Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

42 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I was the wire monkey at the bowling alley. At 6'2 and 135lb, they had me pulling wires all over the suspended ceiling... it was much quicker than moving ladders 

My boss is 7’2.

He definitely came in handy a few months ago when we were running some cables for a new video conference system at work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

You need my 9 year old grandson Bill.  I call him my "wire rat."  Sent him down and back under my butcher block to plug everything in to a small power strip.  Told him I'd give him $5 for plugging everything in.  He get's done and want's his money BUT the price was now $10 according to him.  I said "why $10."  He said, cause you forgot to add in the tax.  :)

I've got a power conditioner sitting on the floor now, so before he went on vacay I cut him a deal.  $20 for the entire new wire job including ALL taxes.  He said OK.  Would prolly be cheaper to get my old butt down there and do it myself.  I KNOW it's gonna cost me more than that 20!  lol

you´ve got a very smart grandson 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

You need my 9 year old grandson Bill. Would prolly be cheaper to get my old butt down there and do it myself.  I KNOW it's gonna cost me more than that 20!  lol

no worries , he'll get all your gear one day, he's just making sure it all runs perfectly   ,  I have 3 Bill's now ,  the last was Born in April ,  that means  my gang will do  everything my Wife wants to be done  around the house and  ole Randy can watch TV 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

That will be fun...

Keep it down would be stupid to ask...

Nice this AM. 55` before the sun came up. Only 95` for a high. House stays quite comfortable, if I close it up when the outside temp exceeds indoor... 6:30 or so...

Nothing planned. Sprayed some water at a few bushes. I'm about done for the day. Cook something will wrap it up.

Breakfast of champions today.... leftover pizza

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Ha!  Just finished ridin around the house on the Cub Cadet and the neighbor's are out baack doing some painting.  She's on the ladder and he's watchin her sittin under a tree.  Painting isn't in his job description.   She yells back to me and said hurry up and crank it up.  Her wish is my command!   Works for me cause that was my plan!  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Talk here got me looking at my coffee making. Had already changed over to unbleached filters, not having my immersion maker to use occasionally sparked me looking at permanent filters.

Recently had to get a colander, after eight months making pasta without one I couldn't stand it anymore. Have any of you seen what I assume is the computer generated laser made colanders? Mine's got big enough holes you can see it looking at it from the other side of the room. Works great, the starch cleans off easier.

Not with the coffee filters, it seems to be solid stainless from an angled distance. Dialed my grinder to as coarse as it will go. Instead of 1tbsp/5oz water after a couple days I'm on 1/7 now. Nice full flavor, just more rich because of the oils. Have increased my water intake in case the k-stones try to come back from this. Slight sludge at the bottom of the pot but it's nothing like a press.

PXL-20220606-150553408.jpg

• Like 2

I'm getting a little 'sludge" in the bottom of my pot/cup. Can't say I notice much difference in taste. Same measures as I usually use. These Mexican beans make a chocolatey tasting coffee. Medium/dark roast. Wife prefers the medium/light roast Peruvin beans...more floral tasting

We're getting into serious desert "June gloom".... Oppressively sunny and warm. Temps in Tucson are sposed to be 105 - 107`F.  Time to fill the pool. A kiddie pool. Deep enough to sit in and get wet to your waist.   ...it's more of a big.shallow bathtub.

Trying to get a few little things done before it gets [too] warm.

• Like 3

I am once again totally flat, My wife and my children have me today at noon so annoyed that I went into the garden, I barely realized how terrible the garden after a long period of rain looked. I grabbed the lawn mower to mow the lawn areas. Then I took the brush cutter to cut the slope in front of the pool and the weeds in front of the hedges.Went to shower and now lying on the couch and drinking a Chai Tea. The week begins as the old has ended, always in the move, always something to do. A never-ending cycle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I'm getting a little 'sludge" in the bottom of my pot/cup. Can't say I notice much difference in taste.

You changed from paper to a mesh or colander type filter too?

45 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

The week begins as the old has ended, always in the move, always something to do. A never-ending cycle.

I hope this kind of cycle I'm going through isn't the last for me. Heck I'm replacing stuff I already have... but separated from.

Don't think it's a fate/karma thing, being tolerant/aggressive only ever jumped until it was past due... l@b

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

You changed from paper to a mesh or colander type filter too?

I hope this kind of cycle I'm going through isn't the last for me. Heck I'm replacing stuff I already have... but separated from.

Don't think it's a fate/karma thing, being tolerant/aggressive only ever jumped until it was past due... l@b

Sometimes it takes time until you realize that you actually already had everything, that it was perfect. But then consumerism comes into play, the marketing of products that are supposed to make you believe that the old is no longer good enough or was.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I have the same problem right now because I love vintage audio so much. I'm currently thinking about trading in my SS Marantz PM 11-S3 and SACD / DAC Marantz SA11-S3 for a refurbished Marantz SC 9 preamp and a Marantz SM 8 power amp.

1133901886_sc9Sm8kleiner.thumb.jpg.6236c85e4217331b69fc6b4b1332601e.jpg

but could also be a Luxmann L550

L550.jpg.aac31dadcb3b625f7b86b22b50d375b3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Sometimes it takes time until you realize that you actually already had everything, that it was perfect. But then consumerism comes into play, the marketing of products that are supposed to make you believe that the old is no longer good enough or was.

Nope. It's all the stuff I've been living existing without that I decided *%$^it. Just buy it before it isn't available anymore!

* Luxman!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3