Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, babadono said:

All white people in N.A. have European roots. We did not spontaneously generate.

My mom said the stork brought me. I don't thinks storks can fly all the way across the Atlantic. 🤣

• Haha 3

fried rice tonight. Wife is cooking. She has spices from the Asian Market... I have no idea what they are. The writing on the packages is not in English. Wife spent some time in Malaysia, so she is pretty familiar with that stuff. I leave the Asian cooking to her. 

I cooked last night. I went exotic... Meatloaf. lol

best part is fried meatloaf sandiwches with leftovers.

Should I open the mustard vs catsup debate or did I just do that?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Take a pic of the packet if it's good!

Meatloaf? I can't duplicate what I grew up with, it's a sweet & sour Dutch thing she said. I can get it close but there was something she had in it that's not in the recipe. I'd take the leftovers and make an open face sandwich with cheddar on top melted like cheese toast but better. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I cooked last night. I went exotic... Meatloaf. lol

best part is fried meatloaf sandiwches with leftovers.

Should I open the mustard vs catsup debate or did I just do that?

I've never tried a fried meatloaf sandwich. I always toast my bread but eat the meat cold straight from the refrigerator. Fried sounds really interesting. Oh, and it is spicy or Dijon mustard all the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Just throwin this down cause I forgot about it.  Premire of Tedeschi Trucks band's new 4 lp release.  This is the first album.  Freebie on youtube right now.  Then it's goin down.

I see them now for the third time ! The new release seems to take you hard 🤣Would me too if I had paid $110 for it 😅

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Take a pic of the packet if it's good!

Meatloaf? I can't duplicate what I grew up with, it's a sweet & sour Dutch thing she said. I can get it close but there was something she had in it that's not in the recipe. I'd take the leftovers and make an open face sandwich with cheddar on top melted like cheese toast but better. 

you´re a creative chef

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MicroMara said:

you´re a creative chef

I can't claim that one bud.

That's what my mom did for my brother and I especially if the potatos and green beans were all gone. Certain entrees pair with certain veggies, believe me peas weren't as good with it! So molasses, mustard powder, tomato sauce, vinegar with some A1 in there somehow. Blows my mind how I've tried it twenty times even the thin slices of bell peppers on top and haven't made it as good. I can do lots of those meals pretty well.

• Like 4

I guess I'm gonna have a little sediment in my coffee the next few days. Ran out of paper coffee filters and am having to use the gold mesh "forever" filter.

our little store is doing some remodeling [new coolers] and they ran stock down on a couple aisles to facilitate the rearranging. Coffee filters happened to be in one of those... I know some don't care for paper filters... they catch the essential oils and diminish flavor, it is said..Maybe so, I don't care for grit when I chew my dollop of coffee

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That's what makes my manual maker taste different more than the coarse grind for it. With the good beans I've had recently wish I had it with me. Onto my last of 650 filters in a package from a while back I've kept back-ups of necessary dry stuff forever. That habit has gotten more severe the last year or so.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I can't claim that one bud.

That's what my mom did for my brother and I especially if the potatos and green beans were all gone. Certain entrees pair with certain veggies, believe me peas weren't as good with it! So molasses, mustard powder, tomato sauce, vinegar with some A1 in there somehow. Blows my mind how I've tried it twenty times even the thin slices of bell peppers on top and haven't made it as good. I can do lots of those meals pretty well.

I'm curious...there is a Dutch version of sauerbratten that I've eaten before. I wonder if your mom's meatloaf had that kind of flavor? It's been more than 50 years since I've eaten the Dutch dish, but I remember loving it.

• Like 4

I've saved some of her older cookbooks, 50s and 60s from church groups or other fundraisers. In storage but that was the name given by the contributor. Even having it in front of me and the texture turning out the same it's obvious she modified that sauce recipe a little.

Always knew the reasoning behind the apple cider vinegar in the cabinet... greens, meatloaf and the dressing for the spinach salad... toasted almonds, red onion, mandarin oranges. You have to cook the dressing with the juice from the orange cans, vinegar and other stuff.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I guess I'm gonna have a little sediment in my coffee the next few days. Ran out of paper coffee filters and am having to use the gold mesh "forever" filter.

our little store is doing some remodeling [new coolers] and they ran stock down on a couple aisles to facilitate the rearranging. Coffee filters happened to be in one of those... I know some don't care for paper filters... they catch the essential oils and diminish flavor, it is said..Maybe so, I don't care for grit when I chew my dollop of coffee

Its a sad day when one runs out of filters and I agree, not a fan of sediment in my coffee.   Luckily it does fall to the bottom somewhat.   I'm an unbleached filter fan myself.  if I ordered these off of Amazon Prime this morning, they would arrive later today.  That's impressive.  don't know about where you are however?   

https://www.amazon.com/Basket-Coffee-Filters-Natural-Unbleached/dp/B07MLYHRQ9/ref=sr_1_5?crid=37S7NG2RE59CX&keywords=unbleached+coffee+filters+8-12+cup&qid=1654090724&sprefix=unbleached+coffee%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-5

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Its a sad day when one runs out of filters and I agree, not a fan of sediment in my coffee.   Luckily it does fall to the bottom somewhat.   I'm an unbleached filter fan myself.  if I ordered these off of Amazon Prime this morning, they would arrive later today.  That's impressive.  don't know about where you are however?   

https://www.amazon.com/Basket-Coffee-Filters-Natural-Unbleached/dp/B07MLYHRQ9/ref=sr_1_5?crid=37S7NG2RE59CX&keywords=unbleached+coffee+filters+8-12+cup&qid=1654090724&sprefix=unbleached+coffee%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-5

We use un-bleached cone type. They come 200 to a box and last about 6months...

Those basket type are a pita to single out....

we can suffer the gold mesh filter for a few days

• Like 2

@grasshopperJust a visual of an Amaon drone delivery to your front door accompanied by 32  border patrol agents with a couple K-9's sniffing everywhere.  Then w/a fly by so low you can see the pilot laffing his rear off looking down at you.  Would you wave or no?  😂   😂   😂   :)

9 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I see them now for the third time ! The new release seems to take you hard 🤣Would me too if I had paid $110 for it 😅

You stick w/buying tonearms and carts THEN mounting them.  I'll stick to the tunes capiche?  Then there are the turtle rides...  😂

Turtle Vinyl GIF - Turtle Vinyl Record GIFs

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

@grasshopperJust a visual of an Amaon drone delivery to your front door accompanied by 32  border patrol agents with a couple K-9's sniffing everywhere.  Then w/a fly by so low you can see the pilot laffing his rear off looking down at you.  Would you wave or no?  😂   😂   😂   :)

You stick w/buying tonearms and carts THEN mounting them.  I'll stick to the tunes capiche?  Then there are the turtle rides...  😂

Turtle Vinyl GIF - Turtle Vinyl Record GIFs

😂

that´s 78 RPM not 33 1/3 RPM 🤣

• Haha 2