So it isn't unheard of, but it was a first for me. Was a bit much to put on my Neeses Sausage sandwich when scrambled but I made it work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/8/2022 at 7:08 PM, JohnJ said:

The South and Central American beans have been the better ones affordable for me last couple years. Used to buy Kona once a year about this time. The blight they had then volcano damage all within a couple of years six or so ago messed them up. It wasn't worth the money last time. Jamaican? Nope too high:P and I mean the $.

Got my mind blown a while ago. Jumbo eggs were only 10 cents more that XLarge so I got `em.

Opened two and got three yolks!

What a trip

PXL-20220508-162943200.jpg

PXL-20220508-162950323.jpg

Don't let his friends see this

eggs2.jpg.4389a248f713ecf74d303fa7a8f831d5.jpg

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Don't let his friends see this

Can't say that I get my money's worth too much anymore. If there are more I'll let you know.

Just breathing in the exhaust right now, SC:wacko: car registration is lacking, used to think it was grand when I was a teen!

I have to close the front window soon.

• Sad 1

shades of Mork and Mindy

I stumbled into being able to post pics.... just not here. Yet to downsize the files so I can post here.... that will come. It only took me a couple hours of pushing buttons before I got to posting a pic

wife was trying to help me by reading instructions... which assume you have a basic handle on computerese..... which tends to be a chinglish translation... By me figuring it out myself, I will remember how

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

shades of Mork and Mindy

I stumbled into being able to post pics.... just not here. Yet to downsize the files so I can post here.... that will come. It only took me a couple hours of pushing buttons before I got to posting a pic

wife was trying to help me by reading instructions... which assume you have a basic handle on computerese..... which tends to be a chinglish translation... By me figuring it out myself, I will remember how

postimages  dot  org

download their little windows app, it's a .zip.

No viri in there at all if you get it from their site! Unzip then double click on the .exe with the icon on it. It will put at their hosting sit the full gazillion gigabit pic your phone took and that you put in your pictures folder. By default it goes to your pics folder but you can point it anywhere. It will post here large and won't hurt the forums bandwidth.

Or bookmark their site and you upload it to them that way, either way it will give you a link to copy and post.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JohnJ said:

postimages  dot  org

download their little windows app, it's a .zip.

No viri in there at all if you get it from their site! Unzip then double click on the .exe with the icon on it. It will put at their hosting sit the full gazillion gigabit pic your phone took and that you put in your pictures folder. By default it goes to your pics folder but you can point it anywhere. It will post here large and won't hurt the forums bandwidth.

Or bookmark their site and you upload it to them that way, either way it will give you a link to copy and post.

I'm sorry... but ....????????

I don't speak that language. This is one reason I need to figure it out myself. I'm not above help... but, I am an idiot when it comes to computers

believe it or don't... I learned a little programming in HS and Jr college... COBOL, Fortran, basic.... I found that I have a problem with linear thought.

you might have noticed... my rambling posts

for what it's worth... I think this machine operates on android. Doesn't mean anything to me...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grasshopper said:

I'm sorry... but ....????????

I don't speak that language. This is one reason I need to figure it out myself. I'm not above help... but, I am an idiot when it comes to computers

believe it or don't... I learned a little programming in HS and Jr college... COBOL, Fortran, basic.... I found that I have a problem with linear thought.

you might have noticed... my rambling posts

for what it's worth... I think this machine operates on android. Doesn't mean anything to me...

take a coffee computing mug and it will work

computing.jpg.a1d923472423dfb7c8851dd92fb7e882.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/8/2022 at 12:47 PM, grasshopper said:

The beans I use are locally roasted Mexican.

We had a friend who, while he attended the college where I worked, would come down off Lookout Mountain and visit our church. One of our other members and his wife were over in Dalton, the carpet capitol of the world. They went into one of the many small Mexican groceries and bought some very inexpensive whole roasted beans as a joke for the student.

While visiting him later, he ground some beans and made a pot. It was really good! He got the last laugh!

• Like 3