Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good luck with that!

A road trip with open air hitting me at 55 + is always more comfortable than vegging out. First it was the Silverado with the back window then the bike, heck now I want fresh air all the time when I'm the road!

• Like 2

I try to not think about it.The tank on this little car only holds 10 gal... Shopping around doesn't make a big difference. Maybe a dollar per tank... and the car gets 45 -50 mpg.  

I feel like I should be doing something... Have another cup of coffee. I don't think that is what I should be doing.. but, that is what I'm gonna do. IF I am going to do anything, I best get on it while it's cool. Oh.. too late. The sun came up.  

It will be a good weekend to stay home.... like I go anywhere. The trip to Tucson was enough for a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd take your 100 degree heat over the humidity here. :rolleyes: Yea right, until the tenth day in a row probably!

Done with my rationed 20 oz for today.

Forgot to order in time and my place in South America has my new favorite back in stock. It will take as usual ten days to get here... got an unopened lb plus the grinder hopper's almost full. Need to make sure I don't run out and I'm pushing it close this time.

• Like 3

early afternoon here , 5 pm . Just finished some RCA Cableworks for some HiFi friends ...I´ll mean 4 Pair I had to built. However , weather isn´t that good here, windy , cloudy , too cold, gonna take a rest now and see you later .

• Like 3

I made a wonderful dinner , there were croquettes with a champion cream sauce, plus rutabagas cooked in a vegetable stock with creme fraise and pork tenderloin which was fried in onions with sweet Bavarian mustard. Now I am really full and so is my family. Time for an iced coffee....

• Like 5

I had a couple sliced red bell peppers and some vanilla ice cream.  Then I panicked cause I left the coffee maker on from yesterday afternoon..  Musta shut off automatically or I toasted it by leaving it on for 24 hours.  Who knows?

• Haha 3

Eating red bell peppers... sounds like me. I'll eat them like an apple.

Maybe I never checked... but after running the Sony substitute for the CR-840 [at volume] for a while, it gets pretty warm too.

I would be most happy to get my Yamaha but w/o need for repair.... I have a hard time listening to the Sony now... It sounds so muffled

• Thanks 2

If that Yah was getting "Too Hot to Handle"* it's good you took it in to get checked/refurbished since you liked the sound coming from it. With the heat you get doesn't seem like it would be able to cope with that and running for hours on end.

Reds are good, orange too. Like the green in a salad or just cut up salad toppings soaked in Greek dressing a few hours before lunch. Haven't done that this year yet, those things are getting ripe and will be local at the farmers market soon. 

*UFO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Koger (and WalMart) are the only game in Duckburg so they had them on sale for a buck.  They're usually a buck fity so I snagged a dozen the other day.  I've got about 6 left.  Also picked up a big tub of cottage cheese so it's scoop  time here.  Last day of the sale is today so gonna catch a shower & blade, don my body armor. N-95 mask and hit Kroger again shortly.  Never tried the "scoop thingy" before but it works somehow.  Such an exciting life I lead.   😂  

Plan on warming up the tubes later.  Bwa ha ha.

Hot gear?  Sure things get hot but that goes with the territory.  The tech will prolly just plug that Yaammer in right after he wraps it in a blanket and plugs it in.  Sits on the bench for 8-10 hours turned ON the weak link in it ALWAYS surfaces.

There IS an alternative though Bill.  

Black Jack

• Haha 3

It's gettin' about time for me to plug in the A/C out there [the doghouse] first. A fan for the amp did cross my mind.  With it still being cool in the AM, it doesn't even get a little warm until late afternoon... by that time, it's starting to cool back down, it hasn't gotten done yet. It is a minor project, otherwise, it would be done already. A 50lb box ,full of old NatGeo, is in the way of the outlet....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1