Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Ran a two mile fun run with the four younger kiddos this evening.

The youngest, age 8 with the red hair was literally the fastest person there.

His PE teacher is now telling me he basically runs a 5k around the track during PE class “because it’s fun”, and his 1 mile time is 7:10.

My daughter with the red hair, age 11, was second, and middle son held back to keep pace with their friend so they were 3rd/4th.

And then my older daughter, age 12, and I were somewhere towards the back of pack but we made it in one piece.

Looks like daddy has his work cut out for him if he’s going to try to keep up with these guys.

DF6AE14D-0CB1-474B-8D7F-804299EBD96D.thumb.jpeg.43ee8319f46ef1c29e6727d55a6b0d8d.jpeg

2CE8A96E-AB2E-43D0-8D31-1815F2191161.thumb.jpeg.fb89e2aeb9157c1088ab6ab752b53ac6.jpeg

925BE060-551C-4E9B-91B7-F3B349925190.thumb.jpeg.83c4754f6e4d1b070485a62e79178da6.jpeg

• Like 6

19 hours ago, grasshopper said:

the internet opens the world to all of what is available.... unfortunately....scammers come with.

I won't go completely off on a rant... 

of course , if we haven´t the www. we weren´t able to do what we´re doing in modern interactive communication. Finally the Internet is just a mirror from the real world / life nothing else. 

• Like 2

I've never seen a kid that did not like a tie-dyed t-shirt.

If they start to like early 70s music like the Dead and other groovy bands later on they might wish they still had it. & You've got another! The gal in the back with her hand raised has the best one over her shoulder. That's the way mine were with a few extra twists on the shoulders and around the edges.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

Like turning on the broiler...

Well , in the previouse DDR ( east german democratic republic before reunification with west germany ) a Broiler was

broiler.jpg.b3b266851522e18b15faddef0d90388e.jpg

Same you meant ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I've never seen a kid that did not like a tie-dyed t-shirt.

If they start to like early 70s music like the Dead and other groovy bands later on they might wish they still had it. & You've got another! The gal in the back with her hand raised has the best one over her shoulder. That's the way mine were with a few extra twists on the shoulders and around the edges.

They like all sorts of music.

We are blasting some 70’s and 80’s vinyl on the LS this morning while we get the house in order for the in-laws to come visit tomorrow.

• Like 3

That's cool, sure your dad turned you on to a good bit of it!

Enjoy the visit, game 7 in an hour. Shouldn't have gotten this far but this years team is kind of sporadic to say the least.

• Like 1

My son has his evangelical church confirmation tomorrow. I have made him a cake. It consists of a 3 part Viennese chocolate base and is covered with 3 layers of a vanilla whipped cream, over which I have distributed colorful sugar sprinkles.

kuchen2.thumb.jpg.ca4fadfad30eaf571a7bda928609f3e1.jpgkuchen1.thumb.jpg.debbbe19d9b8366f351e822de7b9fd56.jpg

• Like 6

The description of what type of chocolate makes it sound delicious!

I heard that there was one around here that didn't appreciate the wonders of the cocoa bean (the edible kind)... it's not me.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The description of what type of chocolate makes it sound delicious!

I heard that there was one around here that didn't appreciate the wonders of the cocoa bean (the edible kind)... it's not me.

I know what you mean, but I even can´t remember who it was ...?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

My son has his evangelical church confirmation tomorrow. I have made him a cake. It consists of a 3 part Viennese chocolate base and is covered with 3 layers of a vanilla whipped cream, over which I have distributed colorful sugar sprinkles.

kuchen2.thumb.jpg.ca4fadfad30eaf571a7bda928609f3e1.jpgkuchen1.thumb.jpg.debbbe19d9b8366f351e822de7b9fd56.jpg

No black forest cake?  Love that BTW.  Alpine village is my go to local spot in CA.  Love the German diet but.... I'd get a LOT bigger 🤔😀

• Like 3