Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

20 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hey guys, sometimes things work out. It was a fender bender to the onramp for the Loop.

Parking deck was full to the third... the third has a overhead walkway into the building! & I managed to get to see the doc and be out of there before my appointment was supposed to happen. Nice.

Ride back not so nice it was >4 hrs. Southbound shut down, thousands of cars rerouted to secondary roads. Stopped and got rid of the coffee, got loaded up on a teenager's lunch. Hot fries, sunflower seeds, green tea and a slice of store bought poundcake. Detour took us two exits down the road. Bad wreck again here, at Cowpens this time.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/2022/05/18/scdot-vehicle-fire-shuts-down-i-85-near-exit-83-spartanburg-county/

nothing new to me as we have the the densest traffic network in europe

• Like 3

It was an exciting day. Because I didn't have time to take care of the part-time bird, I put my daughter in charge of it. Not 2 hours later she called me....Dad the bird is gone, he escaped from the bird cage. But he is still flying from tree to tree on our property, we can identify him by his shrill sound signature.

When I came home the weather changed, we had a very warm and sunny morning, it started to storm and hail. The bird was still outside. We were very worried and all 4 of us ran like crazy through the storm to save the bird. We did not succeed in finding it, although we heard it sneezing again and again.

We had to go into the house, my wife was very worried, the storm left us no other choice. After about 2 hours the weather calmed down, we went outside and realized with relief that we could still hear the sneezing. After another short search we found him under a bush and brought him into the house. My children and wife, as well as myself, were really happy that he survived this storm without injury. Now he sits contentedly on our white-bellied hedgehog after he has filled his belly.

20220519_185234.thumb.jpg.b05c067d6d834bee86cdfeaa023a97ee.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

No cute animals here at the moment.

Just one of these 8% IPA’s while I try to sort out the wires for my guitar pedals.

85C04984-D146-443B-A1B4-AB13B37306F8.thumb.jpeg.8953c4f9f7deecb6c5f3fb47a2a68b3c.jpeg

oh, and I’m listening to some music streaming on this little guy I got the day before Christmas 2020 when they were marked down to $49.1A7C92FA-485A-4F7C-93E1-B5D608D3E307.thumb.jpeg.3f0544ba77a6c7eaeff50e479358dfa9.jpeg

• Like 4

Mornin' all

Been up for a while. Nicw rhis AM.. a little cool. A few high clouds. Nice sunrise. Color 360`

I contacted the shop I bought the Yamaha from. Gonna take it in... . This going to sound stupid... but, I might let them clean/lube my old Sony DVD player. The silly thing reads discs with fewer glitches than any other machine I have. I use it for CDs

the dust is a big problem here. Growls a little when it loads. And it is 15 years old. Never been serviced in any manner I could prolly do it myself... just a matter of the right lube and where to put it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

just a matter of the right lube and where to put it

I'm with that dude right above me!  ^^^^^^^   Just gonna scroll on down now.  TYVM @Invidiosulus😂  😂 

Monsoon hit here yesterday afternoon.  Watching the grand play ball and saw it coming in so they cancelled the game.  Talk about how much rain?  2.5 inches here in an bit over an hour along w/strong wind gusts.  Yard is looking great this morning though!  lol

• Like 3

6 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Mornin' all

I contacted the shop I bought the Yamaha from. Gonna take it in... . This going to sound stupid... but, I might let them clean/lube my old Sony DVD player. The silly thing reads discs with fewer glitches than any other machine I have use it for CDs

smilie_op_007.gif

• Like 2

All quiet in the hood.  No mower wars yet but after that rain we had it'll start again tomorrow.  Nope, not gonna be the one to start it either!  61 today and showers here and there all week it seems.  Who knows but I do know one thing.  Gonna warm up some tubes and unzip some new ones verrrrry shortly.  :)

Hope you get that moaning, groaning player fixed up to your liking @grasshopper. Travel time always sucks but at least you can get an honest answer in most cases.  Sometimes ya just have to cut your losses and buy a new one.  I actually found a very nice old Oppo a few years back on fb marketplace.  Talked with the guy and they rarely used it he said.  Hour drive South to Columbus and grabbed it.  $50  Works fine here for cd's and they sound great.  It'll sort out for ya brother.  Isn't it fun though?  Ugh!

• Like 1

I snagged an H/K dvd player at the white elephant for $10 and I have a Marantz 5 disc CD machine. The Sony just glitches a lot less than either of the other 2....I'll manage

school ended... Thursday was the last day... Summer school starts today. Covid mandate that schools have it... Problem is... wife is the only teacher at the school. Nobody to punt it off to...

we won't see rain for a month... I think May average precip is 0.2in... We might see some toward the end of une. The clouds of yesterday were an anomaly.

• Like 1

I had to cut down a couple of trees today on our driveway to the house. Too much dead wood of birches and pines as well as their trunks were already partly uprooted from the soil by the strong winds and the many rains of the last days. It was only a matter of days or weeks until these trees would then lie on our driveway. I´am quite exhausted from this work and have pretty bad back pain.I think I was cutting the wrong branch

baum.gif.f05746c90bc955486a63c1a8b3e70e17.gif

• Haha 5