Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 5/23/2022 at 4:36 PM, richieb said:

The only thing wrong with that plan is the handsaw. Any red-blooded American would have used a chainsaw, nothing lesser. What you show there is nothing more than inexperienced weekend warriors choosing the wrong tool. 🪵

Hey man if I had all of my belongings with me (po'd smiley) I'd scan some pictures of me and my friend from Houston. That pic is comical but... It was after Hugo and we cut up over 40 I am not joking 30' - 50' pines, oak, maple, an apple and a willow with a good pruning saw an axe and a hundred year old two handled two man saw. That one had been a decoration we commandeered.

He said it was nothing compared to David, but it was my first hurricane! 

Ended up with a pile taller than me at 5'9", eight feet deep into the yard and >100' long, yard was 150 ft at the road. Kept the blades oiled, had to clean the sap off with turpentine that comes from that same pine sap.

• Like 2

That's from before I drank it! The cans were all red when I started in my late teens occasionally having some. Now I'm like Linus and his blanket. Bout time for adding milk, I let it cool and it's the last of that qt I made at 5:30.

PXL-20220524-152014948.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

running warmer than I am comfortable with. Might be something or nothing....

you  wanna  know if you have a problem ..........simple ...the unit overheats and stops working  .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

That just looks so organized!  Impressive!!!   Then there's this!   😂

Well back to "If I had my stuff" It would not be so sparse and neat... and I'd have a desk instead of a card table like the past year!   But the sound from the pc is way better than it was... so that's a trade off I'll take!

• Like 2

Never smoked cigarettes til I was 45.  I decided to make some changes where I worked so hit the night shift taking in the big picture.  Had a couple great cigars I found while I was in Tampa a few months earlier so burned those then hit a menthol from one of the supervisors and it was down hill from there.  I've quit about 4 times and just about ready to make it 5.  I just lay them down and forget about them.  A week later I'm done for a few years.  About ready to do that again.  Life's simple but I somehow always make it more complex.  Imagine that!  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I must admit that it is difficult for me to stop smoking. I have been doing this since I was 16. Good, I buy for more than 15 years no more ready packs, because these are much too expensive in Germany. In addition, they have no good taste, as far as you can talk about taste at all. I therefore prefer to fill my cigarettes myself with a small plugging machine. For this I then use good filter sleeves and a very light tobacco without additives. Since I do this, I no longer have a smoker's cough in the morning. Of course ...you now say, let it be with the smoking....I know that it is not good anyway.

• Like 3

I was horrified to read today that a spree killer killed at least 23 children and adults at a Texas elementary school. We had such a tragedy at a German school years ago. I will never understand something like that. As Siegmund Freud says, "in every human beeing there is a criminal", the question is only what must happen in a human beeing to perform such an act.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

therefore prefer to fill my cigarettes myself with a small plugging machine. For this I then use good filter sleeves and a very light tobacco without additives

... when I worrked at the RV factory, if you didn't smoke while on break, you were susceptable to being tasked with something... because you weren't "on break" ----

I roll my own cigs. Have for 30 years, steady, and on and off before that. It was economically motivated.... now, I can't stand the taste of pre-rolled/packs of cigs. I don't use a machine. Mine are hand rolled.

The Border Patrol's eyes always light up when they look in my ash tray of my car.... [yeah, the car is that old... it has a lighter, too]... until they notice all the butts are hand rolled.

Oh... with the brand of tobacco i use... light tobacco refers to color, not nicotine content

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

.... as far as these shootings...

I think a paint brush and canvas or a guitar might be a better way to express anger

Could help.

Didn't "they" deem PE, Art and Band classes unnecessary and an exorbitant cost a while back?

I'll leave that there to stew.

Any more from me on this current event wouldn't help "them" adopt their own $$$$ findings on the big shootings in the past. "They" want another option.

(teardrop - sad face smiley)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

The Border Patrol's eyes always light up when they look in my ash tray of my car.... [yeah, the car is that old... it has a lighter, too]...

I'm surprised that you still dare to go on the road with your car and where do you hide the ashtray and the lighter

grasshopper.thumb.png.e84a8688ade2bbb66cdf5f7459b0f8ba.png

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I was horrified to read today that a spree killer killed at least 23 children and adults at a Texas elementary school. We had such a tragedy at a German school years ago. I will never understand something like that. As Siegmund Freud says, "in every human beeing there is a criminal", the question is only what must happen in a human beeing to perform such an act.

19 children and 2 adults, the shooters grandmother was also shot before he went to the school. She is in the hospital.

Another sad day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1