Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Just buy it before it isn't available anymore!

That´s the reason why I bought another Cartridge today 😂 It´s a Goldring G 920 IGC , the top model from the G 900 series

321805968_IGC920.jpg.f4cb1d78903cf44863fa1dffe827bfdd.jpg

smilie_sh_029.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OMG!! You need a new showcase dude! There wasn't any more room in the pics I saw last week.

Got IT.

Replace the sweeper arm with an actual one then you can keep three on the marble deck.

• Like 1

Welllll the food looks great but I'm stuffed.  MPO last night for the cataract surgery today.  What a breeze.  Getting into surgery was a pita.  The wait, the prep and then the ride down for my surgeon.   Took all of 15 minutes for the entire process.  Back down tomorrow so he can eyeball  then out the door for a week. Other eye goes down on the 21st. 

Just loaded up with drops and can actually see tons better.  Crazy. 

Oldest daughter took me down and waited to drive me home.  She got me.  Told me afterward she ordered Chilpotle AND a dozen cookies.  Delivered to the main desk in the OSU Eye Hospital.  lolol  I said great I'm starved.  THEN se said I just put it all on one of the credit cards in your wallet.  OK, how much?  Don't know didn't ask but the cookies were $30 for a dozen.  Sooooo, add 5 orders of Chilpotle into that?  Ok, as long as everyone's happy I guess..   😂😂

• Like 3

I'm resisting a rant on medical insurance. I'll make it short. Wife has/had cataracts and AMD. Insurance co would not cover catarct surgery until it became critical.... meanwhile the AMD gets worse... and isn't curable.By the time they OKd the cataract procedure, it almost didn't matter because the AMD progressed.

done with that

Good morning.... for you

I am taking a friend to Tucson for[he's having fun, too] a colonascopy. Since it's gonna be 105`+, there is no "cool of the day" during their operating hours. I figure they'll be done with him around 2PM... I imagine me sitting at the hospital the whole time.  I don't care to be out in the heat, even if there is A/C in the car. Not fit weather to be out.

Oh.. we tied a record for precip in May...

0.00"

there were a few clouds on the eastern horizon this AM... The weather forecast gives chances for rain.  1% - 5%. LOL They get excited when a cloud pops up. June Gloom, Tucson style.... any cloud is a good cloud. Most likely, we'll get more fire than rain. Lightning...w/o rain

• Sad 2

On 6/6/2022 at 10:25 PM, JohnJ said:

* Luxman!

Vintage components, whether Accuphase, McIntosh, Marantz, Luxman etc...I have done a lot of research in recent days and found that it makes no sense for me. They don´t have the capabilities for my claim to combine preamp´s and power amp´s like I want, that's the real problem. I can combine the following configurations

1. tube preamp > tube monos
2. tube preamplifier > transistor power amplifier
3. transistor preamp > tube monos
4. transistor preamp > transistor power amp

So at this time I am considering further modifications to the units themselves to realize their full potential . Will also be exciting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

All I know is I'll be glad to get the left eye done.  15 minutes and he was done.  Day 3 and the vision in my right eye is back.  Amazed me since I was clueless as to what they were going to do.

The colon scope is something I'd rather not talk about.  hahaha  The snake they use in that process is also used at times in another process if you have any heart work done.  I asked ONCE and wish I hadn't.  Changed my entire outlook.  Just don't ask is my advice.  Go with the flow.   :)

George. if you have an over abundance of money I am accepting donations toward the purchase of a new EVO400.  Not tax deductible yet but we could pretend it is.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Think I'd better arrange getting my head done.

Feel like I'll not escape this *^#$ place until...

Been nigh onto a year & at that time I believed... 

So I pulled the trigger on some new little Klipsch to make things more bearable!

Seen versions of it described as "too big" online ??? ALL bookshelf speakers are small to a degree.

The 90db/w 42-25k hz Polk's are going somewhere, I've got the factory packaging & they matched the sound of my Heresy IIs well. 

• Like 2

Those would be a great speaker for someone and you shouldn't have a problem at all selling them.  Plenty of time left to pick up something different down the road.  We all know what you're gonna do!  Play your cards right and maybe @MicroMara will send you a donation too.  :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I survived the trip to town. Intermittent A/C in the car. When it wasn't working, it blew HOT. We got home and I was most happy. The temp was 107`.

Today started out warm....about 70` Made 100`... then rained a little. Just enough to make it humid. Thunder has been rumbling all afternoon and we got enough rain to cool it down to 85`. I opened the house. I doubt it will get over that for the rest of the day. Gotta love "the monsoon".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Been outside all day working in 106 once, the paint dried on the shaded side before it could be backrolled. And the guys with the rollers were right behind me. This was before lunch. We called it a day, were wasting too much paint. Then saw the smoke on the west side of I-95.. that's where the big fire started. We weren't back out there for over a week, too smoky and the interstate was closed too.

• Like 2

that kind of heat isn't anything to mess with.

I was telling some folks about siesta and how much I embrace it. We started work at the buttcrack of dawn and wrapped up around 1PM... saying "Only a white man would try to work in the heat of the day"... This discussion took place with some online friends... One guy asked "Bill, you're white aren't you?" "Yeah.. But, I'm an honorary Mexican, I've lived here [in the desert] for 50 years".

• Haha 2

Well we'd worked in a hundred, yes most of the crew was Mexicans and they took too much time off. That stucco had not even seen the sunshine that day yet. We hoped to get a couple buildings a day and did until that wave started. Elastomeric gets all stringy and starts to dry in the bucket when it was like that. Thirty years later I don't last too long doing stuff at 95 anymore!

• Like 2