Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 minute ago, Marvel said:

We had a friend who, while he attended the college where I worked, would come down off Lookout Mountain and visit our church. One of our other members and his wife were over in Dalton, the carpet capitol of the world. They went into one of the many small Mexican groceries and bought some very inexpensive whole roasted beans as a joke for the student.

While visiting him later, he ground some beans and made a pot. It was really good! He got the last laugh!

if it's fresh, Combate beans aren't awful.

Combate has/had a sugar roast - camelazado or something like that - that mud looked like black/brown paint. 

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2022 at 5:22 PM, JohnJ said:

My dad's sister laughed with me about it and just said I wasn't a country boy! So it isn't unheard of, but it was a first for me. Was a bit much to put on my Neeses Sausage sandwich when scrambled but I made it work.

I’ve partied with the Mrs. Neese at her college homecoming weekend a few years back. I think she’s still on the alumni board or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2022 at 7:10 PM, Marvel said:

We had a friend who, while he attended the college where I worked, would come down off Lookout Mountain and visit our church. One of our other members and his wife were over in Dalton, the carpet capitol of the world. They went into one of the many small Mexican groceries and bought some very inexpensive whole roasted beans as a joke for the student.

While visiting him later, he ground some beans and made a pot. It was really good! He got the last laugh!

Could that be the same Lookout Mountain that the Ventures were thinking of in their tune Cookout Freakout on Lookout Mountain?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

I’ve partied with the Mrs. Neese at her college homecoming weekend a few years back. I think she’s still on the alumni board or something.

Sure she's not the one from when their company started. If you ever see her or him again tell them their sausage is the only brand that I'll eat forever. Sorry Jimmy Dean I have tried yours, and you can't compete! Grew up with Neeses in CLT. They have a "satellite building" on N 28th St just N of downtown.

When in FL I'd come back 600mi buy the dry ice on 28th near their place take that and my excellent Spoon's BBQ about five lbs of each back down. Had a good deep freeze so it wasn't a problem as far a pork being frozen.

Now I'm doing it again, bought five lbs a couple weeks ago when in the city. 

• Like 2

Aright you all hold the place down.  I've got 4 bags of the cheap "garden soil w/fert" calling my name.  3 flats of yes, pansies have been calling my name for a month but the weather has sucked.  Today's the day to nail it.  Rains coming in for the weekend so shove 'em in a wittle hole, give em a lil drink of water w/some fertilizer in it and sit back.  :)

Why pansies?  Every year I troll the hood trying to find the "right" flower to plant.  This year when I picked up my grass seed I made a stop at a greenhouse.  It was the only thing they had out but I snagged them even though everyone will think I'm a pansy!  I just have NO idea what to put in that big planter.  Well, I do but I'd prolly wind up in jail here in Ohio.  😂

Then we have the flag to change out but I've NEVER seen as many knots in a wad of rope in my life!  Can't wait for that.  It's gonna be ugly!   😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I´m pissed , the F**k Online trade brings one sometimes to despair. A few months ago I ordered electrical goods in the Internet, had transferred the money and got from my bank the advice to cancel the transfer because it is a supplier with fraudulent intentions. So I withdrew the transfer. After that I look at a German supplier to buy the same electrical items there. Super professional website, very confidence inspiring. So I ordered the same electrical items there, transferred the money and waiting for weeks for delivery, Meanwhile I found out that it is a fakeshop, the money is gone. Last week I ordered a new soldering station in a "trusted store".  I received a completely desolate packed completely destroyed soldering station. After consultation with the supplier, I sent it back. Today I got the information that the supplier refuses to accept the soldering station because it is completely broken. I will call in my lawyer, I have had enough.

The Internet makes all these frauds possible, how do I miss the years when one was still confidently advised as well as could buy in stores personally. This world isn´t longer mine

• Sad 4

7 hours ago, grasshopper said:

still playing/experimenting with size. Sunset last night

DSCF1082.JPG

No sensor can capture this much difference between the bright parts and the dark parts in a scene.  Try using HDR (High Dynamic Range).  Most modern cameras and phones have this feature, and it brings the dynamic range down to what your camera’s sensor can handle, meaning the dark parts of the image won’t be so dark and the bright parts won’t be too bright.  Try your next high contrast picture with and without HDR switched on, and see which version you prefer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

The Internet makes all these frauds possible, how do I miss the years when one was still confidently advised as well as could buy in stores personally. This world isn´t longer mine

"And the people said "Amen""

We are half a world apart and feel exactly the same. Because things are the same the world over, although some refuse to see.

After I finished the yards and showered the dust off I had the blues.  No, not had... but spent a couple hours with three kings! BB King, Albert King w SRV and that other King. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

"And the people said "Amen""

We are half a world apart and feel exactly the same. Because things are the same the world over, although some refuse to see.

After I finished the yards and showered the dust off I had the blues.  No, not had... but spent a couple hours with three kings! BB King, Albert King w SRV and that other King. 

the internet opens the world to all of what is available.... unfortunately....scammers come with.

I won't go completely off on a rant... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1