Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Made in the shade.

I'm inside 5 min now and I've had enough. Not even 90 and low humidity <= 50% but I'm beat & burnt already. I'll get the rest tomorrow. Maybe. 

Guess that heavy brunch could have worsened it, I had two Eggs Benedict sandwiches! Bet that's it, bet I won't get hungry until gametime too.

C'Mon `Canes Do it for Coach Brind'Amour & the crazed Caniacs there tonight!

• Like 2

I hear you. It's gotta be the heavy food I ate, and I know better. But ham fit to eat is something I have not found in years. That is not an exaggeration. Don't have any pizza making stuff so can't do the pineapple bacon one that's good with those bell peppers.

Since working age (14) lots of time I had to cut grass in the heat of the late afternoon with females fussing at me. Wasn't even hot except for the sunburn ;)

• Like 2

the sun takes some conditioning. I was very tan in HI. I could handle that tropical sun all day... after the initial burn... and you can get  burned w/o knowing it until after the damage was done. I was used to the sun here. It doesn't mince words.... It wants to cook you and you know it. With it being 80` in HI, you don't notice the sun's intentions. I got fried the first time I was out for any time.

• Like 1

Oh Yea I used to like to get in it with less on and loved the feeling. Since 01 and the skin cancer starting after being on massive immunos I have not been out. My arms neck and face have a little but the rest is as bright as my hairy bu**.

So with my Scotch-English heritage guess I was almost a carrot top.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 F here, rain and clouds all over, my wife travelled with her school class to Hamburg for a week. It´s the Graduation trip.

Got a lot of cable works this week , for some german hifi friends. Doesn´t end , if one bought a pair of speakercables, powercords or RCA cables , they recommend me to other hifi friends they have. So an neverending story. Doing that for 5 years now and every year I have an increase of private business. Nice pocket money 😂 But I invest that profit into my own gear . Need to order some raw materials now ....

• Like 4

Both great grand parents were German and entered the USA in NYC after a long boat ride over. Settled here in Ohio for some crazy reason.  Go figure!   A road trip is on my bucket list but with everything out there today who knows.  Beautiful country over there and I'd love to see it.

Sounds like your wife won't be getting much sleep on that trip Micro but they'll all survive.  Maybe!  Either way you're snaggin some pocket cash to pay for that 3rd tone arm you weren't gonna get.  :)

Just keep crankin out those cables cause it keeps you off the streets and outta trouble.  :)

Error Technical Difficulties GIF - Error Technical Difficulties Lan GIFs

Hot as balls here today but tomorrow some rain and a temp drop but right back up for the weekend.  June's booked for me with a couple eye surgeries & some lens implants then the landscapers are coming in to work in a blind man's yard.  In and out $800 richer and I won't be able to keep an eyeball on them.  Perfect!   😂  B)

😂

• Haha 3

It's around 2pm here and I've finished the yards, burned the storm debris & got my shower already. I'll do the ham and hollandaise for dinner not having that near the middle of the day again. We'll get storms again soon with 90s the rest of the week, had thunder and lightning last night with mid 80s but it just spit a little.

• Like 3

Yep we were the New World at one time unless you believe the new thinking cr#p!

I didn't do what my possible ancestors did, neither did anybody alive today. :dry:

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn and see movies of a prophetic nature back in the 80s. :D

• Like 3

There are Lots of Germans in NY who immigrated to NYC  in the late 1800- early 1900's  , and  quite a few were  Italian-Germans  born in Germany with German Family names  .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are the new world, historically, from a European perspective.  There is no new thinking crap, only history, which is not based on belief but facts as they present themselves.  There can be blame for the past on those in the past, and today we can reflect on the past.  We can't change what happened but we can and try to prevent it from happening now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, 001 said:

There are Lots of Germans in NY who immigrated to NYC  in the late 1800- early 1900's  , and  quite a few were  Italian-Germans  born in Germany with German Family names  .

40 minutes ago, 001 said:

And you had a Sicilian grandfather, didn't you? So you also have European roots. Please correct me if it's not true, but I remember an exchange between us in my DIY Audiocable thread

• Like 1